Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:13:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets?  (Read 51660 times)
jokerrj

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:54:42 PM

People have fear of loosing their bitcoins if they are stored in a single wallet, they have a fear of hackers and scammers and that is the reason they are using multiple wallets.

Looking for a long term signature campaign. Pm me
betohell

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:10:58 PM

I think companies like coinbase use a different wallet for every deposit so no one can track the amount of a customers deposits.  It's not all being put in the same wallet for deposit.
Yes but for us ordinary bitcoin users why should coined many bitcoin wallet?
I still do not understand what is the reason.
because for safety mate. most people say that. you will not lose all your money, if one day the purse was hacked.

kartaggen

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:23:19 PM

I think companies like coinbase use a different wallet for every deposit so no one can track the amount of a customers deposits.  It's not all being put in the same wallet for deposit.
because for safety mate. most people say that. you will not lose all your money, if one day the purse was hacked.

Yeah, and its better to have multiple wallets rather then having a single, because having multiple wallets will diversify your risk, even if your one wallet gets hacked rest of them are safe.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 06:14:03 PM

Yeah, and its better to have multiple wallets rather then having a single, because having multiple wallets will diversify your risk, even if your one wallet gets hacked rest of them are safe.

excactly, and it also increases your privacy.

If the hacker can track your wallets he might attempt to steal all from you, so you must keep them safe and isolated.

Ryananda

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 05:52:40 AM

excactly, and it also increases your privacy.

If the hacker can track your wallets he might attempt to steal all from you, so you must keep them safe and isolated.
For some of my wallet already implementing taste nice privacy. Perhaps that should be done is to improve security rather than making a lot of wallets. I think it's still very complicated.
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:50:27 AM

Well, have many wallets also not good though. I mean if you want collect all your bitcoin into 1 wallet, you need pay the fee for transaction.
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 06:51:47 AM

each wallet have unique plus feature example :
-blockchain give full acces to your bitcoin wallet and you can change the fee to zero or 1000satosi
-coinbase give acces to create sign message , zero fee, but tracking your transaction.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:04:42 AM

Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.

Well for me it's because multibit HD just says that after receiving 1 transaction in a wallet.
The wallet is not safe anymore and I should use a new wallet.

Also downloaded Electrum today and I must say it is working quite well.
Only confusing for me is the transaction cost are quite high.

its the address to be not reused not the wallet. The wallet has hardly anything to do with eachother.

Electrum is lightweight and easier to use, make sure you remember the seed.
I think some people use different bitcoin wallets to increase their self earning perhaps and I am sure some people might do so as well in future. I don't know if this can help to which extent in way of growth in earning on bit coins.
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 07:59:01 AM

The only 2 Bitcoin wallets that I use are my trezor wallet and my coinbase wallet. I keep most in my trezor, and a small amount in my coinbase wallet.
pneumatic5

Activity: 238

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 09:29:23 AM

Well, have many wallets also not good though. I mean if you want collect all your bitcoin into 1 wallet, you need pay the fee for transaction.

Yes but its always better to have multiple wallets, as if your one wallet is damaged then your coins in other wallets are safe and you don't loose everything.

Cabapzarf

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 09:49:39 AM

The only 2 Bitcoin wallets that I use are my trezor wallet and my coinbase wallet. I keep most in my trezor, and a small amount in my coinbase wallet.

Do you think these are safe wallets. Is it OK to let others control your money? I hold the coins in the Core wallets.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:40:26 AM

Well I hold multiple wallets for several purposes.
A trading wallet
A savings wallet
A wallet for spendings and deposits

It's not very much, but it makes things easier to track.

ronaldo5

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 10:59:26 AM

If you look at each wallet you will mostly see focus in a certain aspect, for example electrum on speed and ease of use and armory on security etc... I think this is why people use many different wallets.
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:32:08 PM

Well I hold multiple wallets for several purposes.
A trading wallet
A savings wallet
A wallet for spendings and deposits

It's not very much, but it makes things easier to track.
I think you do not need to make a lot of wallets. for a specific function. you can directly use another address in one wallet. and add information in the address. it will be easier and simpler
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 01:48:13 PM

well i am using multiple wallets because of their different functionalities. like using blockchain.info because it is an online web wallet which i trust with small amounts and i also use paper wallet for the cold storage and safety.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 03:57:35 PM

If you look at each wallet you will mostly see focus in a certain aspect, for example electrum on speed and ease of use and armory on security etc... I think this is why people use many different wallets.
yeah because every purse has the advantages of each. blockchain has the advantage of a very simple and safe, you can do a full control on your wallet. such as wallet import and export, etc
and there is also xapo. with no transaction fee. varies widely
Imoote

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:31:44 PM

well i am using multiple wallets because of their different functionalities. like using blockchain.info because it is an online web wallet which i trust with small amounts and i also use paper wallet for the cold storage and safety.

Yes maybe if you use a lot of wallet with the usability of each was better to see revenues from anywhere.
But if you use a lot of the same function wallet but I think it's all useless.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:39:33 PM

Because people like it to use it. It is very good to use and it works very easy. I hope later more people will use it.
And that the value will also rise and that Bitcoin is also later more popular, that will be good.
chaser15
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 02:57:24 PM

Because people like it to use it. It is very good to use and it works very easy. I hope later more people will use it.
And that the value will also rise and that Bitcoin is also later more popular, that will be good.

What is the connect of that statement if users like to use multiple wallets?  Huh

Majority of users like to have a multiple wallet because of such different purposes e.g gambling, cold wallet, hot wallet etc.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
breakers11

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:33:47 PM

Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.

I think they use for their businesses for many large transactions. But i am using only one wallet since i started using BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: