Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:42:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets?  (Read 51657 times)
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 01:28:09 AM

I think people use many bitcoin wallet because he wants more security. can be people that is one person who is very concerned with the security to save money, so he has a lot of bitcoin wallet

Most of the time yes, we do that, saving our coins into different wallets, aside from that some are also using different wallets for different transactions... It's easier to manage if you are receiving bitcoins in a specific wallet... Others use it not just for good but for their malicious doings...  Smiley
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 02:30:25 AM

I think people use many bitcoin wallet because he wants more security. can be people that is one person who is very concerned with the security to save money, so he has a lot of bitcoin wallet

Most of the time yes, we do that, saving our coins into different wallets, aside from that some are also using different wallets for different transactions... It's easier to manage if you are receiving bitcoins in a specific wallet... Others use it not just for good but for their malicious doings...  Smiley
another thing is some of us also using it in different ways like if we deal with gambling we are using another wallet to received the winnings and when we do trading another wallet is what we provide both for safety and for some personal reason why we use different wallet.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
justspare (OP)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 02:36:58 AM

After almost 1 year of posting this topic and people are still spamming on it. I think I now understand why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.
doraemon1

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:25:42 AM

I do it for safety reasons, I have a wallet on my phone with a small amount of BTC for buying stuff. I
also have a full encrypted wallet on my PC with the majority of coins in it. Currently I'm looking into
using some paper wallets to move some of the coins from my PC wallet into as a long term cold storage.
wintermeasures

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 04:37:55 AM

Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.
People Use Multiple Wallets For The Following Reasons:-
1) To Avoid the Risk of Funds Stolen Or Other Security Purpose...
2) For Using Different Wallets For Different Work Like Trading, Mining Etc....
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:00:21 AM

I use XAPO. They allow me to create multiple wallets. I not understand what is the purpose for this.
Can someone explain?
Thanks!

Basically, for extra security. We know Xapo is reliable in the first place, but if you make multiple wallets or multiple bitcoin addresses that would give you the benefit of being extra-anonymous since it will be more difficult to trace you.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:09:40 AM

I use XAPO. They allow me to create multiple wallets. I not understand what is the purpose for this.
Can someone explain?
Thanks!

Basically, for extra security. We know Xapo is reliable in the first place, but if you make multiple wallets or multiple bitcoin addresses that would give you the benefit of being extra-anonymous since it will be more difficult to trace you.

Very right. That is one of the main purpose of others. For me it is more like a divider of my income and capitals. I have one for my gambling games and another for trading. The money sent from this signature campaign is in different wallet too.
That way I can keep it organized and controlled.
jossiel

Activity: 3024
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:10:43 AM

People Use Multiple Wallets For The Following Reasons:-
1) To Avoid the Risk of Funds Stolen Or Other Security Purpose...
2) For Using Different Wallets For Different Work Like Trading, Mining Etc....

Those two reasons why many are creating multiple bitcoin wallets are reasonable and valid. That is all about security and bitcoin allocation.

Because many are already treating bitcoin wallets as a banks so they are creating again and again for allocation just like bitcoin wallet # 1 is created to receive payment for faucets.

And as well as other payments too for other bitcoin wallets.
hajimasan

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:29:47 AM

it is because to hide therr identity of transaction for there privacy . and also i think now no much need for use of suchh multiple wallet after the updated version of wallet of blockchain .
genos

Activity: 574

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:37:32 AM

Some people use many Bitcoin wallet specially those people who wants to earn a lot of bitcoin every week for signature campaign plus many accounts here in bitcointalk. As for me i only use 1 Bitcoin wallet , 1 is enough for me to received and send bitcoins.
it is very possible. bitcoin wallet reproduce address can also bring opportunities to earn more money. we are free to use it. it is a choice.
Yeah May be that is right but use so many bitcoin wallet will make them get higher fee cost. but If they do this becouse of security . It could be the best way,becouse everithing in the internet is could be hacked by some one who know about how this texhnology work.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀███▀████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▀▄█████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▄█▄▀████

███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀█████
███          ▀███   ████████   ██    ▀█████████   ██           ▀████   █████
███   █████▄   ██   ████████   ██      ▀███████   ██   ██████▄   ███   █████
███   ██████   ██   ████████   ██   █▄   ▀█████   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███   █████▀   ██   ████████   ██   ███▄   ▀███   ██   ████████   ██   █████
███          ▄███   ▀██████▀   ██   █████▄   ▀█   ██   ███████▀   ██   █████
███   ▄▄▄▄▄███████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███   ███████▄      ██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████
███   █████████████▄        ▄████   █████████▄    ██        ▄▄▄█████   █████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency.██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
[[[ Whitepaper    Twitter     Facebook]]]
[[[  Telegram      Medium     Youtube ]]]
olubams

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:40:12 AM

Some people use many Bitcoin wallet specially those people who wants to earn a lot of bitcoin every week for signature campaign plus many accounts here in bitcointalk. As for me i only use 1 Bitcoin wallet , 1 is enough for me to received and send bitcoins.
it is very possible. bitcoin wallet reproduce address can also bring opportunities to earn more money. we are free to use it. it is a choice.

I believe the sole reason why any most people are here is primarily to earn some Bitcoin in which when you do you cant keep in your hand or get into your mail like PAYPAL but into your bank account which in this case your wallet which can be online (mostly popular and very flexible recommended for newbies) or offline used by average and pro-users. This wallet now generates addresses that can be used to receive money for different purposes and also to avoid tracking of your funds...
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 05:55:54 AM

i didn't notice or maybe it depends on the user. sometimes they use it to avoid detection on something they're involved.
i've using only two.
diegz

Activity: 798

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 06:00:54 AM

i didn't notice or maybe it depends on the user. sometimes they use it to avoid detection on something they're involved.
i've using only two.

Well, that's the bad motive of someone who is doing something not good.. But for our good benefit, it is wise to use many wallets if we have big amount of bitcoin. That would secure our investments compared to just keeping it in just one wallet.

ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:20:27 AM

Yeah May be that is right but use so many bitcoin wallet will make them get higher fee cost. but If they do this becouse of security . It could be the best way,becouse everithing in the internet is could be hacked by some one who know about how this texhnology work.
Lol is it you think that after you generete bitcoin address in a later comes a bitcoin wallet for free from the new address you made? lol I think it is impossible happen and I think it never happened in the history of bitcoin. I think a lot of functions using the wallet is none other than to secure their bitcoin
Bradexterb

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:23:40 AM

Lol is it you think that after you generete bitcoin address in a later comes a bitcoin wallet for free from the new address you made? lol I think it is impossible happen and I think it never happened in the history of bitcoin. I think a lot of functions using the wallet is none other than to secure their bitcoin
Lots of people are using the wallets just for their coins off course thery want to store their coins in the right way and they think that bitcoin wallets can be trusted but i dont think that is right.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 07:38:04 AM

Yeah dude you are absolutely right in this case, using multiple bitcoin wallet to get secure but what the bossmacko said is if someone have so many bitcoin wallet  especially for join many signatures campaign too. It is a good trick to join few signatures campaign at the same time because if your alternative account has the same bitcoin address with your primary account , both of your account will detected as yours. But it different if you have some bitcointalk account with some different address too each other.
But in my point of view joining in the few signatures campaign at the same time with some different account is need much time to work that. If you focus to earning bitcoin through signatures campaign you must do it seriously.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 08:08:03 AM

I think people like to feel more secure in using a lot of different wallets or they may have different wallets used for different purposes, otherwise I am not sure for what other reasons one would use more than one bitcoin wallet.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
WarThunder

Activity: 265

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 08:11:22 PM

I think people like to feel more secure in using a lot of different wallets or they may have different wallets used for different purposes, otherwise I am not sure for what other reasons one would use more than one bitcoin wallet.
There are purses that make some restrictions in this case are some excellent conditions for use. Therefore, users can choose several purses for different purposes.
Rastaman2016

Activity: 247

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 08:26:44 PM

There are purses that make some restrictions in this case are some excellent conditions for use. Therefore, users can choose several purses for different purposes.
This only adds more confusion. I do not agree that you need a lot of purses. This only exacerbates the situation.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 09:18:54 PM

Its indeed that they are feeling than more secure because they than do not have it all on one wallet, I think its good that they do this and that more people should do it.
Its safer and due to that there are less more risks to get hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: