Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:46:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: change profile name on this forum?  (Read 1407 times)
Ryananda (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 09:58:23 AM

Can I change my profile name on this forum?
I would like to replace it and I've been messing about with but still I do not know how  Undecided
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3057

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 09:58:58 AM

I would like to replace it and I've been messing about with but still I do not know how  Undecided

Donate 50tbc to the forum, or create a new account with the name you want.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:10:39 AM

I would like to replace it and I've been messing about with but still I do not know how  Undecided

50 btc okay that's a bit steep for a name change.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 10:12:05 AM

It wasn't that expensive a couple years ago when the policy was created.  The powers decided not to change the donation amount to keep up with price changes.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:13:53 AM

It wasn't that expensive a couple years ago when the policy was created.  The powers decided not to change the donation amount to keep up with price changes.

Why is that?

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:15:36 AM

ouch 50 btc!!! wowsers I think at that point I would just deal with a name I dont like lol

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 10:15:45 AM

Why is that?

I would assume to keep a fair playing field for those that had already donated.  How would you feel if you donated 50btc to get VIP status and then they lowered the price?

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:17:13 AM

Why is that?

To preserve the glory from the people that donated back in the old days. Just kidding.
It was already discussed to have a "newer" VIP rank, to reduce the amount of BTC to be one, but have the same benefits but making easy to see if the person donated recently or in the past.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 10:20:11 AM

I'm afraid as it stands,  those of us who picked rubbish forum names are stuck with them   Roll Eyes

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:04:11 AM

Still not sure if the "Donator" status allows name change or not, anyone knows about the "powers" of a Donator.
P.S: If you don't know yet, donators are people who Donated only 25 10(wonder when that happened, last I saw the donation page I think it was 25) BTC as opposed to 50 BTC for VIP

Seems it gives them only these powers
If you donate 10 BTC, you can get a special "Donator" title and a green "who's online" color. Both Donators and VIPs also get access to an exclusive forum section.
DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:09:18 AM

Still not sure if the "Donator" status allows name change or not, anyone knows about the "powers" of a Donator.
P.S: If you don't know yet, donators are people who Donated only 25 BTC as opposed to 50 BTC for VIP
Wrong, Donator was 10BTC. Still is, but I don't know if anyone wants a green coin on the forum for over 3K bucks.

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
Zeroxal

Activity: 896
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 04:03:36 PM

P.S: If you don't know yet, donators are people who Donated only 25 BTC as opposed to 50 BTC for VIP
Wrong, Donator was 10BTC. Still is, but I don't know if anyone wants a green coin on the forum for over 3K bucks.
10 btc is worth about 4k $ now (price is rising)
But at the time as the forum started accepting donations it was worth about nearly nothing in comparison to the bitcoin price today. The forum then got more and more members and so they got more money through ad revenues. Now,they get enough money from the ad revenues that they wont need to accept donations anymore and it is not worth that effort for that small amount of money - that's why the donation price wasn't changed till now.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 05:15:16 PM

They could do with lowering the donation amount to todays rates. 10 btc is mental.

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:51:28 PM

But at the time as the forum started accepting donations it was worth about nearly nothing in comparison to the bitcoin price today. The forum then got more and more members and so they got more money through ad revenues. Now,they get enough money from the ad revenues that they wont need to accept donations anymore and it is not worth that effort for that small amount of money - that's why the donation price wasn't changed till now.
Wrong the donation amount was not removed because. And who wouldn't like a few BTC ? If we were to follow your logic the forum wouldn't need advertising auctions at all, here's the real reason
To keep a fair playing field for those that had already donated.  How would you feel if you donated 50btc to get VIP status and then they lowered the price?
Same goes for you:
They could do with lowering the donation amount to todays rates. 10 btc is mental.
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:27:28 PM

Wrong the donation amount was not removed because. And who wouldn't like a few BTC ? If we were to follow your logic the forum wouldn't need advertising auctions at all, here's the real reason
To keep a fair playing field for those that had already donated.  How would you feel if you donated 50btc to get VIP status and then they lowered the price?
Same goes for you:
How about adding new tiers. I mean we still have a few colors to chose from. We could call the old donators whales and new one shrimps. But anything goes really. I bet bitcointalk hasn't received new donations since forever.

Getting a name change should be a separate donation in my opinion without the titles.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:39:31 PM

How about adding new tiers. I mean we still have a few colors to chose from. We could call the old donators whales and new one shrimps. But anything goes really. I bet bitcointalk hasn't received new donations since forever.
Not needed but discussed many times. The donator status is supposed to be hard to reach, as explained best by theymos
No offense Theymos but I think VIP is way to expensive. Please lower VIP to 10 BTC which is already close to $100 with fees. 50btc is ridiculous.

It's not supposed to be easy to get. What value would it have if even 1% of members have it?
At any rate, for more revenue, forum advertisement is there and it brings est. 10BTC per month.
krunox123

Activity: 756

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 12:09:25 AM

You will have to donate some Bitcoins to get VIP status if you want to change your name anytime you want or you can send a request to theymos through PM to change it for you, but I heard that theymos will not do it without a solid reason (I may be wrong though).
The cheaper and faster way is to create a new account with your desired username.

Life sucks.
Athertle

Activity: 252

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 12:14:27 AM

Not needed but discussed many times. The donator status is supposed to be hard to reach, as explained best by theymos

IIRC, they're planning on making new ranks that are cheaper than that; I think I may have seen it a while ago but it might have been my imagination. Roll Eyes

Ryananda (OP)

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:20:08 AM

What 50 BTC?
It was very much at all I do not have that much BTC  Sad
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:23:28 AM

I know 1 guy here who changed his username recently, does that mean he paid that much (around 19,000 USD based on that times exchange rate) just to remove a few letters and numbers to his username?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: