Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:38:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Biggest Fish - cooperative gambling game!  (Read 10269 times)
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 07:25:50 PM

Why is there a nameless fish with 0 visible?  I thought they had to be .1 BTC to be visible.
svost

Activity: 461
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 07:47:20 PM

Why is there a nameless fish with 0 visible?  I thought they had to be .1 BTC to be visible.
Fish with "0" is the very 1st fish which is used to join the game when there are no other fish visible.

4NovacoinyLfMCjTzqDXcaGNTrykfDBNkP
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 08:42:17 PM

There's currently a 6 BTC a 3 BTC and a bunch of little fish.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 09:15:00 PM

The rules should show somewhere before you join.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Micon
Legendary

Activity: 1232

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 09:20:46 PM

pretty cool IMO.

totally about to make a Micon fish + a sealswithclubs fish... maybe Freemoney beat me to it  Smiley

So IMO lets say I had a really big fish, like 55 btc or something 10x what the "big" fishes were

- so like, everyone is going to take a shot and bite me - what are my exact chances for survival?  is it supposed to be +EV for smaller fish to bite larger?  so having the largest fish is -EV and just to fly your flag? (I sort of love that model)

- or is it really balanced?  if i drop a headshot of BTC on my fish is it fairly impossible to bite, unless a guy comes along and lets just say makes his fish 45 vs. my 55 and takes a few bites, will he likely 1/2 me after a few shots?  or after his 1st shot I take 1/2 and his next shot is only 1/2 as powerful?

I NEED MORE INFO / really cool / got me thinking for sure. 

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 09:36:34 PM

The instructions, such as they are, say the odds of winning are proportional to the size of the fish.  So the tiny .1 fish attacking the 50 BTC fish has a very small chance of winning.  However, when the tiny fish wins, he wins 25 BTC, and when he loses, he loses .05.

1% goes to the house and it looks like 10% to someone else's fish if you click on that, so I'd click on the 0 fish to start.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 09:47:48 PM

pretty cool IMO.

totally about to make a Micon fish + a sealswithclubs fish... maybe Freemoney beat me to it  Smiley

So IMO lets say I had a really big fish, like 55 btc or something 10x what the "big" fishes were

- so like, everyone is going to take a shot and bite me - what are my exact chances for survival?  is it supposed to be +EV for smaller fish to bite larger?  so having the largest fish is -EV and just to fly your flag? (I sort of love that model)

- or is it really balanced?  if i drop a headshot of BTC on my fish is it fairly impossible to bite, unless a guy comes along and lets just say makes his fish 45 vs. my 55 and takes a few bites, will he likely 1/2 me after a few shots?  or after his 1st shot I take 1/2 and his next shot is only 1/2 as powerful?

I NEED MORE INFO / really cool / got me thinking for sure. 

The same math as playing other gambling games should be applied. If u compare TBF to SatoshiDICE, u can notice that it's the same game. The only difference is that SatoshiDICE uses its own money to pay winnings and TBF uses money of other fish... er, players.

Btw, 10 BTC vs 20 BTC gives only 33% chance to win, not 50%, so gameplay looks perfectly balanced - more ur risk, higher ur reward.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 10:06:34 PM

Someone has just tried to win against 3 BTC fish. Attacked it with 30 small fish 0.1 BTC each. Now 3 BTC became 4.5 BTC.
It seems to me that a lot of attempts with small fish give less chances to win than one attempt with all powers.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 10:31:02 PM

Someone has just tried to win against 3 BTC fish. Attacked it with 30 small fish 0.1 BTC each. Now 3 BTC became 4.5 BTC.
It seems to me that a lot of attempts with small fish give less chances to win than one attempt with all powers.

vs the 4.5 fish is a 4.4 fish the best shot?

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 10:37:44 PM

If u need the highest chance than 4.5 is the best. Adjusting weight of ur fish u adjust winnings VS risk ratio. But don't split ur attack on 2-3-4 stages, coz ur victim will grow between attempts and winnings VS ratio will become worse.
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2012, 11:14:10 PM

If u need the highest chance than 4.5 is the best. Adjusting weight of ur fish u adjust winnings VS risk ratio. But don't split ur attack on 2-3-4 stages, coz ur victim will grow between attempts and winnings VS ratio will become worse.

ok i shipped .1 coin to my fish:  1N4mSQSX8cgQshjYnVoSy7NjaTr8szFr8L

then lost a bite, then shipped .11 more and now.... nothing...

+ I made a "MiconFISH" / sent coins to it but accidentally closed the browser - gone forever?

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 23, 2012, 11:17:07 PM

+ I made a "MiconFISH" / sent coins to it but accidentally closed the browser - gone forever?

Not forever. PM me with ur withdrawal address and transaction ids.
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2012, 01:33:00 AM

We need a history of battles, sometimes I don't know if the transaction fail or I died when I'm not seeing

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 06:44:52 AM

We need a history of battles, sometimes I don't know if the transaction fail or I died when I'm not seeing

It's in development. Will be added tomorrow.
tbcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2012, 07:27:57 AM

Grin

Sorry for my bad english Wink
Bitcoin card for deposit and payment + Little POS
Donations:1N65efiNUhH6sEQg7Z6oUC76kJS9Yhevyf
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 02:41:35 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2012, 03:40:18 PM by Otoh

Yep, history would be really cool, if possible can it be backdated somewhat too as I went to sleep about 10 hours ago & after playing & partying forgot what balance I left on my 2 fish, I thought I withdrew them down to 0.1 each but that seems unlikely as amazingly they were both alive this morning with balances of 8.143 btc & 2.155 btc, they actually made more money for me when I was asleep than I made for myself yesterday when awake - beginners luck maybe, perhaps someone kept attacking but lost many bites in a row & kept putting in 50% more each time or something or maybe I left higher balances up on them like 6 btc & 1 btc - would be great to see this last 12 hours history or if anyone could let me know, many thanks, cool game!

Edit: A few fishes had allied me so that may have helped, I'm sure it did so many thanks to those - especially if they were doing lots of bitings.
Edit 2: Just found a note which says 1.5 btc & 0.5 btc left, so could well be that those were the balances that I had left them on last night.

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
Micon
Legendary

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2012, 05:46:02 PM

1)  Love OP / has been helping ppl using the fish-system with attentive PM's.  Kuddos / damn fine operation so far

2) I am mutli-tabling fish game in 2 browsers.  

3)  just ran SealsWithClubsFISHY up to .3 btc / 2x successful bites / huge fucking day IMO

really love this unique / cool btc gaming site.  I hope OP scoops up a domain + somehow can make this my screen saver, and the option when both are only to play a game of rock paper scissors to decide the bite...

I'm just spit-balling here, but this is cool.

edit:  totally addicted, 4-tabling fishes...

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 09:42:51 PM

Grin

We has updated the server. Press Diary icon near Octopus. It stores last 100 entries.
finkleshnorts

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 10:25:23 PM

I just typed in a bunch of nonsense and it said I joined the game. Perhaps use some kind of input validation for bitcoin addressses.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 10:35:27 PM

I just typed in a bunch of nonsense and it said I joined the game. Perhaps use some kind of input validation for bitcoin addressses.

Aye, after we add all planned content we polish the game.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: