Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:19:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What the Return of Satoshi (aka Craig Wright) really means?  (Read 2936 times)
keepdoing (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:09:00 PM

Hopefully after all the dramatic handwringing, emotional denials, and conspiracy theorists settle down, people will begin to focus on the most important revelations that came from Craig = Satoshi's comments in the video.

There are a few main points I see as being helpful in clarifying the direction of things regarding bitcoin.

1) Craig/Satoshi basically took a stance against banks running private blockchains.

2) Craig/Satoshi has a Supercomputer and he ain't afraid to use it!  He has been actually - running Bitcoin Scalability models on it for the past years. 

3) Craig/Satoshi talked about the ability to add Turing language capability as a layer in bitcoin functionality (don't know if I got the terminology exactly correct - but the concept of Turing level capability - similar to Ethereum - was promoted, and more info suggested to be forthcoming)

4) Craig/Satoshi's going to be releasing some papers, and it is apparent that he's jumping into the discussion to help guide this process along.  And if line item 2) is correct, then he should be bringing some pretty hard (and helpful) data from his years of model crunching.

5) Craig/Satoshi plans on being involved in the "reconstruction" of the global banking system, by establishing a more fair and unmanipulative banking model.  a 1 => 1 loan/reserves ratio based model.  If you aint got it - you don't lend it.  No "creating money".  (This came from research/previous statements - not the video)

6) Craig/Satoshi has further plans for "using his power for good" such as the INTEGYRZ Global Education Project. (This came from research on his company - not video)

So, I know that the Craig = Satoshi position creates the desire by some to freak out.  But putting that aside, and assuming that anyone emerged under the existing and above scenario (lets just PRETEND Craig = Satoshi) - what might it mean for the direction of bitcoin?  Any Comments?  Or is the bee's nest still buzzing too angrily to begin intelligent discussion?
ivanst776
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:13:22 PM

I don't think that the "return" of satoshi will affect the bitcoin and why should they arrest him when bitcoin is legal?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 08:15:08 PM

He's not Satoshi; stop spreading false information.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:19:14 PM

He's not Satoshi
Prove that uncategorically.  Oh, and please try to stay on topic Smiley  I thought I covered that in the OP.  It's sort of an intellectual discussion.  Are you qualified to participate?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 08:21:18 PM

Prove that uncategorically.  Oh, and please try to stay on topic Smiley  I thought I covered that in the OP.  It's sort of an intellectual discussion.  Are you qualified to participate?
Intellectual as those "Bacon causes cancer." articles.  Roll Eyes Until this Craig person signs a message from the right address or PGP key, he's nothing more than a fraud begging for attention. There's no way this can become a intellectual discussion based on false information. 

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 08:24:35 PM

He's not Satoshi
Prove that uncategorically.  Oh, and please try to stay on topic Smiley  I thought I covered that in the OP.  It's sort of an intellectual discussion.  Are you qualified to participate?

Certainly a reply worthy of an intellectual.

-snip-

Lets put the Craig is not Satoshi discussion aside indeed and focus on more important things.

But putting that aside, and assuming that anyone emerged under the existing and above scenario (lets just PRETEND Craig = Satoshi) - what might it mean for the direction of bitcoin?  Any Comments?  Or is the bee's nest still buzzing too angrily to begin intelligent discussion?

If anyone would reemerge as Satoshi it would be bad for bitcoin in my opinion. Why? Because people would constantly ask for Satoshi's opinion while it us our job to find the best solution. They already are whenever there is a problem, people go back and find satoshi quotes instead of argueing the point at hand. The best solution can not be found by a single person, but by a multitude of persons discussing and weighing proposals.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:28:12 PM

Intellectual as those "Bacon causes cancer." articles.  Roll Eyes Until this Craig person signs a message from the right address or PGP key, he's nothing more than a fraud begging for attention.
Or we could take his historical statements at face value.  He gave a gift freely.  He is entitled to his privacy, and his freedom to continue interaction in any way he so chooses.  It is None of YOUR business how he approaches this.

He has NOT recently, nor publically made any attempt to declare he is Satoshi.  Probably isn't overly pleased with me for keeping the thought alive actually.  He never said it.  The Bitcoin Community started it, then shot it down.  All with out any help from Craig = Satoshi.   It is utterly hilarious..... Craig/Satoshi is ascribed with all of this blaze of activity, and yet he has not uttered a single word in any attempt to prove/disprove.  Bitcoin Community is doing it all.

But the FACTS (aside from whether Craig = Satoshi or Craig doesn't = Satoshi is that Craig is runing an amazingly huge Supercomputer, the only private SC in the Top 100, and it is being used to model Bitcoin Scaling, and he has an amazing number of bitcoin, and a pretty deep knowledge on the subject.

But you can't address any of that can you?  Go on... try.  Try to have an intelligent discussion on those facts.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:30:49 PM

imagining {random name} was satoshi and he has been poking at scaling bitcoin behind the scenes for years. and is about to write some white papers.. this could happen:

1. he has a scaling solution submits it to github like any other random person and if it works we then get v0.12 because the github dev team like it.
2. he grabs the code from github himself. removes any parts he dont like. adds the bits he does and releases it separately as the formal name of bitcoinqt v0.12
then the consensus game begins.. do people swap over to the new qt or stay with core..
3. he says scaling wont happen to the extent of visa's tps and people got to get use to certain area's having their own chains and people need to currency trade to hop onto which ever chain they need to transact at a certain area (eg altcoin per country/state/province)
4. he admits he is satoshi and withdraws the limited privkeys he still has (far less than 1m.. but enough to make an impact) and crashes the market

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:36:26 PM

You really are something TS. Almost like a shill in the grand scheme of Craig Wright..

Without movement of any funds or signing with his keys, nobody is going to believe it is him.
Also, claiming something and than saying others should prove otherwise is the wrong way around..
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:43:32 PM

I'm satoshi.  Prove I'm not.  Uncatagoricly.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:44:13 PM

Good news, pump it !

However we are satoshi lol ....
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:49:32 PM

You really are something TS. Almost like a shill in the grand scheme of Craig Wright..

Without movement of any funds or signing with his keys, nobody is going to believe it is him.
Also, claiming something and than saying others should prove otherwise is the wrong way around..
You're missing the point Ken.  He doesn't currently care if you believe it is him.  He doesn't want you to believe it is him.

He's just going to release data / info - which will speak for itself.  He has already piqued some interest with the Turing comments.  

I personally don't care if Craig/Satoshi is ever believed to be Satoshi or not.  It's a sideshow that the community is creating.  It's just more evidence of how immature the overall Bitcoin Community is, and how important it is to quickly get past the immediate Scaling issue.  This community is filled with emotional little girls.  And the global financial world is supposed to feel good about how easily this small inbred little isolated community get's its panties in a wad???

It is quite frankly been concerning the crap out of some people for quite some time.  THAT is what creates the fear and uncertainty in Bitcoin.  The emotional immaturity of some of the people handling the technical issues.  The "Gods of Bitcoin" that the masses may soon be subject to - seem a bit iffy.

Look, Craig/Satoshi will have to decide for himself whether or not to "out himself" officially.  I can't control that.  I can control my thinking focus, and I choose to focus on some of the points that have arisen FACTUALLY out of this.

Regardless of who Craig/Satoshi is, he's running a SuperComputer doing more Scaling Modeling than anyone I imagine, is very hooked in with Bitcoin, and is shaking things up.  Where does it go?
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:51:42 PM

OP, stop trying to make yourself relevant on this space.

You've been fooled right from beginning and then your dumbass ego kept you going. Dont feel bad, there are still idiots that believe Dorian is Satoshi.

I think its safe to say, you're welcome to hang out in my ignore list.

Worst troll ever.

EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:57:27 PM

Bitcoin needs a leader figure like it needs a hole in the head, tbh, and I don't think any sane person would want to admit to being Satoshi N.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 09:03:24 PM

Anyone who would ever claim to be satoshi would likely be targeted and arrested / shot.
That amount of money holding in BTC with his private keys alone makes him a target.
I hope the world never knows who satoshi is, As it would likely end up in his death would be my guess.

Satoshi, If you are out there, Keep hiding.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:18:11 PM

Bitcoin needs a leader figure like it needs a hole in the head, tbh, and I don't think any sane person would want to admit to being Satoshi N.

Bitcoin doesn't need a leader Wink it is decentralized  so it's better to not have a 'chief/boss'.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:24:38 PM

It's as big a news as Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee or Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn! And who the hell are they? ... It does not matter, that is my point.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:33:31 PM

It's as big a news as Sir Timothy John Berners-Lee or Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn! And who the hell are they? ... It does not matter, that is my point.
Not quite Apples to Apples.  For example, if Vint Cerf were unknown,and then today was outed, then it realy would have no impact whatsoever.  just a nice fluffy piece of history.

Craig/Satoshi surfacing at a time that is so crucial to the development & direction of Bitcoin is quite another thing.  ESPECIALLY if you consider that he has been spending his time / computing power on researching the Scaling issue, on layering in Turing Capability etc.

I mean - IF this is a true scenario, then this is a HUGE development.  And I think that is where we can easily decide whether this is a rational community or not.  Regardless of whether you believe Craig = Satoshi, if you can't admit that IF Craig = Satoshi, and he is in control of a Top 15 Supercomputer that has been spending it's time runnig Scaling Models, and IF he is on cusp of integrating Turing capability, and the fact he has basically taken a clear stance against Private bank Blockchains as a non-starting soluion - then IF you assume that hypothesis, can you admit that this is a HUGE development?

And in no way similar to for example a Vint Cerf outing?

I understand the emotional drama is perhaps too high to discuss even the possibility.  But it will come whether people want it or not.  Emotion will settle, and time has a way of working things out.

Peace,
- david
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:41:56 PM

What your saying makes sense. It is an analogy and they always breakdown eventually. But the work of Satoshi is what it, is no matter who he is. It would not change my use or view of bitcoin.
I guess we are all going to find out?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:06:36 PM

Not quite Apples to Apples.  For example, if Vint Cerf were unknown,and then today was outed, then it realy would have no impact whatsoever.  just a nice fluffy piece of history.

Craig/Satoshi surfacing at a time that is so crucial to the development & direction of Bitcoin is quite another thing.  ESPECIALLY if you consider that he has been spending his time / computing power on researching the Scaling issue, on layering in Turing Capability etc.

I mean - IF this is a true scenario, then this is a HUGE development.  And I think that is where we can easily decide whether this is a rational community or not.  Regardless of whether you believe Craig = Satoshi, if you can't admit that IF Craig = Satoshi, and he is in control of a Top 15 Supercomputer that has been spending it's time runnig Scaling Models, and IF he is on cusp of integrating Turing capability, and the fact he has basically taken a clear stance against Private bank Blockchains as a non-starting soluion - then IF you assume that hypothesis, can you admit that this is a HUGE development?

And in no way similar to for example a Vint Cerf outing?

I understand the emotional drama is perhaps too high to discuss even the possibility.  But it will come whether people want it or not.  Emotion will settle, and time has a way of working things out.

Peace,
- david

why are you such a troll?  its clear now there exists not real evidence to show that craig is satoshi.  are you craigs' banks' shill or did you just figure out a good way to farm this account activity by posting satoshi nonsence?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: