Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:11:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Bank???  (Read 45580 times)
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 17, 2017, 11:04:17 PM

People wants to use bitcoin because of its fast payment and decentralized features. Bitcoin being a centralized currency would probably destroy it and no one wants to be controlled by their government's rules and regulations in terms in using your own money.
Bitcoin will continue to grow without needing banks it's fine the way it is although there are some flaws in these digital currency in time it will be solve.

It cannot be modified as Government expected, To say exact view from the Government and political side. Bitcoin is a open ledger, If it is araise in being centralized money then all the transactions would be so transparent.
Therefore, they cannot able to make money by scamming taxes of the laymen. Once when we achieve lawful politicians. They will surely accepts bitcoin as a legal money.
Yes I agree, I think everyone including the Government and politically would wait for developments, if indeed a bitcoin can not be stopped and its influence is already massive, surely the Government immediately approves bitcoin as legitimate money.

Yes, bitcoin is becoming more popular every year. This is very good, as confidence in the crypto currency is growing. This means that soon we will get a strong alternative currency
but still i think bitcoin banks are not good idea. to me i think if a person want to save their bitcoin the online wallelt is even good way of making money.
If we talk about bitcoin banks, then I do not see any difference between real banks and what they offer to do for bitcoin. Of course, probably there will be an opportunity to regulate a large number of legal issues of users, but already control over the finances of the user bitcoin, and this will already badly affect the popularity of the crypto currency.
and that is the reason that i also do not like to use bitcoin. i think the most important thing is that bitcoin is  decentralize currency and it can continue its status if it will not to be use by banks and online continue with online wallet only.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PokerFace3

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:56:38 PM

Bitcoin bank is not a good idea, because that goes directly against principles of bitcoin. Be your own bank, that was first words I saw about bitcoin, don't trust third party to finish what you can do by yourself. Bitcoin bank will exist one day just because some people are not capable to things alone, some people always needs help and that's why there will always be service's that will take money from people for doing simple jobs instead of them.

I agree with you , bitcoin banking is not a good idea, it is just like using the regular bank, if that is so why not just use the bank instead of bitcoin?
We should be bank of our own. Things will not be the same if bitcoin will be bank.  Bitcoin is good without a bank.
The whole idea of using bitcoin is to break for the control of governments and banking systems so storing bitcoin in banks like you said has no purpose instead storing it would come with fees that you have to pay, so why bother when you have online wallets that are free and you can access them anywhere and anytime you want.
Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 06:58:08 PM

People wants to use bitcoin because of its fast payment and decentralized features. Bitcoin being a centralized currency would probably destroy it and no one wants to be controlled by their government's rules and regulations in terms in using your own money.
Bitcoin will continue to grow without needing banks it's fine the way it is although there are some flaws in these digital currency in time it will be solve.

It cannot be modified as Government expected, To say exact view from the Government and political side. Bitcoin is a open ledger, If it is araise in being centralized money then all the transactions would be so transparent.
Therefore, they cannot able to make money by scamming taxes of the laymen. Once when we achieve lawful politicians. They will surely accepts bitcoin as a legal money.
Yes I agree, I think everyone including the Government and politically would wait for developments, if indeed a bitcoin can not be stopped and its influence is already massive, surely the Government immediately approves bitcoin as legitimate money.

Yes, bitcoin is becoming more popular every year. This is very good, as confidence in the crypto currency is growing. This means that soon we will get a strong alternative currency
but still i think bitcoin banks are not good idea. to me i think if a person want to save their bitcoin the online wallelt is even good way of making money.
If we talk about bitcoin banks, then I do not see any difference between real banks and what they offer to do for bitcoin. Of course, probably there will be an opportunity to regulate a large number of legal issues of users, but already control over the finances of the user bitcoin, and this will already badly affect the popularity of the crypto currency.
i think bitcoin banks are not yet so much introduced therefore we still do not know about the bitcoin banks that hw will they world and either there will be any difference between the bitcon banks and the realy banks. i do not think that they will be equal.
wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2017, 09:24:13 PM

Bitcoin bank is not a good idea, because that goes directly against principles of bitcoin. Be your own bank, that was first words I saw about bitcoin, don't trust third party to finish what you can do by yourself. Bitcoin bank will exist one day just because some people are not capable to things alone, some people always needs help and that's why there will always be service's that will take money from people for doing simple jobs instead of them.

I agree with you , bitcoin banking is not a good idea, it is just like using the regular bank, if that is so why not just use the bank instead of bitcoin?
We should be bank of our own. Things will not be the same if bitcoin will be bank.  Bitcoin is good without a bank.
yes that is right to say  i am also not in favour of bitcoin banking, i will like to say that i i want to continue with the online bitcoin wallet as you can use it anywhere and anytime. 
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1333

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:19:44 AM

At the moment, I don’t know of a single bitcoin bank that promotes itself as one, however since bitcoin help us to be our own banks then any service that offers wallets to store your bitcoin are in a way a bank with the difference they are not offering interest rates for having your money stored with them.
bncbnc

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:35:10 AM

IS there any Bitcoin Bank that really works like bank that provide interest for customer that available in this world?

Reason why I like Bitcoin is because anyone remain to be anonymous, if anyone will start a Bank for Bitcoins, a brick and mortar type of Bank then goodbye to being anonymous since everyone who wishes to open an account maybe asked for documents.
i think there is nothing to be hate about bitcoin. i think those people who know about bitcoin cannot ignore the importance of bitcoin, i think still there are  a lot of people who do not know about bitcoin it is our duty to teach them about bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
artows21

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:02:16 AM

A while back there was such a service online, billing itself as a bank.  It accepted deposits and claimed to pay interest from making loans, but the bitcoin all disappeared one day and the admins of the site claimed it had been hacked and the bitcoins stolen.  It's the same old story over and over, so until some trusted entity comes along to provide such a service, I don't think one will ever succeed. 

The only way banks provide low-risk, interest-bearing savings accounts is because they are insured.  I'm not sure that's available in the bitcoin space...  This technology is far from mature and remains "hack-able", so I seriously doubt any insurance company can afford to insure such a service without investing a lot of time and effort into verifying security measures, which would make the cost of such insurance prohibitive.

So I don't this will happen one day.
Jalum

Activity: 774

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:51:53 AM

There isn't any Bitcoin banks that have what you're currently asking about. It would be pretty cool if it did. There is a user in the Economics Bitcointalk board that was thinking about building a Bitcoin bank with interest rates like that though the whole community decided that it'll be pretty tough to make it happen.

Isn't this what altcoins are used for? Bitcoins are growing with the price rise so it should be pretty much the same thing as what you're asking for.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 09:55:21 AM

see conditions like this we all would require a bitcoin bank. because with the bitcoin bank we all can get services like banks in general. home loans would be an easy thing.
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:06:50 AM

IS there any Bitcoin Bank that really works like bank that provide interest for customer that available in this world?
I think there is still no bitcoin wallet that acts and provide services like a bank,but we are looking forward to see one of those in future

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:08:23 AM

see conditions like this we all would require a bitcoin bank. because with the bitcoin bank we all can get services like banks in general. home loans would be an easy thing.

I disagree, if there were bitcoin banks, how long wold it take for them to make things with bitcoin like it's with fiat money? Bitcoin banks are totally not needed in the case of bitocin, everything the banks does, you can do it yourself.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:19:31 AM

I disagree, if there were bitcoin banks, how long wold it take for them to make things with bitcoin like it's with fiat money? Bitcoin banks are totally not needed in the case of bitocin, everything the banks does, you can do it yourself.

Maybe bitcoin banks would be different. I.don't think they would necessary be bad for bitcoin and the users. I also don't want to say that we surely need them but this is the topic to discuss and argue about. Bitcoin banks could offer some new advantages and services so not just abandone this idea at start.

malaj
Mikellev

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:24:51 AM

At the moment, I don’t know of a single bitcoin bank that promotes itself as one, however since bitcoin help us to be our own banks then any service that offers wallets to store your bitcoin are in a way a bank with the difference they are not offering interest rates for having your money stored with them.

Bitcoin bank is not possible. reason is simple it is decentralized one, we all know that price changes very often and maximum times the price goes high in this case the bank has to give the best value to its user which is very difficult to manage. just hold your money in btc wallet which will in turn give you interest much better than bank.
rajasumi3

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:45:50 AM

No i dont think it is even necessary to create bitcoin bank
It will reduce our annomity .
Well we have our own wallet and even if we want bitcoin loan we can have it and we have communirt for it .
ekoice

Activity: 742

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 12:15:20 PM

Bitcoin was created to free the people from banking sector.Why do you need a bitcoin bank providing interest when you already get huge returns from your bitcoins?If you are worried about losing your investment in trading,then just keep your bitcoins as investment.Its enough to yield you profits.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 01:16:36 PM

yes that is right to say  i am also not in favour of bitcoin banking, i will like to say that i i want to continue with the online bitcoin wallet as you can use it anywhere and anytime. 

Exactly, bitcoin wallet is hassle free as long as you have internet connection you can access it unlike making a btc bank and for sure it will broke the anonimity of the users, there will be more requirements to submit on to have it and enrolled in a bank.
Zenithar

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:18:55 PM

Bitcoin was created to free the people from banking sector.Why do you need a bitcoin bank providing interest when you already get huge returns from your bitcoins?If you are worried about losing your investment in trading,then just keep your bitcoins as investment.Its enough to yield you profits.
i personally do not like the idea about bitcoin banks as we are already fed up from the physical banks i think the online wallet is the best system, just need to make the present wallet system more and more reliable and trusted.
Soul Reaper

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 04:54:07 PM

by asking such a question you are actually destroying the beauty of a bitcoin,
i mean how can you think about bitcoin bank,
knowing the fact that it is totally decentralised and does not need any third party like a bank.
You have got a bitcoin wallet and your own bitcoin address to do any transaction.
it is itself like a banking system so there is no use of bank to control bitcoin
infact bitcoins rising is the biggest nightmare to the banks.
chachaa

Activity: 287

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:42:03 PM

i personally do not like the idea about bitcoin banks as we are already fed up from the physical banks i think the online wallet is the best system, just need to make the present wallet system more and more reliable and trusted.

Totally agree with you. What can bitcoin give us? He will not give us anything new. We ourselves manage our bitcoins in our purses. Why do we need an intermediary who will take the commission?
TheAlgorithm

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 06:54:45 PM

Bitcoin banks do exist but they are a monumentally stupid thing to put your money in.  The reason for this is that because Bitcoin is not very established nor is the price stable, there is no bank that you can genuinely trust to continue paying out forever, just like an exchange.  The chance of any given "Bitcoin bank" collapsing partway through your investment with your money still in it is dramatically higher than the interest that you will earn from it as a Bitcoin bank would act like an exchange, just giving the promise that you will get your Bitcoin back (you wouldn't own the Bitcoin anymore).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: