Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:01:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Bank???  (Read 45582 times)
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:29:21 PM

The concept of decentralization will not exist if there will be banks for storage of bitcoins.
So its good not to have any bitcoin banks
Yes, if banks start to control bitcoin by any means, then bitcoin will no more decentralized currency. First we need to think what is the advantage we are going to get if banks start controlling bitcoins.

If most people in the world owns the bitcoin, the banks cannot control it. The banks can create nodes and contribute to the network.
I think if bitcoins banks are opened and people are given interest for what they deposit, really this will e very fancy and brilliant. I will try to contribute any way I can for getting this real. Though if we see technical procedure then its nearly impossible.
stellgod

Activity: 659
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 08:16:48 PM

Its tough to image banks where we can deposit btc but yes would love to see them.
plost24

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 08:26:53 PM

The concept of decentralization will not exist if there will be banks for storage of bitcoins.
So its good not to have any bitcoin banks
Yes, if banks start to control bitcoin by any means, then bitcoin will no more decentralized currency. First we need to think what is the advantage we are going to get if banks start controlling bitcoins.

If most people in the world owns the bitcoin, the banks cannot control it. The banks can create nodes and contribute to the network.
I think if bitcoins banks are opened and people are given interest for what they deposit, really this will e very fancy and brilliant. I will try to contribute any way I can for getting this real. Though if we see technical procedure then its nearly impossible.
for this periode of time bitcoin band is not a good think to do because bank offre interst in fund that can invest in loan to someone else but i think no one will loan bitcoin from bank because the fee will be really high .

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
justdimin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 07:07:49 AM

Bitcoin is created to avoid banks in the first place. Owning your private key IS owning your own bank. In case of desktop wallets, owning the seed or wallet.dat is the same. A bank is and always will be bad to bitcoin as they ask all kind of things about you and what you do with your money. While bitcoin itself is pseudo anonymous it can be made anonymous if the user knows what to do. So yeah Bitcoin is much better and don't need any bank to operate it or whatever.
Yes, bitcoin definitely does not need any bank technically for it's features. We can have all the advantages of bitcoin without any regulating bank on bitcoin system.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:19:50 AM

Bitcoin is created to avoid banks in the first place. Owning your private key IS owning your own bank. In case of desktop wallets, owning the seed or wallet.dat is the same. A bank is and always will be bad to bitcoin as they ask all kind of things about you and what you do with your money. While bitcoin itself is pseudo anonymous it can be made anonymous if the user knows what to do. So yeah Bitcoin is much better and don't need any bank to operate it or whatever.
Yes, bitcoin definitely does not need any bank technically for it's features. We can have all the advantages of bitcoin without any regulating bank on bitcoin system.
You must be right. May be bank acting as an exchange to bitcoins if they start accepting bitcoin for their deposit or withdrawal options. Already we are having many different and secure ways to buy or sell bitcoins. So there is no need of exchange in the name of bank.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:46:41 AM

Not a real bank but there are couple of services and exchanges which provide interest. Up to 17% a year AFAIK.

I would love to know a place where we can get a yearly roi. Can you please give me a list if these places are legit so I can show other family members as well. Then they might consider buying some bitcoin and holding it long term if there was some roi attached.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
bitmarket.net

Activity: 323

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2016, 11:04:12 AM

Banks are biggest evil of our times, and we asking for it?
I believe those who proposed this idea don't have a clue what is bitcoin about.

It is interesting to consider what people mean when they say they would like to see Bitcoin bank.

It could be that they want the security and / or the ability to earn the interest on their bitcoins - the services that the banks usually provide.
The thing is that in the crypto-currency world, you can get both of these services elsewhere.

BitMarket.net- Europe's most advanced cryptocurrency exchange
ElpadroBitcoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 01:54:54 PM

a bitcoin bank would change everything really think about all the possibility
I think more banks will use as a wallet like xapo or other third parties. where banks can control your bitcoin.
I think it was not a good idea. because it is safer to save on the wallet than a third party (bank)
It is good to have a Bitcoin bank, because so Bitcoin will be more acceptable and it will be nice if you can save your coins their and so there will be also more people that will see that there is a Bitcoin bank.
If there is a Bitcoin bank than more people will also are going to use it so it will be also more popular and that is good.
Paracelsus

Activity: 347

Activity: 2017

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 03:32:29 PM

Bank is wrong idea, no one can store your coins better than you. And if you give control over your coins they are not yours if something happens something bad, war or civil unrest..Who knows strange times are coming, don't believe to no one.
Hashminers

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:56:53 PM

Bank is wrong idea, no one can store your coins better than you. And if you give control over your coins they are not yours if something happens something bad, war or civil unrest..Who knows strange times are coming, don't believe to no one.

Well yes the banks are the sole reason why bitcoin even exist. Don't centralize your money but decentralize it. No party should be in control over a huge amount of bitcoins right?
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2016, 10:28:31 PM

Well yes the banks are the sole reason why bitcoin even exist. Don't centralize your money but decentralize it. No party should be in control over a huge amount of bitcoins right?
If the party in question is known and reputable,why not?
Paracelsus

Activity: 347

Activity: 2017

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:25:59 PM

We are talking about online centralized bank?
But we already have POLONIEX why should we needed banks when you can lend your coins on this site?
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:31:33 PM

We are talking about online centralized bank?
But we already have POLONIEX why should we needed banks when you can lend your coins on this site?

Good luck getting a mortgage for your new house Smiley
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:35:14 PM

Xapo is like a bank without interest feature with their cold storages...
andycarrol

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:37:56 PM

Its tough to image banks where we can deposit btc but yes would love to see them.

bitcoin already has its own bank and it was better than bank. so do not expect deposit bitcoin to bank.
bargainbin

Activity: 126

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 04:46:23 PM

bitcoin already has its own bank and it was better than bank. so do not expect deposit bitcoin to bank.

*Had
Had its own banks. They ran away.

Image brought to you by NeoBee Danny, who sends his warmest regards.
Kartikay

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 05:11:17 PM

You can earn bitcoins easily, you don't need a bitcoin bank. Their price fluctuates a lot so even if there is bank and you will take loan from it ,then also there are chances that repaying that loan might be very difficult for you. I don't think loan of bitcoins is a wise idea.
gurre

Activity: 157
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 01:48:07 AM

hmm, ok Smiley  Bitcoin (your wallet) is your bank and you don`t need so called bank, but think if that will be true that people will be chipped with Bitcoin wallet this can make some problems in the future, when the chip provider is a bank, lol Smiley 

Don`t play with illuminati if you can`t play the game Wink
fricircled

Activity: 201

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 09:36:46 AM

hmm, ok Smiley  Bitcoin (your wallet) is your bank and you don`t need so called bank, but think if that will be true that people will be chipped with Bitcoin wallet this can make some problems in the future, when the chip provider is a bank, lol Smiley 

Don`t play with illuminati if you can`t play the game Wink

Bitcoin give me an option not to use conventional banks. But I will use banks to borrow money.
Guy_bitcoin

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2016, 06:32:33 PM

If you wanna to lend money to get interest you can do that here at bitcointalk or try others places,but here best rates and maybe more safe to do deals.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: