Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:46:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't believe i was able to register this bitcoin domain  (Read 2793 times)
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:35:16 AM

What you pay for is what you get. It's free for a reason. I bet most people don't even realize .website is even an extension...

You are right mate, I had no clue whatsoever. I guess you learn a new thing every day! Smiley
Its a matter of time before people get used to such tlds.I think Op can use it to his advantage by creating some good website around it.If he has good seo knowledge,he can get good traffic as well like creating some sub domains with good keywords for different pages for example http://faucet.bitcoins.website and provide a list of bitcoin faucets on that page etc

Great idea. A list of faucets would go great with this domain. Even a faucet would work great with this domain. I have seen some faucets with domains that were much worse than this and nevertheless they had great traffic.

This domain can be used quite well, all you need is an idea and some knowledge to get it done!
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 01:31:20 PM

By "free", do you mean as in, no one had claimed it, or "free" as in... money free?

Either way, lucky you. Good job. Hope you make good use of that good domain, don't make it inactive, nor a ponzi Cheesy

It could have been free as in no money as well. Namecheap was doing a promo where if you buy their professional hosting services you get a free .website domain.

funkydog (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:02:25 PM

Lucky. Are you willing to sell it? For how much? :3

If not, what do you plan to do with the domain? Sit on it? Or transform it into what every site has the Pentagon to be? Wink

I'm looking for a good .com domain. Any ideas?

I'm going to develop it... i'm thinking a blog with guest posters for the main domain and some subdomains with bitcoin related sitelists.
junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:06:23 PM

all that domains market is boubble as well. Now with more excisions noone will pay so much for name
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 02:08:16 PM

all that domains market is boubble as well. Now with more excisions noone will pay so much for name

I disagree.

the .com's and .net's are just like bitcoin now, while all other tlds are worthless altcoin. means, the gold domains should be more worth over time

Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:10:11 PM

I registered "bitcoins.website" as in http://www.bitcoins.website

Can't believe it was still free
Well, the domain will be better if it doesn't has letter "s" after the "bitcoin".
But what makes me interested more is, how do you get the domain for free?

I didn't get it for free... It was free to register, i paid $9.
Oh... so do you mean that the domain is still "available" for someone to buy it?

Not anymore since i bought it

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. You surprised that no one bought the domain , and then you buy it. Right?

faucet used to be profitable
JeanMcCoy

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:11:28 PM

This is a nice I wish I had a domain like this so that I can sell it.

But good job finding it.
funkydog (OP)

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 02:13:05 PM

Well, the domain will be better if it doesn't has letter "s" after the "bitcoin".
But what makes me interested more is, how do you get the domain for free?

I didn't get it for free... It was free to register, i paid $9.
Oh... so do you mean that the domain is still "available" for someone to buy it?

Not anymore since i bought it

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. You surprised that no one bought the domain , and then you buy it. Right?

Exactly ;-)
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 09:56:10 PM

This is a nice I wish I had a domain like this so that I can sell it.

But good job finding it.
Its not easy to sell just any domain.Only domains that get organic traffic are sold for high price.Earlier Google PageRank was also one of reasons for getting good price but now that too has become irrelevant.The best idea these days is to create a website with some good content and do some seo on it.A related good domain name is also a part of SEO

BirtRenaldsFan

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:39:29 AM

It's a simplistic domain so people imagined it was taken, so nobody ever used it.

Simple as that. Congratulations to you either way.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:40:01 PM

yeah,not bad,but if i were you, i'm not gonna pick that domain,its too long to remember,and also too much chracter,i just suggest bitcoins.web or bitcoins.gov Grin

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:27:36 PM

I disagree.

the .com's and .net's are just like bitcoin now, while all other tlds are worthless altcoin. means, the gold domains should be more worth over time
Not alk .com or .net are precious.Only domains with keyword,upto 4 characters,or upto 6 numbers are considered good and can get good price in domain market

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:51:19 PM

Those kind of domains don't really have any value because of their extension and also they are not CEO friendly like .com , .co , .NET , .ORG etc. ..

Lately there are some more rare domains that are expensive as hell, for example the .io domains are really expensive for some reason, and they are trending. The bitco.in was a good idea too, other than that, all the good ones are all already taken. Roger Ver paid tons to spread his propaganda on Bitcoin.com lol.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 04:14:12 PM

I've just sold a .com for $2,000. I offered it to the guy for 5 bitcoins, and that was before the recent price increase. He decided to stick with dollars though. I must admit that I prefer .com extensions - JetCash.com is mine for example, and I plan to use that to promote crypto currencies.

You should be able to do something with "bitcoin website" to get some SEO, so you should be able to earn a profit on reg fee. ( although $30 seems a bit expensive if that is the cheapest fee).

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Struble

Activity: 132

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 04:35:20 PM

Don't let the naysayers get you down - it's a good domain name!

It may not rank as fast as a .com, but it's a searchable name that you can link to.  Do good SEO on the page and you'll do fine.

Indeed its a good domain to got, its also pretty good to remember you can just first make it popular and than sell it for a lot of bitcoins.
You also wait till its maybe needed for someone, there will be someone will need it in the future for sure.

AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 09:03:06 PM

Those kind of domains don't really have any value because of their extension and also they are not CEO friendly like .com , .co , .NET , .ORG etc. ..

I never trust any website with an unusual extension, I only trust websites with the well known .com , .co , .NET, etc extensions. If a domain is too long I view it as suspicious too. Most people probably don't trust unusual domains so you can buy them cheaper, but get less page views if you use them.

Why? That's just absurd and ignorant.

There is absolutely nothing technical about the new gTLDs that make them less secure than the older TLDs.

It's like the advice to only do business with people who give a firm handshake - when most con artists give very firm hand shakes.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
AliceWonderMiscreations

Activity: 182
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 09:05:06 PM

Lately there are some more rare domains that are expensive as hell, for example the .io domains are really expensive for some reason, and they are trending.

I'm getting out of .io this year.

They have some restrictions I do not like, such as no adult content and they do not allow privacy guard for domain whois data.

It's not worth paying more for TLDs that are more restrictive in what I'm allowed to do with them.

I hereby reserve the right to sometimes be wrong
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:30:43 PM

Is this some kind of advertising? That not really such a great website...

Nomad88
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1268

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 10:34:22 PM

It is of course not as valuable as .com or .net but you never know. If bitcoin gets as popular as we all hope, you might make some money. Just keep it safe mate  Wink

DrLove2048

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 11:26:24 PM

anything that doesn't end with .com (aside from .gov .edu, ect) is considered dangerous by the normal user

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: