Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:28:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Switch Poker adds Bitcoin tables  (Read 3160 times)
Switch Poker (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 01:38:38 PM

We are informing bitcointalk.org of this Bitcoin related news first. Before we blog about it, before we tweet about it, before our Facebook page gets updated and before we notify our journalist mailing list.

As many of you know, last year we added Bitcoin as a deposit and withdrawal method on Switch Poker. But as all of our games were in Euro it was necessary for players to convert their Bitcoins to Euro to play on the site.

Minutes ago we added Bitcoin currency tables to our lobby. These allow players to deposit using Bitcoin, play using Bitcoin and withdraw winnings using Bitcoin without needing to convert to Euro. There are zero fees to deposit or withdraw using Bitcoin.

https://i.imgur.com/uHR26.png

This is a limited launch of Bitcoin only tables and therefore there are only 0.01/0.02 BTC tables (2BTC maximum buyin) at the moment. If it proves popular we will add more levels.

We hope you enjoy the Bitcoin games and would appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

----
Switch Poker offers no-limit holdem cash games for iPhone, iPad, Android & desktop
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 06:23:29 PM

Also see here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 10:10:27 AM

Great to see Smiley

Switch Poker (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 02:52:38 PM

This has been picked up by Card Player

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/14529-switch-poker-launches-bitcoin-only-poker-tables
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 10:22:56 PM

any free games on this site to try it before I buy it?

I'm interested in the app option.  Is that available in the US?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
sethsethseth

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

Not trusting third parties with my private keys

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 10:18:26 PM

They have play money.  I love this site

SealsWithClubs poker room has  over 400 players online. Buy in from .01 to 60btc.      BTCSportsMatch lets you bet sports with vig free lines!  Best kept secret in bitcoin....          LocalBitcoins.com is very user-friendly now for bank transfers.  You don't have to live close to trade when in the same currency area.           
Electrum client is awesome. Try it. And please stop sending bitcoins to sites run by security newbies, or don't complain when you lose everything.
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:43:02 PM

you have to provide name and address to deposit w/bitcoins? wtf.
Switch Poker (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 09:26:53 AM

This is correct. Switch Poker is a licensed operator and our license required following certain 'know your customer' regulations. Your private details are stored securely and are not shared with third parties for commercial purposes.

The worst thing that this will lead to is receiving the odd Christmas card from the team -- something which can be opted out of. And the best that will lead to is delivery of an iPad or other gift after completing one of the signup bonuses.

Switch Poker (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 03:21:25 PM

Free €5 - no deposit required

Enter code: BTCTALK5E

A number of people have asked for a way to try out the real money tables without depositing. We haven't yet got a bonus that gives Bitcoins (we are working on it) but we can offer you a free €5 to try out the real money tables. You will be able to cash out winnings as Bitcoins and there is no deposit necessary. So come along and try it out.

How to claim the free €5
1) Register at https://www.switchpoker.com/ and verify your email address.

2) Click the Cashier link (https://www.switchpoker.com/Cashier) and enter your details.

3) Verify your mobile phone number via the account page (https://www.switchpoker.com/Account)

4) Enter the bonus code on the Cashier page (https://www.switchpoker.com/Cashier)

https://i.imgur.com/PHQXd.png

That's it. Enjoy the free cash. We hope you can spin it up a fortune.
Lurk

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 03:26:21 PM

i cant create an account because i live in the u.s.a.  is there anyway to get around this if I were to ever play with bitcoin?
Switch Poker (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 03:41:11 PM

i cant create an account because i live in the u.s.a.  is there anyway to get around this if I were to ever play with bitcoin?

I am sorry but we cannot accept US based players.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 09:08:48 PM

Still no US players allowed...  Sad
sinner

Activity: 615
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 01:41:56 PM

This is correct. Switch Poker is a licensed operator and our license required following certain 'know your customer' regulations. Your private details are stored securely and are not shared with third parties for commercial purposes.

The worst thing that this will lead to is receiving the odd Christmas card from the team -- something which can be opted out of. And the best that will lead to is delivery of an iPad or other gift after completing one of the signup bonuses.

having a license in the poker world doesnt mean A GODDAMN THING.

examples: Kahnawake Gaming Commision (licensed UB), Malta Lotteries & Gaming Authority (licensed Everleaf and other fail sites), Alderney Gambling Control Commission (licensed FTP).

The reason you follow KYC (collect name, address, IDs) is cuz you offer fiat currency deposits.

now this is hilarious: "We believe you should have the power to play poker wherever you are.  Except USA."

you offer bitcoin deposits/games but restrict where people can play? go fuck yourself
k

Activity: 451

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 01:46:23 PM

U.S. players who blame the poker sites for not allowing them to play are blaming the wrong people. Blame the U.S. law makers and lobby them to change the law.
illpoet

Activity: 341

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 09:50:41 PM

U.S. players who blame the poker sites for not allowing them to play are blaming the wrong people. Blame the U.S. law makers and lobby them to change the law.

i agree! our oppressive government sucks nuts!

Tym's Get Rich Slow scheme: plse send .00001 to
btc: 1DKRaNUnMQkeby6Dk1d8e6fRczSrTEhd8p ltc: LV4Udu7x9aLs28MoMCzsvVGKJbSmrHESnt
thank you.
anonymous5050

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 06:28:06 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2012, 06:42:50 PM by anonymous5050

How to play on browser-based poker site in the US with bitcoin:

1) go on premiumize.me
2) order 1 month of service for 0.67 bitcoins (or paypal or whatever)
3) get the premiumize.me browser plugin for chrome so you don't have to run your whole computer on a vpn
4) set location to anywhere else
5) make poker account
6) win all the money

premiumize.me also gives you premium access to every file hoster so you can download huge amounts of pron, and it gives you hulu, pandora, and most major TV network's sites like ABC, CBS, FX etc.  It also has channels for the UK, Germany, Ireland, ans Switzerland.  Such a good deal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: