Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:20:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What the Return of Satoshi (aka Craig Wright) really means?  (Read 2936 times)
keepdoing (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:25:46 AM

If he claims it's him, the burden of proof is on him. If you claim it's him, the burden is on your shoulders, sir.

Sarcasm isn't funny. Try to be more funny.
I can't resist the temptation, so I will now mathematically prove that what I believe is absolutely 100% Mathematical Certainty.

I believe with all of my heart, and all of my soul, and every fiber of my being that either.....

Craig = Satoshi
...or...
Craig does NOT = Satoshi

I believe with certainty BOTH things to be possible.

When you combine the two individual suppositions, you end up with both as possibilities.

i.e...... 1 + 1 = 2

Perfect & Pure Mathematical PROOF beyond all reasonable doubt that MY belief in the identity of Craig as Satoshi is correct.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:27:24 AM

If he claims it's him, the burden of proof is on him. If you claim it's him, the burden is on your shoulders, sir.

I can't resist the temptation, so I will now mathematically prove that what I believe is absolutely 100% Mathematical Certainty.

I believe with all of my heart, and all of my soul, and every fiber of my being that either.....

Craig = Satoshi
...or...
Craig does NOT = Satoshi

When you combine the two individual suppositions, you end up with both as possibilities.

i.e...... 1 + 1 = 2

Perfect & Pure Mathematical PROOF beyond all reasonable doubt that MY belief in the identity of Craig as Satoshi is correct.

And you admit that sarcasm isn't funny?

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:41:12 AM

Craig = Satoshi
...or...
Craig does NOT = Satoshi

i.e...... 1 + 1 = 2

And you admit that sarcasm isn't funny?
Sarcasm is a floating variable, so your hypothesis is nonsense.

For example, if 1 = Sarcasm; 5 = Funny; 8 = Not Funny

Then sarcasm is hilarious in the context of 1+4 = 5, but not so much when you add sarcasm with 7.

And then, you have people that simply can't comprehend/recognize odd numbers.  Sort of a humoristic dyslexia.

Personally I'd give this one a 10 Smiley   Double the Fun!!
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:09:14 AM

Back to the point: until Craig W. (or someone) comes up with proof that he has access to the Satoshi addresses containing the BTC pre/ninja/early-mine, there's nothing to see here.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:15:56 AM

Back to the point: until Craig W. (or someone) comes up with proof that he has access to the Satoshi addresses containing the BTC pre/ninja/early-mine, there's nothing to see here.

Ha! this, I haven't seen any kind of prove that convinces me that this Craig guy is the original satoshi.
Ever since bitcoin became to be, the people who adapted to it, the people who keep bitcoin alive, are satoshi.

BerndBrot

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:29:08 AM

It's confirmed now (by SGI) the supercomputer doesn't exist. Everything is forged. /close
ultimatesky

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

SkyFall

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:46:09 AM

For me, there's not enough proof that he is satoshi, I doubt he is who he claims to be.
I doubt that the real satoshi will ever come out and make it public.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:33:18 AM

This whole thread is needless!
As long as Craig Wright doesn't proove that he is Satoshi, sign with his keys, move part form the first coins, there's absolutely no reason to talk what a return of Satoshi could mean.
I personally believe that guy is nothing more thana big scam artist!It's all just bla bla bla and no really hard true evidence so far!
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:47:12 PM

As long as Craig Wright doesn't proove that he is Satoshi, sign with his keys, move part form the first coins, there's absolutely no reason to talk what a return of Satoshi could mean.
I personally believe that guy is nothing more thana big scam artist!It's all just bla bla bla and no really hard true evidence so far!
But the concept of this whole thread really doesn't have anything to do with Satoshi.  It has to do with revelations made by Craig, thathave not only not been disproven, they have been PROVED: 

a) Operates a Supercomputer (15th/17th in world); also teaches Supercomputing Programming; the Supercomputer is engaged in Bitcoin Modeling
B) Has a lot of bitcoins, and plans to start Bitcoin Bank
C) Implies advanced knowledge of Coding / Machine Code / Turing capability in Bitcoin
D) Says he is soon to release papers

All of the above are facts totally unrelated to the issue of proof regarding whether he is or is not Satoshi (although he probably is part of Satoshi)

So.... I personally believe you that what you believe (that being an approach of dismissive I am putting my head in the sand as to all facts because they threaten my safe conceptual cocoon) is irrelevant.   ppppppppppppppp
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:05:43 PM

But the concept of this whole thread really doesn't have anything to do with Satoshi. 
<snip>

What the Return of Satoshi (aka Craig Wright) really means?

Roll Eyes

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:22:11 AM

Wright is a scammer. Even his "supercomputer" it seems to be fake.. Tongue

http://www.zdnet.com/article/sgi-denies-links-with-alleged-bitcoin-founder-craig-wright/#oo

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:45:41 AM

http://www.zdnet.com/article/sgi-denies-links-with-alleged-bitcoin-founder-craig-wright/#oo

Not only this, but it seems some of the stuff in his resume was also fake, as reported in the new update by mashable.com, apparently he isn't even a Dr.

UPDATE: Friday, Dec. 11, 4:24 p.m.: Charles Sturt University denies some of Craig Wright's claims regarding his education at the university, including that he completed a thesis.

http://mashable.com/2015/12/10/bitcoin-satoshi-nakamoto-craig-wright/#rYl7EY79JSqQ

This is absolutely outrageous.
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:54:42 AM

There was never a return of satoshi. We are all satoshi Grin

I don't think it will change anything. Maybe it will drive the price up, as people will trust bitcoin. Satoshi isn't really that important right now. He created bitcoin, but he note has no hand in it.

Overall, satoshi is overrated.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:02:38 AM

Direct Quote from Article, directly quoting the SGI EVP:  

""SGI has no record of the CO1N supercomputer ever being purchased or serviced from SGI, therefore SGI suspects it may have been purchased on the grey market."

That's a far cry from saying it doesn't exist.  Of course it exists - the ownership records are public domain, as it the record in the Top 500.  Bloody Idiots.

I can assure you that as a person who has sold grey market SGI, this is not uncommon.  Not quite as common as selling used laptops on Craigslist, but really no different in the end.  I think what we really get out of this is that there is a rather concerted effort to ignore the obvious, in favor of simple mass media hypnosis.  Ok, everyone bleat in unison, "Baaahhhhh".  ROFL.  

There are so many competing forces that benefit from Craig/Satoshi not being a known entity, capable of throwing out potentially disrupting ideas.  And there is Craig/Satoshi himself..... I imagine he might appreciate being able to hide in the grey area.  My guess is that in time he might see it differently.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:13:59 AM

chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:32:18 AM

""SGI has no record of the CO1N supercomputer ever being purchased or serviced from SGI, therefore SGI suspects it may have been purchased on the grey market."

That's a far cry from saying it doesn't exist.  Of course it exists - the ownership records are public domain, as it the record in the Top 500.  Bloody Idiots.

I can assure you that as a person who has sold grey market SGI, this is not uncommon.  Not quite as common as selling used laptops on Craigslist, but really no different in the end.  I think what we really get out of this is that there is a rather concerted effort to ignore the obvious, in favor of simple mass media hypnosis.  Ok, everyone bleat in unison, "Baaahhhhh".  ROFL.  

There are so many competing forces that benefit from Craig/Satoshi not being a known entity, capable of throwing out potentially disrupting ideas.  And there is Craig/Satoshi himself..... I imagine he might appreciate being able to hide in the grey area.  My guess is that in time he might see it differently.

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/544431/how-to-spot-bitcoin-inventor-satoshi-nakamoto/?tf=0#oo

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:41:23 AM

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/544431/how-to-spot-bitcoin-inventor-satoshi-nakamoto/?tf=0#oo
An opinion from a man that knows Craig/Satoshi.  Now, if Craig/Satoshi was slick enough to pull this scam (remember this is a multi-year scam supposedly involving many accomplices) then I wonder if he could convince an old friend (possibly a co-Satoshi himself) to write a rebuttal to his identity.  

Or this could be genuine, and the esteemed Cornell Professor simply having a brief lapse in intelligence, and not considering that Craig/Satoshi was simply one piece of the Team-Craig/Satoshi, each adding various expertise, thereby providing a simple answer to the seemingly obvious paradoxes provided by said esteemed professor.

Again, lots of people ignoring obvious facts, and relying on conjecture.  This entire denial is quite stretched it seems Smiley
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:50:26 AM

OP title reveals the intentions behind this thread aren't scientific but purely FUD. If Satoshi was back, I would agree it would be bad in several ways. Until there is proof (a signed message or moved coins) Satoshi remains absent and a myth. Rising prices seem to support the idea that the general consent is him being a fraudster. \thread
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:58:55 AM

OP title reveals the intentions behind this thread aren't scientific but purely FUD. If Satoshi was back, I would agree it would be bad in several ways. Until there is proof (a signed message or moved coins) Satoshi remains absent and a myth. Rising prices seem to support the idea that the general consent is him being a fraudster. \thread

OP certainly has an agenda. Who has what to gain from this thing?

keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:06:48 AM

OP certainly has an agenda. Who has what to gain from this thing?

Yes, I have repeatedly said I have an agenda.  Mine to know.  Yours to find out.  Sort of like Satoshi.  Nonya business!

And the only FUD here is the over-the-top-weak-attempt-at-discredidation of Craig/Satoshi.  I mean, it isn't me developing these hypothetical conspiracy/scam/fraud theories.  Thats all the bitcoin community.  I am the anti-FUD!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: