Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 01:53:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL to not match competitors products not shipped  (Read 3840 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:49:27 PM

Stopped frequenting BFL forums when China annexed it. Censorship sucks. You got something to add to your quote in the OP? Now's your chance, cuz that quote means zip, just a bunch of double talking politician speak. What does "we will match competitors products that actually ship" mean? Can you just say something in simple English? You know like BTCFPGA did? Is there some way to misinterpret ANYTHING Tom or Dave posted? No? Your post on the other hand reads like something a divorce lawyer would utter in his sleep. Meaningless.

Apologies Inaba...apparently it was BFL_Josh that was quoted...a tag wearing company rep speaking for his company. I'm sure you can understand the mix up.

bitboyben

Activity: 330

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 10:19:02 PM

~87 GHash SC single? possible, yes, possible...
Every Single comes with a little single! Also possible...

But I guess the point is Dave/ Tom have to deliver on their specs as well.
So much excitement.

Why did I sell at $5! Come back to me my old bitcoin! 1GjeBGS4KrxKAeEVt8d1fTnuKgpKpMmL6S
If you don't like the price of BTC come back in 8 hours.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 10:21:06 PM

From BFL_Josh at the BFL forum

I don't really want to say anything negative about the bASIC at this point... Tom is already apparently in a really bad spot and there is no sense pouring gas on that fire. We haven't decided specifically which way we want to make things even up with competitors products yet, but we have a lot of options and we will match competitors products that actually ship. We will not leave BFL customers behind the curve when it comes to hardware. I'd say there's a good chance we will be shipping before bASIC at this point.

Should BFL's customers take this to mean BFL will reserve any competitive action until competitor products are on the market?

If so, where would this leave BFL customers who have already taken delivery if BFL does ship first and 72GH/s products are on the market shortly thereafter?

IMO, at best, this is a conservative move.  At worst, it's a disingenuous ploy to deny competitive pressure.

Who are you?  Thanks.

-D

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 11:31:07 PM

Stopped frequenting BFL forums when China annexed it. Censorship sucks. You got something to add to your quote in the OP? Now's your chance, cuz that quote means zip, just a bunch of double talking politician speak. What does "we will match competitors products that actually ship" mean? Can you just say something in simple English? You know like BTCFPGA did? Is there some way to misinterpret ANYTHING Tom or Dave posted? No? Your post on the other hand reads like something a divorce lawyer would utter in his sleep. Meaningless.

Apologies Inaba...apparently it was BFL_Josh that was quoted...a tag wearing company rep speaking for his company. I'm sure you can understand the mix up.

Yeah, lets look at the "Plain English" that BTCFPGA is using:

"Ready to ship!"  ... but not really, we actually mean "when our devices are done and we actually have something, we will be ready to ship."
"Shipping the week after Thanksgiving" ... but not really, we actually mean "The first week of December cause we can't read calendars." (OOps, maybe not, we don't know when we are shipping yet!)
"We have a prototype!" ... but you can't see it!
"Our power will be competitive!" ... but we won't tell you what it is!
"Power of two!  Powers of two!" ... MmmmFPHpHMMpHPhp (translation: We just made this shit up to distract from the fact that we have nothing else to offer)
"We are using Molex!  No Barrel!  No BOTH!" ... but we don't know how much power it will consume or if the Molex/Barrel/PCIe will actually be able to handle the current.
"I will have an update today!" ... for definitions of "today" that span a week.
"Make your decision Tuesday!" ... but I won't give you any information to base your decision on TODAY! SUCKA!
My personal favorite:
"72 GH/s! Free upgrade!"  ... But we are magically going to make it use the same amount of power as the 54 GH/s unit!  Of course... makes perfect sense.

Yeah... how is that transparency working out for you, BTW?  Freaking joke is what it is.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
creativex

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 04:49:21 AM

Somebody's cranky. Smiley

I can answer/address nearly every one of those questions/comments and I don't have any affiliation with BTCFPGA aside from being a customer, a customer btw that was undecided in Sept. Guess what tipped the scales? Grin

Yeah it's a freaking joke alright. Your company's shipping date was October. Can YOU read a calender? Your early pre-order customers should've been hashing by now, based on your reassurances that this wouldn't be handled in the inept and unprofessional way in which BFL's FPGA product launch was...yet here you are pointing fingers and blathering in a disturbingly unprofessional way as usual. Oh that's right, you speak for BFL, you just don't represent them ATM.

How's that fifth sixth week of November shipping schedule coming Josh?

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 05:21:59 AM

Wow, you can even lie to yourself and believe it.  You are truly a marvel density... I bet there are naked singularities somewhere in the cosmos jealous of you.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
creativex

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 05:44:45 AM

Yeah...misdirection fail. This thread is about BFL fail, try to focus Josh. You're free to start a thread about anything you like, even your naked cosmos densities. IOW, go play troll.

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 03:20:23 PM

Somebody's cranky. Smiley

I can answer/address nearly every one of those questions/comments and I don't have any affiliation with BTCFPGA aside from being a customer, a customer btw that was undecided in Sept. Guess what tipped the scales? Grin

Yeah it's a freaking joke alright. Your company's shipping date was October. Can YOU read a calender? Your early pre-order customers should've been hashing by now, based on your reassurances that this wouldn't be handled in the inept and unprofessional way in which BFL's FPGA product launch was...yet here you are pointing fingers and blathering in a disturbingly unprofessional way as usual. Oh that's right, you speak for BFL, you just don't represent them ATM.

How's that fifth sixth week of November shipping schedule coming Josh?

Did I miss it ? am I to late for Iblahblah's rant ?  Tongue
Its beautiful to see him making snarky cryptic comments directed @ the competition for their delays at the top then throwing his little tantrum down the bottom while explaining his own delays.

If you could harness immature unprofessional rage into hashing power josh could 51% the network by himself.

meowmeowbrowncow (OP)

Activity: 322

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 03:32:05 PM

"Power of two!  Powers of two!" ... MmmmFPHpHMMpHPhp (translation: We just made this shit up to distract from the fact that we have nothing else to offer)

To be fair the base-2 issue is ambiguous, so we really don't know the exact technicalities that warranted the chip count change.

It does sound a bit like Herman Caine's 9-9-9 plan.  (maybe because I have a technical background it sounds silly when lacking specifics)

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 03:53:56 PM

"Shipping the week after Thanksgiving" ... but not really, we actually mean "The first week of December cause we can't read calendars." (OOps, maybe not, we don't know when we are shipping yet!)

We will ship the "5th week of November"!?

Someone can't throw any stones in their glass house...
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 03:57:12 PM

I think every ASIC manufacturer should avoid any stones, since the only one that hasn't had a delay is Avalon and they aren't close enough to shipping that they would need to announce a delay yet. Get your shit out the door and then you can mock the competitor and steal his customers. Until then, focus on your own product.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 03:59:12 PM

I think every ASIC manufacturer should avoid any stones, since the only one that hasn't had a delay is Avalon and they aren't close enough to shipping that they would need to announce a delay yet. Get your shit out the door and then you can mock the competitor and steal his customers. Until then, focus on your own product.
Sage advice if I ever heard it!

GernMiester

Activity: 285

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:44:15 PM

Holy bunch a BS.. There are no true marketing professionals at ANY of these ASIC manufacturers.

A true marketing professional would have NEVER EVER committed to a ship date much less 3 or 4 dates before actually having items in route or better yet in hand.

A real pro knows that promises only cause issues because they can be turned into lies. I.E. delivery date ETA's

Product in hand is all that matters.

Its not relevant what you say your product can do until it actually does it in production, not a prototype or my favorite, a simulation... ..

They also would certainly not be on any message board providing their opinions of competitors while NOT 100% anonymous.

Stop posting, and start getting the product completed and shipped.

Post FACTS. FACTS not speculation.

Honesty is truly the best policy. It is easy to remember the truth. A web of lies can get out of control real fast

Don't respond to others and their speculating either

This is the internet, it may forgives but it never forgets.

what a whiny place this forum is... jeez....

Coinoisseur

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 11:21:06 PM

In the US you can't take pre-orders without giving a date which is why game pre-orders often start with seemingly arbitrary launch dates.

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                            
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                              
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 06:34:49 PM

All I care about is who is shipping first. If BFL does end up shipping weeks or months ahead of competitors, the 12gh/s loss is inconsequential. I also predict that within a few moths, the market will be flooded with ASICs, bringing ROI well above a year. At that point, ASIC manufacturers are going to need to adjust prices to create demand. The real battle is going to be the coming price war and unfortunately I think the early adopters (me included) are going to be the losers.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
creativex

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 07:16:42 PM

All I care about is who is shipping first. If BFL does end up shipping weeks or months ahead of competitors, the 12gh/s loss is inconsequential. I also predict that within a few moths, the market will be flooded with ASICs, bringing ROI well above a year. At that point, ASIC manufacturers are going to need to adjust prices to create demand. The real battle is going to be the coming price war and unfortunately I think the early adopters (me included) are going to be the losers.

In order for that to happen Avalon must delay their product release significantly, bASIC must again be significantly delayed, and most unlikely of all BFL must stop yanking everyone's chain with bogus release dates every two weeks and ship an actual product. What are the chances that all three of these things will happen?

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 07:22:27 PM

I know what you mean, but I"m hoping to have enough coins by then to buy another shit-ton of ASICs.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
dooferorg

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 11:55:27 PM

If you could harness immature unprofessional rage into hashing power josh could 51% the network by himself.

.sig worthy  Grin

BTC: 1dooferoD3vnwgez3Jo1E4bFfgMf81LR2
ZEC: t1gnToN2HZW4GD52kofEVdijhRijWjCNfYi
61197da925c1

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 12:59:17 AM

if btcfpga wasn't so weird, i would have loved to purchase that instead, the basic02

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 -  *Link Removed*  ``````
AfricanHunter

Activity: 157
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 01:06:12 AM

if btcfpga wasn't so weird, i would have loved to purchase that instead, the basic02

Strange as I found him a bit weird also, but seemed like he had/has a big following here. Time will tell if I made the right choice with BFL

Thinking about doing business with johnniewalkerhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=72227?
First read this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131841.0

Also, Join the National Rifle Association to protect 2nd Amendment Rights http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp?campaignid=XR020022
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: