Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 03:28:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT is now 1288x cheaper than BTC  (Read 2125 times)
Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:27:19 AM

Nxt is a project not like those others shitty coins

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 04:59:23 PM

For what it's worth, I own some NXT and think it's a crying shame that it's worth less than trash like Dash and Doge. Those in charge of NXT aren't trying hard enough. In crypto, bullshit and buzzwords drive price, not fundamentals. Gotta step your game up if you want the price to rise! Take some lessons from eduffield and company. Cheesy

There's a little more to it than what you posted. "Nxt is a platform." "Nxt is the Linux of crypto."

"Nxt Is The Linux Of Crypto." That mission statement explains what's holding Nxt back, for now. Until it took over the Internet-server world, Linux was a fringey alternative OS and nothing more. Oh sure, it was and is an great subculture chock-full of helpful folks, but its adoption ratio stayed more-or-less stable at 1%.

That's why James et. al. are on the right track. Linux took the server world by storm for solid business reasons. Until a similar dollars-and-cents use case takes off by making/saving real $$$, Nxt will remain "The Linux of Crypto" - pre-server.

So once again, I counsel patience. The development of the Nxt core is as energetic as usual; leaving aside API-related squabbles, the core devs have set a really good example for the ecosystem developers. There are actually several ecosystem-building projects extant that aren't associated with James and the Supernet cohort. Right now, Nxt-as-Linux is at the "throw something at the wall and hope it sticks" stage. One of these days, a powered-by-Nxt business is going to break through and make some serious money for someone: enough $$$ to wake up other moneyed folk and provide a real-world example of how using Nxt pays. I believe it's only a matter of time before that real-world use case clicks.

That said, Horizon - the crypto I'm associated with - is an intriguing outside-chance. It's actually a plain clone, running on volunteer effort, whose reason for being is its distribution model (now coming to an end.) Thanks to it getting a nice bump recently, the value of one HZ is more than 4% of the value of one NXT. For a plain clone, that's almost unheard of. Essentially, a bet on HZ is a bet on HZers like me growing the ecosystem by our own efforts or the efforts of the Blocknet.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 06:12:26 PM

For what it's worth, I own some NXT...

Oh, boy, you fell lower than I thought. I expected you had more integrity (http://cryptolife.net/in-depth-analysis-nxt/).

i wonder whats hazard's take on nxt now after his 2014 article? change of heart? curious to hazard's analysis after a year.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 06:50:28 PM

curious to hazard's analysis after a year.

2 years.
HCLivess (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2015, 02:43:59 PM

1339x

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 07:44:48 PM

Nxt is indeed one of the most undervalued coins regarding the tech, community and devs, besides Qora.

I am sure we will see a value correction of NXT in 2016 when blockchain technology will enter the mainstream. Nxt offers the best blockchain ecosystem of all coin at the moment.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 11:59:18 PM

Nxt is indeed one of the most undervalued coins regarding the tech, community and devs, besides Qora.

I am sure we will see a value correction of NXT in 2016 when blockchain technology will enter the mainstream. Nxt offers the best blockchain ecosystem of all coin at the moment.

All arguable.  Nothing is a sure thing.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:13:58 PM

I believe hit #1 to the price was when thesir came around and hacked some crazy large percentage of all coins into his control from some exchange, price never recovered after that as it was a loss in confidence.

Hit #2 just happened with the supernet api compatibility. The nxt devs broke the third party software leading supernet project to x out nxt. This was/is another loss of confidence.

Unknown on wether the price will rebound.

Hit#3 which is underway, which could still be fallout from #2, is the questioning if nxt IS actually trying to be a financial platform ..

If only bcnext was around what would he say? (Maybe something like, NXT was just an experiment to determine societies evolution towards my main project)

Rias

Activity: 373

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:27:27 PM

It's hard to argue that NXT devs do have vision. The upcoming updates with coin shuffling and singleton assets indicate that it's being fulfilled. I'm really interested in singleton assets as they are close to DRM and some smartcontractish dimensions.

However, the real problem is that none of it matters IMO. World doesn't need a new NXT-based monetary system. I'd argue it's an interesting R&D playground, really worth following, but the gap with the real world is enormous.

It's not about NXT though, whole altcoin market fell victim of disillusioned followers. The next big thing is either not coming from crypto, or it won't be that big.
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:59:16 PM

It's hard to argue that NXT devs do have vision. The upcoming updates with coin shuffling and singleton assets indicate that it's being fulfilled. I'm really interested in singleton assets as they are close to DRM and some smartcontractish dimensions.

However, the real problem is that none of it matters IMO. World doesn't need a new NXT-based monetary system. I'd argue it's an interesting R&D playground, really worth following, but the gap with the real world is enormous.

It's not about NXT though, whole altcoin market fell victim of disillusioned followers. The next big thing is either not coming from crypto, or it won't be that big.
However when new users flood into the ecosystem, the first thing they will most likely fall for is altcoin scams. Since you can't really detach altcoins from bitcoins anymore.
All of this FUD about nxt lately makes me want to buy some more nxt. I may be disillusioned, but I can live with that. At least I have something to believe in.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:45:14 PM

I'm not saying that NXT won't be successful, it could.  But it isn't a sure thing.  Nothing is.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
gnargnar
Legendary

Activity: 1111
Merit: 1000

crypto-enthusiast since 2012

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:07:30 AM

I personally think NXT is a good project. Maybe a little too geeky but overall way better than most coins.

But after reading the excellent reply of Rias, I think it's safe now to lock the thread and let it die. Rias said it all and nothing more spot on can be said : that's the pure truth, maybe a sad one for some bagholders. Use that reality check to wake up now, the dream won't happen...

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: