Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:34:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Bank???  (Read 45582 times)
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:21:58 AM

Bank again? Just like the regular currencies need a bank? If we need bank than why we create Bitcoin?
Yup right. Why we need bank. Its a digital money We no need to manage any other organization. We can manage our wallet and Its better than bank You can see the transparent more than bank.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:25:38 AM

I don't think there is a legit one out there. Most of them are just low paying ponzis. You're better off loaning it on btcjam or on this forum.
faridkifly

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:38:44 AM

i dont think bitcoin bank is exist.
but there will probably be bitcoin bank in the future. in other words, your wallet is your bank  Tongue
kyrios_

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:25:00 PM

Bank again? Just like the regular currencies need a bank? If we need bank than why we create Bitcoin?
Yup right. Why we need bank. Its a digital money We no need to manage any other organization. We can manage our wallet and Its better than bank You can see the transparent more than bank.

Maybe not a traditional bank per se. But a place where you can store bitcoins like a wallet but they pay interest? I mean if coinbase started using bitcoins we store in it to invest and pay interest, would that be considered a bank?
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 11:17:17 AM

What do banks (and financial services firms) do, anyway ?

- store your money in a safe place
- pay you interest on your deposit
- allow you to make a transfer to somebody else
- loan you money
- let you invest in other businesses

with crypto-currencies, you can do all these things without the bank, using an exchange, a wallet service, a p2p lending platform or a crow-funding platform.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
extracoinrome

Activity: 150

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:14:01 PM

Bitcoins means SELF OWN BANK. don't blame the guyfor asking question
 english language has it own way of creating confusion.

My dear the term :

Decentralized currency : means without government/financial regulation)s) (SELF Bank) i.e bitcoins,litecoins...ecc while.

Centralized currency : mean's currency with financial/govt regulation or control i.e euro,dollar and other form of currency.

Thanks

bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 12:19:29 PM

The sense of BTC is to be decentraliced and to not need a bank.
So its kinda contradictory

avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:21:46 PM

i dont think bitcoin bank is exist.
but there will probably be bitcoin bank in the future. in other words, your wallet is your bank  Tongue
Lol. We guys know Wallet is work like a bank account. and Already Bitcoin Debit card in European countries in middle east. I think We can expect bank also from coinbase or blockchain. then as people thought Bitcoin will reach to all the common people. Price will also increase to huge amount.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 05:11:18 PM

This is what I saw today on login page of Privatbank, Ukraine's biggest bank.

xmax

Activity: 131

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:59:56 PM

I agree that a bitcoin bank defeats the purpose of Bitcoin.  There needs to be some general locations where people can exchange other forms of currency into Bitcoin, but there is no need for the traditional banking locations.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:27:45 PM

The thing is related to generate interest the same way as fiat banks does nowadays,bitcoin todays is the best way to protect and give our money the real value that banks keep for them.
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:31:24 PM

I don't think there is. There really should be though, maybe a bank that works with an exchange, so it converts all your incoming funds into bitcoin. Would be much more profitable. Way better "interest rates".

Does anyone know if a company has started trying to work on one of these projects? I'd love to convert my savings into bitcoin.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:38:50 PM

I think such Bitcoin bank would be Xapo. You can safely store BTC on your Xapo wallet with bank level security. They store BTC on cold storage plus your Bitcoins are insured, so in case something happens you could claim back your BTC.  Grin

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:07:01 PM

Recent DB research has shown that Bitcoin isn't as decentralised as people assume.

Standard Bitcoin user doesn't care about decentralisation at the end of the day.

Point is, bitcoin allows you to not require a bank, the fact that traditional banks can offer you interest is only due to the inherent risk that you MAY forfeit your funds in the event that the bank collapses. Sure, governments step in to save some of your money, but the idea is that they take your money and lend it out to make more money, and pay you a small portion.

Now, if you were just interested in growing your BTC, and didn't care about the price at all, then I would see some merit in depositing into somewhere like Haobtc where you could make up to 10% interest. However, the extra bitcoins you make probably couldn't cover the fact that you could make more just by buying and selling bitcoin at the right times.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:53:31 PM

Maybe people doesn't really look for a bitcoin bank for just itself and for the banking services but only looking for a safe way to grow their savings like in real life which is a bank that accepts deposits and gives a little interest on the deposited amount.
Maybe people who have bitcoin in their wallet just think that their bitcoins should grow like real life fiat savings.
But real life money should grow because of inflation and bitcoin has no inflation, so practically there is no need for a bitcoin bank for this purpose, it's only that people used to put their savings in banks in real lifecand they're trying to find this in the bitcoin ecosystem too.
Gasturcas

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 09:13:08 AM

I think such Bitcoin bank would be Xapo. You can safely store BTC on your Xapo wallet with bank level security. They store BTC on cold storage plus your Bitcoins are insured, so in case something happens you could claim back your BTC.  Grin

What is the cost of saving your coins in Xapo? What is the revenue for Xapo and other online wallets?

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 06:24:28 PM

This is what I saw today on login page of Privatbank, Ukraine's biggest bank.

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/12/06/ukraines-privatbank-includes-bitcoin-support-for-e-commerce-merchants/

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 06:34:24 PM

Those guys also have a banking license and run some ATMs

https://www.bitcoinsuisse.ch/en/buy-sell-bitcoin/

You like Bitcoin ?    donate to 1goodNKPaV2ZZv4x4JejtMZppqzjjLWSe

Not - then you can get rid of here: 1badzwnRt6eUFsg1NircdKGfWZHxeps6M

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:49:31 PM

I was thinking the same way, in fact I thought that instead of having a Bitcoin bank in the future, there could be a place full of Bitcoin nodes (similar like a data center) which could server its purpose to maintain the blockchain. This would probably be called a Bitcoin Center instead.  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Gasturcas

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 04:21:17 PM

I was thinking the same way, in fact I thought that instead of having a Bitcoin bank in the future, there could be a place full of Bitcoin nodes (similar like a data center) which could server its purpose to maintain the blockchain. This would probably be called a Bitcoin Center instead.  Grin

We need "banks" to do business in bitcoin. We can save money with the bank, and we can also borrow money if we need.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: