Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:57:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: block halving date  (Read 4412 times)
GODLIKE

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:02:56 PM

i can argue they ar enot even selling 50%, since they don't need that much to cover their bills

Are you sure about this?
If you buy some hardware today, you spend money and that hardware is obsolete in less than one year.
Then there's electricity.
I'm not so sure they are earning so much.

yeah i'm sure they are earning like 4 times what they are consuming, so at best 25% goes in the bill, and that only with the recent diff increase, 1 month ago was six times, and before that was even higher 8 times or more

Strange, because ANY calculator I used showed me that after having spent money for hardware and electricity, after the first 3-4 months I pay back the costs, and what remains from that moment on is not much really, and after 6-7 months you better turn off your old hardware because difficulty has grown so much that it becomes counter-economic.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:38:58 PM
Last edit: February 20, 2016, 07:44:19 PM by Amph

i can argue they ar enot even selling 50%, since they don't need that much to cover their bills

Are you sure about this?
If you buy some hardware today, you spend money and that hardware is obsolete in less than one year.

yeah i'm sure they are earning like 4 times what they are consuming, so at best 25% goes in the bill, and that only with the recent diff increase, 1 month ago was six times, and before that was even higher 8 times or more

Strange, because ANY calculator I used showed me that after having spent money for hardware and electricity, after the first 3-4 months I pay back the costs, and what remains from that moment on is not much really, and after 6-7 months you better turn off your old hardware because difficulty has grown so much that it becomes counter-economic.

many of them already roi'ed on their hw since they have mining on the s7 from many months already

so it's all profit for them minus consumption, you can do the math easily, at 0.05 cent they are consuming $45 a month and earn almost 200 a month from a single s7, this is x4+ higher

with a 4:1 ratio, they certainly don't need to dump 50% of their coins unless they want to for other reason like manipulating the market to buy more coins...
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:42:50 PM

To get an idea what block having is I recommend to read this Bitcoin wiki thread https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Controlled_supply

What is Block Halving?
//I'm still a newbie at mining btc, and sorry if this question kinda oot
GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:15:43 PM

Are you sure about this?

many of them already roi'ed on their hw since they have mining on the s7 from many months already

so it's all profit for them minus consumption, you can do the math easily, at 0.05 cent they are consuming $45 a month and earn almost 200 a month from a single s7, this is x4+ higher

with a 4:1 ratior, they certainly don't need to dump 50% of their coins unless they want to for other reason like manipulating the market to buy more coins...

You are essentially saying that online calculators are wrong, right?

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:45:21 PM

Are you sure about this?

with a 4:1 ratior, they certainly don't need to dump 50% of their coins unless they want to for other reason like manipulating the market to buy more coins...

You are essentially saying that online calculators are wrong, right?

from where you get that from my post?  i've used an online calculator, and any calculator right now is telling me that 1 s7 = $200 per month, and it was higher before much higher i know there is the diff but you need to begin from when the s7 was launched, with double the earning
GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:24:12 PM

from where you get that from my post?  i've used an online calculator, and any calculator right now is telling me that 1 s7 = $200 per month, and it was higher before much higher i know there is the diff but you need to begin from when the s7 was launched, with double the earning

That 200$ per month is... for how many months?
For what I see, it's only for the first few months.
You have your ROI, but then, difficulty (usually) increases and increases, and after very few months your income becomes nearly nothing.
You can't really say "200$ per month" in Bitcoin mining, because that changes FAST because of difficulty adjustments.

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:33:43 PM

With all this extra hashing grunt arriving might be we even get halved in June? The date is slowly creeping closer.
GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:46:55 PM

With all this extra hashing grunt arriving might be we even get halved in June? The date is slowly creeping closer.

It seems some people can't really catch how it works.
The difficulty adjustment is a mechanism to KEEP BITCOIN MINING STABLE ALONG TIME.

This means that even if tomorrow you throw in 5 billion trillion gazillion petahash computational power in the network, the next difficulty adjustment will annihilate your effort to mine soooooo fast by increasing the due amount.

Any expert correct me if I am wrong please.

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:50:16 PM

The difficulty adjustment is a mechanism to KEEP BITCOIN MINING STABLE IN TIME.

That's the principle but it's not working out like that. The halving date has moved up compared to what the sites predicted a few months ago. Look at the dates at the start of this thread. It was 20 days later than it is now.
GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 08:53:53 PM

That's the principle but it's not working out like that. The halving date has moved up compared to what the sites predicted a few months ago.

I guess there are limits to the efficiency of the mechanism.
It's not true what I have written in my previous post: if you would throw in the network an incredibly huge amount of computing power tomorrow, you could actually mine all the BTC remaining to be mined in the next two weeks.
This means that if the computing power that is being put in the network increases much, the halving date will actually draw closer by some measure.
But at the same time, you can't put so much computational power to close it THAT much, because every two weeks the adjustment of difficulty will cut your legs making things fair again.

Laosai

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:01:39 PM

That's the principle but it's not working out like that. The halving date has moved up compared to what the sites predicted a few months ago. Look at the dates at the start of this thread. It was 20 days later than it is now.

How is it not exactly that? Difficulty is made to keep btc stable no?

European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:06:49 PM

Yep, but as the guy above pointed out difficulty only adjusts every couple weeks. Some serious increases in hardware have been introduced recently so they outpace the adjustment for a little while.
GODLIKE

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:25:56 PM

Yep, but as the guy above pointed out difficulty only adjusts every couple weeks. Some serious increases in hardware have been introduced recently so they outpace the adjustment for a little while.

Can you please show me how you make so much money on this calculator?
The parameters.

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 09:35:02 PM

Block halving ends  i think july. You can check this countdown to know when block halving ends.
Here's the link
http://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/
I hope it helps.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
btcltccoins

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 02:29:40 AM

Along with havling, Bitcoin Roundtable Consensus has been made. which can result in increase in the botcoin price. yhe major point of agreement includes   SegWit is expected to be released in April 2016,  The code for the hard-fork will therefore be available by July 2016 and  If there is strong community support, the hard-fork activation will likely happen around July 2017.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 08:23:19 AM

That 200$ per month is... for how many months?
For what I see, it's only for the first few months.
You have your ROI, but then, difficulty (usually) increases and increases, and after very few months your income becomes nearly nothing.
You can't really say "200$ per month" in Bitcoin mining, because that changes FAST because of difficulty adjustments.

yeah but you need to think in the whole picture, what i means is that at the beginnign it was not 200 per month, but 400, so it does not matter if in 3 months it will be 100, because the average earning for a single s7, per month, was 200 since its launch
Mugtaiya

Activity: 171
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:04:09 AM

Block halving ends  i think july. You can check this countdown to know when block halving ends.
Here's the link
http://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/
I hope it helps.

According to the website, the reward will halve on 5 August. Does it take into account the hash rate increase?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: