Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:47:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Bitmessage - P2P Messaging system based partially on Bitcoin  (Read 89804 times)
nimda

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:39:09 AM

Still nothing :/

err somehow my address changed or i didnt link the right one the first time or something... here lets try this again BM-2DCLDXTLT4RH6Wb2xpHspHFN3fHghVdsLn
Sub'd.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:41:01 AM

Still nothing :/

err somehow my address changed or i didnt link the right one the first time or something... here lets try this again BM-2DCLDXTLT4RH6Wb2xpHspHFN3fHghVdsLn
Sub'd.

=D ok ill just rebroadcast what i wrote before.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 01:48:50 AM
Last edit: June 04, 2013, 01:59:27 AM by nimda

Can BitMessage really be used for mailing lists? AFAICT, for a "reply all" functionality, the publisher would have to rebroadcast everything received.
Edit: "Special Address Behavior" has this already figured out.

Additionally, how about UPnP port mapping or some other method? I don't have to mess with my router to get Bitcoin or uTorrent to work.
Atheros (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 04:48:45 AM

I have reverted the EXE on the website back to the prior version (0.3.1) because some Windows 7 (and Windows server) users have reported having an issue sending messages with the current version.

I have fixed the issue. The binary on the website is current and working.

how about UPnP port mapping or some other method? I don't have to mess with my router to get Bitcoin or uTorrent to work.

UPnP would be nice and it is on the feature request list. I will work on some other things like OSX support and attachments first.

BM-GteJMPqvHRUdUHHa1u7dtYnfDaH5ogeY
Bitmessage.org - Decentralized, trustless, encrypted, authenticated messaging protocol and client.
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 12:26:46 PM

UPnP would be nice and it is on the feature request list. I will work on some other things like OSX support and attachments first.

Yes, pretty PLEASE!!!

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:03:29 PM

Bug report:
On my Windows 7 machine, when Bitmessage is closed (through f.ex the tray icon), it will not re-open. Attempting to open it results in 2 Bitmessage.exe process instances, but no tray icon and no window.

Portable mode is on.

This is only sometimes reproducible. Deleting all .dat files resolves the problem, but wipes the "portable mode" setting.
Atheros (OP)

Activity: 249
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2013, 07:38:35 PM

Bug report:
On my Windows 7 machine, when Bitmessage is closed (through f.ex the tray icon), it will not re-open. Attempting to open it results in 2 Bitmessage.exe process instances, but no tray icon and no window.

Portable mode is on.

This is only sometimes reproducible. Deleting all .dat files resolves the problem, but wipes the "portable mode" setting.

If you go to Help > About, are you running v0.3.211 ? If not you might consider upgrading.

BM-GteJMPqvHRUdUHHa1u7dtYnfDaH5ogeY
Bitmessage.org - Decentralized, trustless, encrypted, authenticated messaging protocol and client.
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 07:50:24 PM

Bug report:

Portable mode is on.

If you go to Help > About, are you running v0.3.211 ? If not you might consider upgrading.
I'll try upgrading.
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 04, 2013, 09:20:19 PM

One thing that would be nice is if the releases were identified with tags in git, and if those tags were pushed to the GitHub repository.
HostFat
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 1202

I support freedom of choice

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2013, 12:30:30 AM

v0.3.3
Remove inbox item from GUI when using API command trashMessage
Add missing trailing semicolons to pybitmessage.desktop
Ensure $(DESTDIR)/usr/bin exists
Update Makefile to correct sandbox violations when built via Portage (Gentoo)
Fix message authentication bug

NON DO ASSISTENZA PRIVATA - http://hostfatmind.com
3btc

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 09:52:01 AM

v0.3.3

For the lazy people, latest version at

https://bitmessage.org/download/windows/Bitmessage.exe

:bow: And thanks again, this version seems really fine - started up just nicely and runs so smooth that I will let it run 24/7 Smiley

Sell * Buy * Anything * Decentralized * Free

OpenBazaar.Org
justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 01:14:25 AM

Bitmessage is now available for Gentoo users via the Bitcoin overlay:

https://gitorious.org/bitcoin/gentoo/commit/783046a4bf84b908ce0b30e2f8f0ed845ba89e09
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 02:09:57 AM

I've sub'd to the addresses in this thread and have not received anything yet. But I did get a friend to install it and successfully received a message from that friend.

My connection light is consistently yellow. I did enable port forwarding on the router, and configured my firewall (UFW) properly. The first time I launched it it was green. I think my ISP does something sketchy with the modem firmware's DHCP settings to limit connections on P2P software, so maybe that's what's preventing the green. Who knows.

For some reason I can't get it to launch via a desktop shortcut; have to use the terminal every time. I tried different formats for the command, still nothing - the term opens for a sec and closes. Any suggestions? I'm a linux n00b (still, after using it 7 years) so maybe I missed something. I checked "Start in terminal" and command is python $HOME/PyBitmessage/src/bitmessagemain.py (same command I use directly in terminal.) xterm starts for a second then quits, with no visible text. Huh Huh

I have reverted the EXE on the website back to the prior version (0.3.1) because some Windows 7 (and Windows server) users have reported having an issue sending messages with the current version.

I was skimming and read part of this as "because some Windows 3.1 users have reported...."
And I was like  Shocked Shocked Shocked
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 02:18:46 AM

Yeah man I'm on Windows 3.1...

Daily Anarchist

Activity: 614
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 02:21:52 AM

I've sub'd to the addresses in this thread and have not received anything yet. But I did get a friend to install it and successfully received a message from that friend.

My connection light is consistently yellow. I did enable port forwarding on the router, and configured my firewall (UFW) properly. The first time I launched it it was green. I think my ISP does something sketchy with the modem firmware's DHCP settings to limit connections on P2P software, so maybe that's what's preventing the green. Who knows.

For some reason I can't get it to launch via a desktop shortcut; have to use the terminal every time. I tried different formats for the command, still nothing - the term opens for a sec and closes. Any suggestions? I'm a linux n00b so maybe I missed something. I checked "Start in terminal" and command is python $HOME/PyBitmessage/src/bitmessagemain.py (same command I use directly in terminal.) xterm starts for a second then quits, with no visible text.

I was skimming and read part of this as "because some Windows 3.1 users have reported...."
And I was like  Shocked Shocked Shocked

You want to get Bitmessage to open up from a launcher icon?

If so, you should have a program called Main Menu. Open that. Then click on the category you want Bitmessage under. For me, I put it under Internet. Then create new. Then type in for the command "python /home/user/PyBitmessage/src/bitmessagemain.py" and click on the little icon, then navigate to the little can. If you have any further questions, let me know. We'll get 'er done.

Discover anarcho-capitalism today!
BitcoinAshley

View Profile
June 12, 2013, 07:40:57 PM

Yeah, still doing the same thing; not really sure what the issue is. Main Menu is just a GUI for what I was doing manually. I used Main Menu to create the link - still nothing happens when I click it. If I change selection in properties to "Application in Terminal" then the terminal opens for a split second, displays no text, and disappears. (Just like when I set "terminal=true" in the .desktop file)

On the other hand, if I type "python $HOME/PyBitmessage/src/bitmessagemain.py" right into the terminal, it opens no problem.

Really strange. I'm using Linux Mint (14 Mate). I doubt this has anything to do with bitmessage, though. Anyone else having this issue?

Interestingly, (and probably irrelevant) the desktop launcher file I created opens xterm but the "Main Menu" launcher opens mate-terminal.
Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2013, 08:50:25 PM

Yeah, still doing the same thing; not really sure what the issue is. Main Menu is just a GUI for what I was doing manually. I used Main Menu to create the link - still nothing happens when I click it. If I change selection in properties to "Application in Terminal" then the terminal opens for a split second, displays no text, and disappears. (Just like when I set "terminal=true" in the .desktop file)

On the other hand, if I type "python $HOME/PyBitmessage/src/bitmessagemain.py" right into the terminal, it opens no problem.

Really strange. I'm using Linux Mint (14 Mate). I doubt this has anything to do with bitmessage, though. Anyone else having this issue?

Interestingly, (and probably irrelevant) the desktop launcher file I created opens xterm but the "Main Menu" launcher opens mate-terminal.

I installed Bitmessage on a Mint machine the other day and had that same problem. When you try to open the program from the launcher it wouldn't work, but if you right click on Bitmessage and then create a desktop icon it will work when you double click from the desktop icon.

BitcoinAshley

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 02:55:19 AM

I tried that and it worked perfectly. I didn't realize that opening the .py file ran python automatically... what am I typing "python [path]" for lol... it appears that the launcher file only properly launches bitmessage when linked directly to the bitmessagemain.py file rather than python [path].

Well, glad we sorted this out, lol. Kind of a strange issue, and not really that important, but hey now it takes me 2 fewer seconds to start the program  Grin.
Daily Anarchist

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 02:57:54 AM

I tried that and it worked perfectly. I didn't realize that opening the .py file ran python automatically... what am I typing "python [path]" for lol... it appears that the launcher file only properly launches bitmessage when linked directly to the bitmessagemain.py file rather than python [path].

Well, glad we sorted this out, lol. Kind of a strange issue, and not really that important, but hey now it takes me 2 fewer seconds to start the program  Grin.

That's interesting. I'm running Debian and it needs the python command. I guess Mint just didn't like it. IT KNOWS what you mean.

lexxus

Activity: 309

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 08:50:14 AM

Sorry if this was discussed before, but does anyone work on mobile bitmessage client?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: