Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 05:38:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Bank???  (Read 45582 times)
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:41:37 AM

The banking system will have to change to suit bitcoin
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:51:08 AM

LOL

bitcoin and bank are not words that go along in the same sentence.

The decentralization is it's main feature, wouldn't make any sense a bank that would get power and jeopardize the coin market freedom.

Not everyone is going to be to be their own bank, believe it or not responsibility at such a level brings stress in a lot of people that would rather put their own money into someone's else hand (and by this I mean basically trust) to manage it for them because they just don't like the idea of having to worry about it. I see a big business in this area. At the end of the day it's all about possibilities, both the pro-bitcoin bank and self managed users have a place to exist.
gurre

Activity: 157
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 02:51:50 AM

bitcoin have to change to suit in THE banking.
FerrariF50

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:20:54 AM

Change bitcoin? Why ? Bitcoin is THE change
gurre

Activity: 157
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:29:39 AM

actually bitcoin is not the change if you don`t work for it. At the moment bitcoin is easy to take over to banking and they can make their rules for that. Early adopters now this and people who are working with bitcoin developments.

There are not so many who work with big projects only few person and they make the rules how to develop bitcoin.

just tell me if I`m wrong?

oblomov

Activity: 158

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:35:33 AM

LOL

The decentralization is it's main feature, wouldn't make any sense a bank that would get power and jeopardize the coin market freedom.

Having private banks is not a contradiction to decentralization.

BTC holders would not have to use a bank, and would not be subject to the whim of a central (government) bank.

Most people with assets are too busy to worry about the minutiae of earning interest or trading revenue from their assets.

They are happy to get a somewhat lower return for someone else to do the work.
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 03:56:35 AM

LOL

they do if its crypto and bank  Smiley

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Backside walkaround

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:33:32 AM

Bank again? Just like the regular currencies need a bank? If we need bank than why we create Bitcoin?
Yes, but you can't deny that banks offer good services like loans and interest-bearing accounts.  Or maybe you could argue that, but you'd be stupid to do so.  Having a service like a bank offer interest and such on some sort of bitcoin account would not be a bad thing.

If the original Backside walkaround can prove to me they are the old owner of this account, I can update the email address to the email address of their choosing.
Backside walkaround has lost access to their account as they used someone else's email address to sign up, and the owner of the email address got tired of random email notifications from this site after a few months and reset the password.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 05:50:53 AM

banks do not have to change the system, the system in the banks just need additional facilities, no need to turn, bitcoin and banks can be used together
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:53:08 AM

actually bitcoin is not the change if you don`t work for it. At the moment bitcoin is easy to take over to banking and they can make their rules for that. Early adopters now this and people who are working with bitcoin developments.

There are not so many who work with big projects only few person and they make the rules how to develop bitcoin.

just tell me if I`m wrong?

no they do not make any rules, if you're talking about dev that change thing in the code, it's all based on consensus, miner merchants view the code, and if they like it or ar ein agreement they simply run it and it

this is how it work with bitcoin, there is no king here, no central autorithy, but this is also the reason why there are problem resolving the block size issue...
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 08:58:56 AM

Bank again? Just like the regular currencies need a bank? If we need bank than why we create Bitcoin?
Yes, but you can't deny that banks offer good services like loans and interest-bearing accounts.  Or maybe you could argue that, but you'd be stupid to do so.  Having a service like a bank offer interest and such on some sort of bitcoin account would not be a bad thing.

Bitcoin offers interest-bearing assets too, depending on how long will you hold your assets. Roll Eyes The problem with banks is that they have more controls over your assets than you yourself, which is not a great thing especially for those who want liberty on their private properties.

secone

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 09:08:05 AM

IS there any Bitcoin Bank that really works like bank that provide interest for customer that available in this world?

i read inside bitcoins article about nextbank project

NextBank is looking to be the first bank of its kind: a global bank that provides its services in over 50 languages, accepts over 135 different payment methods from Bitcoin to platinum, and is free from the influences of a financial institution.

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/nextbank-project-bitcoin-friendly-bank-seeking-funding/35451

Roll Eyes
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:36:51 PM

IS there any Bitcoin Bank that really works like bank that provide interest for customer that available in this world?

NextBank is looking to be the first bank of its kind: a global bank that provides its services in over 50 languages, accepts over 135 different payment methods from Bitcoin to platinum, and is free from the influences of a financial institution.

http://insidebitcoins.com/news/nextbank-project-bitcoin-friendly-bank-seeking-funding/35451

Roll Eyes
Great news ! Sounds very promising venture to me.
NextBank will also be free of any ties
to existing financial institutions, free of
political red tape, or the influences of
banks. This also allows individual peers
to become shareholders simply by
purchasing shares on their website. In
total, there will be 250,000 shares
issued. Each share is $100 each, with
each share entitling the shareholder to
1/250,000 of the profits made by
NextBank.

I would like to invest in it.Any idea where and how can I buy their shares?

pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:42:13 PM

Cryptsy is the nearest thing I can think of similar to what you're looking for, take a look:

https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/fees

CoinsRoyal

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 01:53:46 PM

I don't think these exists. Since bitcoin is something different then how the bank works.

It would be an awful thought if any bank would deal in bitcoin

Unless you meant exchanges, that's something else, shouldn't be that hard to find one.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:01:41 PM
Last edit: December 07, 2015, 06:29:57 PM by pedrog

There's also BTCJam.com, it seems risky, if people default I don't think there's anything you can do.

And also https://loanbase.com/

Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 02:09:25 PM

I don't see necessary to have banks, to save your bitcoins, you have your wallet or you can use secured wallets from xapo or coinbase. If you want a loan, there are companies that do loans. Bitcoin is a change, and sometimes we want to see the same ecosystem with bitcoins than on fiat, but isn't necessary.
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 06:16:48 PM

I have not heard or come across a bank that operates fully on bitcoin currency. I however think that the way this digital currency is gaining popularity, people and other investors will come together to pull the resources and start banking coins just the way other financial organizations do. I guess it will be a good move and it will also increase the acceptance rate of the bitcoin in several countries where it still a story never to be talked about.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:23:49 PM

Roll Eyes
Great news ! Sounds very promising venture to me.
NextBank will also be free of any ties
to existing financial institutions, free of
political red tape, or the influences of
banks. This also allows individual peers
to become shareholders simply by
purchasing shares on their website. In
total, there will be 250,000 shares
issued. Each share is $100 each, with
each share entitling the shareholder to
1/250,000 of the profits made by
NextBank.

I would like to invest in it.Any idea where and how can I buy their shares?

Well sounds a promising project as long as there is a garantee that the bitcoins and others crypto coins are protected sure this will be a huge sucess with all crypto playing together against the current model of fiat,and well i believe even with a bigger fee as most banks and the huge services offered by them is possible to get a better interest to apply the crypto to savings.
ReigningPigs

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 09:37:27 PM

To answer your question a Bitcoin bank where people deposit their money would ruin the entire point of Bitcoin. The point of Bitcoin is to be decentralized, and this means no third party should have control over your coins. Services like blockchain are good because Blockchain itself cannot access your wallet, and therefore I would not say blockchain behaves like a bank.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: