Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:08:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacking KNC Titan / Jupiter / Neptune miners back to life. Why not?  (Read 76590 times)
lightfoot (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:39:49 AM
Merited by Searing (1)

Cool ...not sure you how you did that...now for your next trick ...see if you can get permission to move SWEDISH ASIC MINERS for the same reason from the moderators in that it is a DEAD AND NO LONGER CONTROLLED BY AN OP THREAD....make a case
Oddly enough I didn't do it, I think the other mod did it, which was very nice of him to put this thread where it belongs so he doesn't have to worry about it anymore.

Ask him and Therymos to move the KNC one as well, hopefully the alt people won't have a problem with Meptune posts as they can also mine Bitcoin Trash. And hopefully saying that is ok in this forum. Hm....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:48:48 AM

Cool ...not sure you how you did that...now for your next trick ...see if you can get permission to move SWEDISH ASIC MINERS for the same reason from the moderators in that it is a DEAD AND NO LONGER CONTROLLED BY AN OP THREAD....make a case
Oddly enough I didn't do it, I think the other mod did it, which was very nice of him to put this thread where it belongs so he doesn't have to worry about it anymore.

Ask him and Therymos to move the KNC one as well, hopefully the alt people won't have a problem with Meptune posts as they can also mine Bitcoin Trash. And hopefully saying that is ok in this forum. Hm....

As a thread OP you should ask about that..I know in the past they have given out to new OP's dead threads..don't know the protocol for such though..unlikely but worth a shot IMHO,

(where would I have been w/o the garlicoin post and scrypt-N on the thread....shudder....ha ha...I can talk about any sh*tcoin like garlicoin or whatever I want now!) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:56:51 AM

I own 3 Jupiters, 1 Neptune and also had 1 Titan.  the Titan controller board died so I replaced it with one of my Jupiter's controller board, and recently the Neptune's controller died and again replaced it with one of my other Jupiter controller boards.  All controllers are same.

If you still want pictures let me know and I can take some for you, but they're all going to look exactly the same.

Fantastic!!! I'm so glad that knc did that. Well that really opens things up for me, thanks for sharing. No need for the pics, thanks again.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to remove off-topic portions of the post.)

My god, someone take the damn whistle off this mod. I'm so gob smacked at a mod editing posts. I think they are drunk because it says it was edited but as far as i can tell it was only edited with the addition of their text saying it was edited...I'm so confused, so appalled! I think i might not log in again. I'm actually really creeped out that one person gets to edit peoples posts. Thats so freaking scary, with high amounts of wrong.

Bye all.

May as well edit this post too!!!

I'd like to hear some specific criticisms of the code. To me it looks like an impressive job, although I'd wish for more comments. Now I've mostly studied the init, main, script and a bit of net modules. This is some powerful machinery.
That means a lot coming from you, Hal.  Thanks.

Yeah....thought so!
lightfoot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:52:30 AM

Note: As the OP of this thread and the guy who has been supporting these things for years I am always concerned about changing the contents of posts. That can affect the accuracy of information which is why I leave all my research and notes intact.

If that data can be changed arbitrarially then I need to rethink using this as a source of record. Hm. Maybe we need a forum that is secured by some sort of chain of transactions, where each post is written on a sort of a chain of blocks and can't be modified after a certain point, by anyone. That would allow for a high degree of repudibility about the source of the information.

Any idea what we could use? I'd say some sort of block chain, maybe we can secure it with all these Titans lying around.

(And such begins another altcoin. Which is ok since this is in the altcoin section)
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3521

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:32:56 PM

Note: As the OP of this thread and the guy who has been supporting these things for years I am always concerned about changing the contents of posts. That can affect the accuracy of information which is why I leave all my research and notes intact.

If that data can be changed arbitrarially then I need to rethink using this as a source of record. Hm. Maybe we need a forum that is secured by some sort of chain of transactions, where each post is written on a sort of a chain of blocks and can't be modified after a certain point, by anyone. That would allow for a high degree of repudibility about the source of the information.

Any idea what we could use? I'd say some sort of block chain, maybe we can secure it with all these Titans lying around.

(And such begins another altcoin. Which is ok since this is in the altcoin section)

maybe something like copy the text of each post to pastebin, then post that link at the bottom of each post here. maybe sign it with pgp for good measure. dunno how long stuff stays on pastebin, never used it. or rent a web server and copy each post to that, again with a link and verified via pgp.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:44:32 PM

Thought I sent a PM of this...but was curious about the 2 different ways the red (always on under pi) LCD acts on two different working Titans.

see below:

Hey, I have 2 5 cube titans in my basement...

One has been running since March 2015 no issues...the RED led under the board lite...the usual.....is always ON....no flash/flicker etc

On the other hand, the Titan that has been running since Nov 8th 2014...it has the red lite flicker about 50% of the time on/off

both units are full out at 400mh and running fine...so that is not an issue

just wondering if it means anything and/or maybe it has run so long I've worn out the LCD?

again the little red lite that on MOST titans is solid on all the time...on the above it flickers like a floppy drive in use...jitterbugs all over the place!

not really a concern, just making sure it is not a symptom of something else that is gonna go ....like the SD card or something

thanks

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
lightfoot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:19:50 AM

Yeah just busy. That LED is controlled by software (you can log in and there's a command to turn them on and off, I forget what it is, but it's easy to spot) but it might be possible the fpga power chip is going weird. Is the FPGA warm?

C
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:42:27 AM

Yeah just busy. That LED is controlled by software (you can log in and there's a command to turn them on and off, I forget what it is, but it's easy to spot) but it might be possible the fpga power chip is going weird. Is the FPGA warm?

C

Hell, I've no idea...it mines like a sun of a b*tch...and gets 415 mh on 5 cubes (with 2 dies off) so screaming.....no errors..runs months at a time..w/o reboot

and has been running 24/7 with 4 cubes in 2015 and 6 cubes till 6 months ago and now 5 cubes ...for the above 415mh rate...

this since Nov 8th 2014 ...

I think it is just p*ssed...it was supposed to be dead in 90 days (according to original warranty by knc...they forgot to change the web page so that was

made 1 year) so 90 days and that was about 3 years and 4 months ago....yeah....me thinks it is just p*ssed off it still works

the server gerbils in the hamster wheel that runs the evil knc miner.....might be ready to mutiny...(that is why I have 6 spare boards...no idea why I have

6 spare boards....but I do)

*my life is befuddling and odd*

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:07:30 PM

Not sure how SAFE these links are (and/or programs) CHECK FOR MALWARE/VIRUSES!

But, if the links below are legit, figured it was worth posting on here as a resource

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/forum/Thread/1046

the usual knc miner firrmware links etc and such for their products as downloads

anyway, if for some reason is it Virus city....let me know I'll delete this post.but for those who need these bits of

firmware, occasionally yet Smiley

bigadon

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:31:43 AM

C

Hi lightfoot

Sent you a pm. I too am seeking a controller board.
If anyone has one for sale please send me a pm.

Thanks
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:43:58 PM

hey man sent the A4 just making sure you got it there is no rush fixing if you can just want a make sure you got it ,take as long as you need to ,  i won't ask again for three weeks at least unless you say something first.

sent a pm asking the same thing.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
hinvestmentgroup

Activity: 23
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:51:20 PM

For Titan anyways looks like you can still get them off GitHub which I would assume would be a reasonable source.  May have the others there as well?

https://github.com/KnCMiner/titan/releases

Not sure how SAFE these links are (and/or programs) CHECK FOR MALWARE/VIRUSES!

But, if the links below are legit, figured it was worth posting on here as a resource

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/forum/Thread/1046

the usual knc miner firrmware links etc and such for their products as downloads

anyway, if for some reason is it Virus city....let me know I'll delete this post.but for those who need these bits of

firmware, occasionally yet Smiley

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 04:18:23 AM

C

Hi lightfoot

Sent you a pm. I too am seeking a controller board.
If anyone has one for sale please send me a pm.

Thanks

IF your titan board died...I'd yank the titan daughterboard off...get lightfoots BBB firmware to replace....and see if your BBB works with that..usually the daughterboard is what

blows up.... contact lightfoot for his firmware link..this would be the quickest way to get your stuff back up ...if indeed your BBB is not blown...win/win

again, I'd help no time...in middle of taxes.....but this may be a reasonable way to approach this..with lightfoots help and if you BBB and the 6port board on the titan

is not blown

lightfoot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 12:04:52 PM

hey man sent the A4 just making sure you got it there is no rush fixing if you can just want a make sure you got it ,take as long as you need to ,  i won't ask again for three weeks at least unless you say something first.

sent a pm asking the same thing.

Yep, got it. Just need to finish this Neptune board on the bench (yes, people still send in Neptunes from time to time, which means this thread show now go back to bitcoins :-) and I can take a look at it. Can you describe what's wrong with it and why it died?
tommy1033

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:42:10 AM

Iv been looking trough this tread a couple of times , and was wondering if Gentarkin`s mod work with your BBB firmware and where i could get a hold of your BBB firmware ?
my brand new corsair rm750I fried my raspberry and the card it connects too.
lightfoot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:25:34 AM

Iv been looking trough this tread a couple of times , and was wondering if Gentarkin`s mod work with your BBB firmware and where i could get a hold of your BBB firmware ?
Probably wasn't the power supply; the Pi tends to blow up the bridge card. And since the Pi can run Neptune code because I did it for fun, it's perfectly acceptable on either Alt or bitcoin forums.

PM me and I'll send you a link for the code for free. Donate if you think it's cool.

As for Tarkin's code, probably not. I might be able to duplicate it but that wouldn't be too fair.

C
tommy1033

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:43:30 AM

Probably wasn't the power supply; the Pi tends to blow up the bridge card. And since the Pi can run Neptune code because I did it for fun, it's perfectly acceptable on either Alt or bitcoin forums.

PM me and I'll send you a link for the code for free. Donate if you think it's cool.

As for Tarkin's code, probably not. I might be able to duplicate it but that wouldn't be too fair.

C
sendt you a pm at the 27. think i might have used the limit for today , just figured out you was busy, drowning in broken miners.
btw , do you by any chance have any complete controllers with bridge card ? was thinking too have a spare or two, my miner has been down for 2-3 weeks now
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:43:02 AM

C
sendt you a pm at the 27. think i might have used the limit for today , just figured out you was busy, drowning in broken miners.
btw , do you by any chance have any complete controllers with bridge card ? was thinking too have a spare or two, my miner has been down for 2-3 weeks now

I sent you the BBB you can put that on the bottom 4 port or 6 port knc board with the daughter board off and use lightfoots BBB titan software to run your titans

bridge cards are spendy FYI...guick and dirty would be this method..which lightfoot says works fine BBB to titan SD card wise..

ask lightfoot details

brad

tommy1033

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:29:19 AM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 08:07:18 AM by tommy1033

C
btw , do you by any chance have any complete controllers with bridge card or a BBB ? was thinking too have a spare or two, my miner has been down for 2-3 weeks now

I sent you the BBB you can put that on the bottom 4 port or 6 port knc board with the daughter board off and use lightfoots BBB titan software to run your titans

bridge cards are spendy FYI...guick and dirty would be this method..which lightfoot says works fine BBB to titan SD card wise..

ask lightfoot details

brad

got 10 cubes so was just thinking about getting a spare if another bridge board would start blowing smoke or a controller, with my luck.
lightfoot (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:45:49 PM

Pretty busy, but I must have missed that particular request. A public link is:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iz0z2bpzpcetpil/knc-lightfoot%204gb%20version.7z?dl=0

But those tend to blow up and not work, so pm me your email address and I'll send you a private link to download.

As for controllers, I'll check.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: