Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:29:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: change profile name on this forum?  (Read 1406 times)
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 02:27:21 AM

I know 1 guy here who changed his username recently, does that mean he paid that much (around 19,000 USD based on that times exchange rate) just to remove a few letters and numbers to his username?
If you're talking about Blazed, very trusted members of the forum can have one-off name changes for free. I believe the same happened with Lauda (I think they used to have a letter at the end of their name, not sure though) and Mitchell/Bitcoininformation. Since they are small/one-offs the admins can live with it and it will cause little confusion I expect, though if they wanted to change their names more I expect they would be told to buy Donator.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:32:21 AM

I know 1 guy here who changed his username recently, does that mean he paid that much (around 19,000 USD based on that times exchange rate) just to remove a few letters and numbers to his username?
If you're talking about Blazed, very trusted members of the forum can have one-off name changes for free. I believe the same happened with Lauda (I think they used to have a letter at the end of their name, not sure though) and Mitchell/Bitcoininformation. Since they are small/one-offs the admins can live with it and it will cause little confusion I expect, though if they wanted to change their names more I expect they would be told to buy Donator.
That's my thoughts as well, it may depend if the person requesting is naughty or nice. There maybe more of them out there who requested for a username change, it's just that they are not that well known in this forum to be noticed. If they can afford it, why not.
saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:36:06 AM

AFAIK staff members like Lauda and Mitchell can change their names. Blazed had to ask Theymos for the name change, and to change your own name if you aren't VIP or staff, you will need to ask theymos.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3408

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 08:00:23 AM

I'm also one of the people that no one have noticed (so far), that I got my name changed to what I wanted although it was only a minimal change and I sited a valid reason in order for them to grant my wish which happened luckily on the same they as I requested so there might be a lot of factors into letting someone's name be changed to what they want. Perhaps donation or being well known in the community is not the only way but giving valid reason that's good enough for the process to go through Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:35:03 AM

Can I change my profile name on this forum?
I would like to replace it and I've been messing about with but still I do not know how  Undecided

Donate 50tbc to the forum, or create a new account with the name you want.

MAN. That's a bit much to pay just for a name change. Who would do that? I would guess if you had over like 5000 activity you still wouldn't do that. I'm pretty sure no would do that. Just make a new account. That's a good idea.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 09:50:04 AM

AFAIK staff members like Lauda and Mitchell can change their names. Blazed had to ask Theymos for the name change, and to change your own name if you aren't VIP or staff, you will need to ask theymos.
This is indeed correct. I just want to clarify because it seems like some members aren't really sure (I wasn't either). Staff members have the option to change their names, i.e. we don't have to contact an admin to get it resolved. Both me and Mitchell changed our names (even though mine was a small change - single letter removed).

MAN. That's a bit much to pay just for a name change. Who would do that? I would guess if you had over like 5000 activity you still wouldn't do that. I'm pretty sure no would do that. Just make a new account. That's a good idea.
At some point in time 50 BTC was worth a very small amount of $. Most people who have donated did so a few years back.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 09:54:31 AM

I'd probably go as far as to pay 0.1btc for a name change.  Even that would be pushing the boat out.

Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:02:39 AM

Theymos has already said he doesn't want to change the process for these talks, but he's thinking of adding new, cheaper ranks for today's prices. But they'd probably still be something like $200+, though.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:34:08 AM

You're better off registering a new account and start all over again, considering your account is only a newbie with 28 activity.

Unless you are able to donate 50 BTC to the forum.
Ryananda (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:19:04 AM

You're better off registering a new account and start all over again, considering your account is only a newbie with 28 activity.

Unless you are able to donate 50 BTC to the forum.
Maybe I will not repeat again and create a new account
Due to collect 28 activity takes about 2 weeks, I do not want vain
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:50:48 AM

I would like to replace it and I've been messing about with but still I do not know how  Undecided

Which person, in the right mind, would do this? Imagine if a brand new did this. That would be so funny.
Ryananda (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 04:55:38 AM

Which person, in the right mind, would do this? Imagine if a brand new did this. That would be so funny.
Yes it may be true what you say
Newbie like me want to change the name when just making  Cheesy
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 07:35:19 AM

I did not pay for changing my nickname, but it probably helped me having a little trust earned. Either donate or become staff for 99% of the people to change nicknames.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 07:56:32 AM

They could do with lowering the donation amount to todays rates. 10 btc is mental.

There isn't an easy way to do it without devaluing past donations, and more importantly preventing scams. If it was say 2 btc, that's a possibly small amount to pay to mimic an established member or add credibility where it isn't deserved.

enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 08:47:59 AM

There are reasons why one would want to change username like the name of their business or name of their blog site. But i suppose it does affect the threads in the past were you were quoted, does it?
If you're account is just a new anyway, just register a new one with your desired username. Its not illegal to create another.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: