Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why should people use Bitcoin?  (Read 122103 times)
Blawpaw (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:47:30 PM

Bitcoin is the future of money, or so they say.

I would like to hear your opinions on Why should people use Bitcoin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
virtualx

Activity: 672
Merit: 507

LOTEO

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:51:17 PM

The bitcoin network is an easier payment network, faster to use than other payment methods. You do not need to register any information and have access to a world wide market where you can earn and spend.  Smiley

...loteo...
DIGITAL ERA LOTTERY

r

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████████▄
▄██  ███████▌ ▐██████████████▄
▐██▌ ▐█▀  ▀█    ▐█▀   ▀██▀  ▀██▌
▐██  █▌ █▌ ██  ██▌ ██▌ █▌ █▌ ██▌
▐█▌ ▐█ ▐█ ▐█▌ ▐██  ▄▄▄██ ▐█ ▐██▌
▐█  ██▄  ▄██    █▄    ██▄  ▄███▌
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
r

RPLAY NOWR
BE A MOON VISITOR!
[/center]
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:52:20 PM

Some good reasons why you use bitcoin.

1. It is fast. Transactions are instantaneous and confirmation times are usually done withing 10 minutes.
2. It is cheap to transfer any amount of money anywhere. Fees are insignificant at this point.
3. Your bitcoin are your alone, they can't be blocked by bank, IRS or any institutions.
4. There are no charge backs.
Aggressor66

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:54:27 PM

Because Bitcoin success story has only just begun  Wink
Bitcoin is to banking what the Internet was to telephony. The most exciting thing about it is not anything that we have seen yet, but what it can become in the future.In the 1990s, we saw the same story play out with telephony and the Internet. The telephone network saw relatively few innovations because it was a closed network with the telephone company setting the rules of communication. Then, the Internet came online as an open, peer-to-peer network, enabling thousands of new apps and innovations we would have never dreamed of even a decade ago – the rest is history!
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:55:19 PM

Just because the dollar wasn't really designed for the internet. We're trying to somehow make that happen, but we've ended up with huge fees and lots of delays while trying to transfer money across the globe. The whole idea of fiat isn't really sustainable in itself, since the average lifespan of fiat past 775 fiat currencies is about 25 years. Also bitcoin is transparent and it's growth rate is pretty predictable.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 05:57:01 PM

One of the main selling points for people to get into Bitcoin is the very low miner fees at the current moment... While this will probably be increased to double the amount it is now, roughly around .03-.07 cents, it will still be substantially cheaper than using payment systems like PayPal.

calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:00:17 PM

in the age of the internet is paper iou's really the best we as the human race can do,  obviously not, bitcoin has arrived.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:01:37 PM

I don't think common people "should" use Bitcoin right now, it's very complicated for most, specially women and not tech savvy people. I don't want to sound harsh but that's my experience. Also to be honest everything can be done via credit cards or paypal, there's not an actual need for Bitcoin for them. Privacy is an illusion and credit cards have insurance, there's no risk and they are instant.

Bitcoin strengths are other things, like its unique technology, disruptive ideas that can be applied or used in the future but because of price volatility and difficult to get a hold of it hasn't found a niche yet.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:19:03 PM

To be honest, as Bitcoin currently stands, the only people who should be suing Bitcoin are those who are willing to take risks and are willing to learn new things. Aside from that, Bitcoin is still relatively young, and as such we likely haven't seen its final iteration. There will always be new technologies or services coming out that will benefit Bitcoin in some way, and thus we have to take some risks to further the project.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:23:55 PM

I think what shouldve been Why should people use bitcoin now?...

Yes now!!! Families are getting broke because of the transfer rate of dollars. Just think about a Mom sending money monthly for a year to her family at a different part of the globe. How much will it be for 12  months. In bitcoin all that rates will be minimized and it is like you have 13 times in a year compared to those other transfer money companies.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:33:15 PM

I thought of some more good points why we should use bitcoin: hackers and thieves can’t steal your payment information from merchants if you are paying with bitcoin and use it for their advantage.
And unlike credit cards bitcoin is private, for example: your wife won't find out that you bought her present after seeing your bitcoin transaction, but could easy tell after seeing your credit card history...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:35:07 PM

I could care less about what others do and why they do it. For me it is about financial benefit. Bitcoin is the fastest, cheapest, and most secure money. It is far better than dollars. In order to use dollars I must have permission from the issuer and must use them according to their rules. Dollars only work in the U.S. and a few other places and if I want to send them somewhere I must pay ridiculous fees and wait for up to a month for everything to be cleared. Even worse, dollars require trust. I would have to give all the information required to steal from me to a website, a payment processor, a credit card company, others?
Cards look so stupid to me now. I'll never go back. A better title for this thread is "Why the F@#% would anyone use fiat"?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:37:26 PM

because it has

lower fees

faster for me at least online, on some website no need to enter credentials for example cvv and stuff like that

more secure, again on some website they can not steal your wallet when you spend bitcoin, but they can steal your credit card credentials and drain all your funds

huge discount with some service(purse.io)
ProjectDev

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:41:30 PM

21m coins in bitcoin to serve over 7 billion people??? wait for our new project to unfold it will bring lots of features and worldwide acceptance!!

COMING SOON!!

27QVUTZj8rgZP1

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:53:28 PM

I don't think common people "should" use Bitcoin right now, it's very complicated for most, specially women and not tech savvy people. I don't want to sound harsh but that's my experience.
I understand you. And I kind of think that too.

If I introduce Bitcoin to my mother, brother or other people who aren't tech savvy... They would simply forget about it because of many things: bitcoin is not so easy to get, it is confusing how to start using it, create wallet/address or whatever.

Even paypal is not that popular in my contry, and it is still hard to find local online shops accepting it let alone Bitcoin.

I remember while in school we all had those lessons with fiat currency, we had fake money and coins made of paper. Their purpose was probably to teach how to deal with money and bla bla bla...

I think it is time to teach them how to use Bitcoin too. Smiley

Bitcoin address: 1RepentJESUSisComingSoon777kqd54C

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. - Revelation 22:12
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 06:55:12 PM

I can point out a few reasons why people around me use bitcoins :

1.You're tech savvy : You simply like technology ,especially code/web/programming etc.

2.You want to be cool:There are bunch of this kind of people who simply use bitcoins because they think its cool to have those "Bitcoin Wallets" and show off their balances.

3.You're a trader: Extremely inclined to the business side of the market.They know what future has for them,they prepare for it .

4.You're a investor :There are this type of people who buy anything and everything and sell it off to earn profits.Mostly they have money and good financial backgrounds so they just buy bitcoins as assets .

5.You're a gambler:Yeah finally,you want to be safe/secure/anonymous while gambling use bitcoins because the government doesn't give much fucks about online bitcoin balances.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:04:50 PM

I can point out a few reasons why people around me use bitcoins :

1.You're tech savvy : You simply like technology ,especially code/web/programming etc.

2.You want to be cool:There are bunch of this kind of people who simply use bitcoins because they think its cool to have those "Bitcoin Wallets" and show off their balances.

3.You're a trader: Extremely inclined to the business side of the market.They know what future has for them,they prepare for it .

4.You're a investor :There are this type of people who buy anything and everything and sell it off to earn profits.Mostly they have money and good financial backgrounds so they just buy bitcoins as assets .

5.You're a gambler:Yeah finally,you want to be safe/secure/anonymous while gambling use bitcoins because the government doesn't give much fucks about online bitcoin balances.
1. If we focus at targeting bitcoin as tool only for advanced and technical users we won't reach better adoption anytime soon.
2. If you think it is cool to have bitcoin you probably are adolescent teen with hormonal tempest raging within.
3. That is actually good point and I agree.
4. Same as above. Greed is a machine of progress.
5. Good point, I wish I knew total worth of bitcoin gambling market.
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 07:14:49 PM

I think that the question should be, why should not people use bitcoin?

Nah seriously, lower fees, faster transactions ( yes im sure that in the future it will be pretty faster ), no 3rd persons involved in any transactions, NO MANIPULATION POSSIBLE and much more...

In general is something like an natural evolution, yes? Wink

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:26:00 PM

The best for me is that you have not to trust anyone, that you can transfer funds worldwide and that you can join the system without registering anywhere. If you want more opinions, just tell me.
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:30:47 PM

Why people should use bitcoin, because it is easy to send and receive money from all over the world, no need for iban no need to pay additional fees to the bank so it made our life easier.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: