Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you say?
Yes - 148 (74%)
No - 52 (26%)
Total Voters: 200

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Giga be tagged as a scammer?  (Read 17426 times)
rdponticelli

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 12:21:00 AM

If you feel scammed by giga, now you can state it here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=19617

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 02:12:24 AM

What is this about fiat currency being involved?

that is the thing. no fiat was ever involved from a buyer to giga. heck, he even probably paid for the gear with bitcoins.

if you give me a rock and next week I give you two rocks.. do you really need a lawyer involved? that is my point. when
just messing around with bitcoins it is meaningless when it comes to the LAW. Now if you convert bitcoins to a fiat currency that
is a diff story but that has nothing to do with giga.

he brought in this whole lawyer thing either as a way to screw people or he got irrationally scared. pick your poison.
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 22, 2013, 09:06:31 AM

that is the thing. no fiat was ever involved from a buyer to giga. heck, he even probably paid for the gear with bitcoins.

if you give me a rock and next week I give you two rocks.. do you really need a lawyer involved? that is my point. when
just messing around with bitcoins it is meaningless when it comes to the LAW. Now if you convert bitcoins to a fiat currency that

he brought in this whole lawyer thing either as a way to screw people or he got irrationally scared. pick your poison.

Erhm, law applies to any contract/transactions, whether it is in fiat, Bitcoins, barter tokens or any commodity. I wouldn't say it's meaningless when it comes to the law.
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:42:57 AM

Erhm, law applies to any contract/transactions, whether it is in fiat, Bitcoins, barter tokens or any commodity. I wouldn't say it's meaningless when it comes to the law.

So when he changes the contract at his own discretion would you not agree that he should refund those who want out and disagree with the new pie in the sky made up on the spot contract?

Ugh. This just keeps going around in circles. The dork needs to give ppl their money back and deal with the fall out himself.
The LAW will not come for him with his two bit operation and refunding a few dozen ppl.
Namworld

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:57:58 AM

So when he changes the contract at his own discretion would you not agree that he should refund those who want out and disagree with the new pie in the sky made up on the spot contract?

Ugh. This just keeps going around in circles. The dork needs to give ppl their money back and deal with the fall out himself.
The LAW will not come for him with his two bit operation and refunding a few dozen ppl.

When was contract ever changed?
fcmatt
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 04:03:26 AM

When was contract ever changed?

when he made demands of others that were not in place from the beginning in order for them to get paid.
basically holding their btc hostage until they did x, y, and z.
Namworld

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:16:53 AM

when he made demands of others that were not in place from the beginning in order for them to get paid.
basically holding their btc hostage until they did x, y, and z.

I don't quite see how it can be claimed it's a change of contract. Demanding documents and identification during a claim process would fall outside the scope of the contract itself. It's not pertaining to the execution of the contract itself, but the identification of the recipient. He's currently generating and holding balances for every contract recipient, waiting for owners to claim said amount. One does not blindly delivers and Gigavps decided not to trust data provided by Nefario. I don't really agree with the decision and find the affidavit excessive, but not trusting Nefario is reasonable.
conspirosphere.tk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 10:54:23 AM

not trusting Nefario is reasonable.

except that he trusted him for a long time to raise lots of coins. Then when it's time to return them to the senders he did not trust him any more. oops

Then every other legit issuers trusted Nefario's data and followed up, with little or no incidents. double oops.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 03:19:28 PM

except that he trusted him for a long time to raise lots of coins. Then when it's time to return them to the senders he did not trust him any more. oops

Then every other legit issuers trusted Nefario's data and followed up, with little or no incidents. double oops.

You still don't know exactly how much BTC Nefario has stolen through submitting his own/controlled addresses as ownership of various shares, but I can tell you it's not 0.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:47:12 PM

Whats Nefario doing now?
He is in any job?
Namworld

View Profile
June 23, 2013, 07:59:57 PM

Whats Nefario doing now?
He is in any job?

I'm not sure anyone knows where or what he is doing currently.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:39:51 PM

You still don't know exactly how much BTC Nefario has stolen through submitting his own/controlled addresses as ownership of various shares, but I can tell you it's not 0.

Really? Do you have any proof or are you juts pulling stuff out of your ass again?
There has been exactly how many "I did not get my shares" incidents with GLBSE (excluding ones where issuer vanished)?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 06:42:57 PM

and shit Giga pulled.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
handytxg

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 07:42:30 AM

He asked mo to go to public notary even I only have 2 shares....this is nonsense.
Well it's only 2 share but stealing is stealing.
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:44:30 PM

Yes, he should be tagged as a scammer without any doubt.
Not only for his fraudulent behavior with Giga-Teramining, but also with his participation in pirate's scheme.

Anyway, seem the odds are against him :
http://bitbet.us/bet/486/james-gibson-aka-gigavps-to-be-named-as

Besides this, anybody interested in starting a class-action suit ?

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2013, 08:59:16 PM

Not only for his fraudulent behavior with Giga-Teramining, but also with his participation in pirate's scheme.

That is just silly.

Wouldn't it be much easier and cheaper to just file your claim with Giga and get paid rather than hire a lawyer and sue him?  Also, if your main complaint is that you now have to provide documents to Giga just wait until you find out the number of documents you will need to provide in order to sue him.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
gusti
Legendary

Activity: 1099

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:05:28 PM

That is just silly.

Wouldn't it be much easier and cheaper to just file your claim with Giga and get paid rather than hire a lawyer and sue him?  Also, if your main complaint is that you now have to provide documents to Giga just wait until you find out the number of documents you will need to provide in order to sue him.

Sure, thanks, maybe you will also be indicted for running a pirate's PT.
Class action anybody ?

If you don't own the private keys, you don't own the coins.
Atruk

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:25:40 PM

That is just silly.

Sure, thanks, maybe you will also be indicted for running a pirate's PT.
Class action anybody ?

Or as I suggested to people looking to injure BFL everyone just does their own small claims cases and pursues double or triple damages. Class actions exist to protect the defendant.

Even if you need a lawyer to help with the small claims process a good drive thru lawyer can be had for $150-$250 for something simple like making sure the paperwork you file doesn't suck.

conspirosphere.tk (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 09:26:43 PM

Class action anybody ?

I'm from the EU so I suppose I can't, but I would be happy to donate a half of my Giga shares (30+) to whoever will recover them, including cumulated dividends in case of their recovery.
jamesg
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1358

AKA: gigavps

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:16:51 PM

I'm from the EU so I suppose I can't, but I would be happy to donate a half of my Giga shares (30+) to whoever will recover them, including cumulated dividends in case of their recovery.

Please claim and you will be paid. 86% of all outstanding contracts have been claimed and paid.

What are you waiting for exactly?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: