Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:03:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fascists That Surround You  (Read 9685 times)
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 08:05:11 PM

As I said, you will find sociopaths in a fascistic government, just as you will find roses in a garden. That is the relation.

You will find individuals with psychological disorder in other political regimes as well. This does not prove that there is an exclusive relationship of fascism with sociopathy. It only proves that individuals with psychological disorder can be found participating in any political regime. You are failing to explain what is the relationship between fascism and sociopathy.

Because it gives power to anyone who can get elected, or otherwise seize that power, a skill at which sociopaths excel.

You answer is literally the same nonsense implying that sociopaths are individuals conspiring to overtake a political regime.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 08:54:38 PM

As I said, you will find sociopaths in a fascistic government, just as you will find roses in a garden. That is the relation.

You will find individuals with psychological disorder in other political regimes as well. This does not prove that there is an exclusive relationship of fascism with sociopathy.
No one ever did, except in the straw man you made up in your head so you could knock it down with definitions.

It only proves that individuals with psychological disorder can be found participating in any political regime. You are failing to explain what is the relationship between fascism and sociopathy.
Fascism:Sociopaths::Garden:Roses.

Because it gives power to anyone who can get elected, or otherwise seize that power, a skill at which sociopaths excel.

You answer is literally the same nonsense implying that sociopaths are individuals conspiring to overtake a political regime.
So, again, is your argument that the sociopaths won't want the power, or that the government does not provide a means to that power?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 09:21:05 PM

You will find individuals with psychological disorder in other political regimes as well. This does not prove that there is an exclusive relationship of fascism with sociopathy.
No one ever did, except in the straw man you made up in your head so you could knock it down with definitions.

It only proves that individuals with psychological disorder can be found participating in any political regime. You are failing to explain what is the relationship between fascism and sociopathy.
Fascism:Sociopaths::Garden:Roses.

So, again, is your argument that the sociopaths won't want the power, or that the government does not provide a means to that power?

He has no argument -- only hate for you, because you've stated that Daddy Gummint (the authority figures) is a sociopath, and how dare you say that about Daddy?  Ergo, he won't engage with you rationally -- he will only try to defame and discredit you.
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 09:22:02 PM

To establish fascism, one group needs the other, and vice versa.  It should come as no surprise that Altemeyer has discovered what traits make a person a member of any of those groups, and how terrifyingly high the modern time's incidence of Social Dominance and Authoritarianism is.  The asshats in this forum that collude to try and sabotage voluntaryist conversations (augustocrappo, blatherblatherblather, firstascent, I'd give you the whole list but I'm lazy) are almost assuredly Authoritarians by Altemeyer's definition in his research.

Voluntaryist? You mean some website or the dictionary definition? If the former, the website has made no claim to this thread. If the latter, then the idea is vague. Participate in the thread voluntarily? Or perhaps there is some notice that says only those who volunteer can participate?

Regarding collusion, you mean collusion by those who subscribe to the ideas of some website? Like various individuals here? I'm sorry, but if ever I experienced the butt end of asshatted remarks, I would say it would be you making the asshatted remarks.

Please don't imply or directly state that I am an asshat again. At best, your statement is hypocrisy, and at worst, an admission of your own asshattery, regardless of what I am.
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 09:25:36 PM

Please don't imply or directly state that I am an asshat again. At best, your statement is hypocrisy, and at worst, an admission of your own asshattery, regardless of what I am.

I'll say it in big letters so you won't miss it:

You are an asshat.

You openly accuse people like me and other people in this thread of being "a breeding ground for criminal organizations".  You are a liar and a scumbag who badmouths people solely because they don't share your religious sycophancy of authority.

I've said it before. I believe AnCap is a breeding ground for criminal organizations. It's the ultimate petri dish for unethical behavior, power plays, crime, gangs, etc.

Fuck you.  Suck a bag of dicks, shithead.

Killfile'd.
FirstAscent

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 09:27:37 PM

You are an asshat.  You openly accuse people like me and other people in this thread of being "a breeding ground for criminal organizations".

I've said it before. I believe AnCap is a breeding ground for criminal organizations. It's the ultimate petri dish for unethical behavior, power plays, crime, gangs, etc.

Fuck you.  Suck a bag of dicks, shithead.

Killfile'd.

Note your last post before this one. How hypocritical.
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 09:34:18 PM

Anyone who's made it through the second video should find this thread throughly amusing so far.

I did not even watched the first video and I find you very pathetic.
Arguing from an admitted position of ignorance is not a good idea.

I was not arguing, I was calling him pathetic. He did not made any argument. I am not interested to guess what is his argument.
Then why are you in this thread, if you're not interested in the subject?

Because hate.  He hates you and me and everyone else who presents ideas that scare him.  He has issues and he chooses to soothe his emotions by attacking and insulting others rather than by actually choosing to heal.  That's why.

Not because of hate but because of correctness.
I, for one, see a lot of politically ideological people here on the forums misusing well defined words.

It's funny how easily people here hide behind a victim role when presented with truths about their argument.
In fact, justusranvier has only been whining in this thread about how he's buthurt that augustocroppo critisized him.
Instead he could have devoted one post and explained how fascism is connected to sociopaths and put the argument down but somehow that was not an option.
Instead he showed a pavlov butthurt reaction i usually associate with people talking out of their ass.

And now you start the 'hate' thing.
Ow ow, look, they are hatings you. Oh noes.
I never thought this word was used outside the scope of 16-year olds

Instead of that childish play i would like to ask you what the relation is between sociopaths and fascism.

BTW. The way the second video defines sociopathy is the actual problem here. The radio host assumes that a sociopath only feels 'the most primitive emotional sensations, you know, lust... fear and rage."
He completely misses the point that sociopaths don
I mean, this is complete bullshit and could not ever serve as a basis for a sound argument that connects sociopaths to fascism.
Honestly, this guy is trying to scare you to get better ratings. That's the only story here.
But hey, if there was a connection between sociopathy and fascism then you could tell me, right?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 09:38:01 PM

When rational discourse fails - and he tried - what is left?

You are an asshat. But I dislike echochambers, so rather than confine myself to libertarian and anarchist boards, I come here where I may be exposed to alternative viewpoints. If I ignored all the asshats on here, I might as well just head back to The Shire Society boards.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
FirstAscent

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 09:45:29 PM

You are an asshat. But I dislike echochambers, so rather than confine myself to libertarian and anarchist boards, I come here where I may be exposed to alternative viewpoints. If I ignored all the asshats on here, I might as well just head back to The Shire Society boards.

I seem to recall in the other popular thread poor behavior on his part. If you wish to be exposed to alternative viewpoints, you are on the wrong board. You ensconce yourself in a gang of people here just like you. I am the minority here. You are the one engaged in group think. And if I'm an asshat, you're twice an asshat, but ensconced as you are amongst your buddies here, you can scream it louder than me.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 09:50:49 PM

Sometimes the fascists that surround you actually do surround you.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 09:53:07 PM

I seem to recall in the other popular thread poor behavior on his part. If you wish to be exposed to alternative viewpoints, you are on the wrong board. You ensconce yourself in a gang of people here just like you. I am the minority here. You are the one engaged in group think. And if I'm an asshat, you're twice an asshat, but ensconced as you are amongst your buddies here, you can scream it louder than me.

This is the politics section of an alternative currency board. Bitcoin is bigger than libertarianism. There are some shared goals, and at least Neal Stephenson thinks Bitcoin-like currency spells the end of the State (Diamond Age), but anarchists are hardly the only ones interested in Bitcoin. Thus the fairly lively discussions when they're not ruined by asshats like yourself, who seek only to tear down others' ideas, rather than presenting your own.

FirstAscent

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 10:00:31 PM

This is the politics section of an alternative currency board. Bitcoin is bigger than libertarianism. There are some shared goals, and at least Neal Stephenson thinks Bitcoin-like currency spells the end of the State (Diamond Age), but anarchists are hardly the only ones interested in Bitcoin. Thus the fairly lively discussions when they're not ruined by asshats like yourself, who seek only to tear down others' ideas, rather than presenting your own.

I have an obligation to present ideas here? I can't just point out existing research, science and share such things? Gee, I didn't know. So I'm an asshat, because when I do such things, and the thugs here demand that I then write whole treatises on the subject, and when I don't comply, all that I've written is then deemed untrue and unsubstantiated, and then when that gets me riled, in the end, I'm just an asshat?

By the way, you're one of them, in a most guilty way. You demanded that I continue to educate you on ecology. You demanded like a petty childish brat.
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 10:03:04 PM

Very well said.

And yes, indeed, he is an asshat.  Grade A asshat.
FirstAscent

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 10:05:37 PM

Very well said.

And yes, indeed, he is an asshat.  Grade A asshat.

As if a gang of group-thinkers patting each other on the shoulder means anything at all.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 10:54:53 PM

I have an obligation to present ideas here? I can't just point out existing research, science and share such things? Gee, I didn't know. So I'm an asshat, because when I do such things, and the thugs here demand that I then write whole treatises on the subject, and when I don't comply, all that I've written is then deemed untrue and unsubstantiated, and then when that gets me riled, in the end, I'm just an asshat?

You've instructed us to buy books. I don't know if that counts as academic argument where you come from, but in my book, that's just advertisements.

FirstAscent

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 11:17:33 PM

You've instructed us to buy books. I don't know if that counts as academic argument where you come from, but in my book, that's just advertisements.

You recommended books. I did the same. Just because you couldn't find a method to freely consume them or were not motivated enough to learn science by going to the library does not mean they were advertisements. What a piece of shit attitude you have. What kind of person argues that suggested reading regarding science constitutes advertisements? How far off base are you with regard to more normal thought patterns anyway?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 11:29:46 PM

You recommended books. I did the same.
Yes, I recommended books. I also pointed out articles, and linked to Wikipedia pages that explained the concepts I was putting across. I also put out the effort to explain it myself. You? Amazon links.

FirstAscent

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 11:38:04 PM

You recommended books. I did the same.
Yes, I recommended books. I also pointed out articles, and linked to Wikipedia pages that explained the concepts I was putting across. I also put out the effort to explain it myself. You? Amazon links.

That's because they constitute a lot of content written by leaders in their fields. They're called books. You buy them, borrow them, or find them at university libraries or public libraries. And then you read them. One of the books has so much material in that it would take hundreds and hundreds of wikipedia pages. You can choose willful ignorance, or you can proactively prevent it. You chose the former, citing my recommendations as advertisements. I cannot help you as long as you choose to wear blinders.

You claim I pointed you to Amazon links. Next time, I'll point you to university database catalog entries, so you won't use such a childish and pathetic excuse to defend your own decision to remain ignorant.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 12:02:02 AM

You claim I pointed you to Amazon links. Next time, I'll point you to university database catalog entries, so you won't use such a childish and pathetic excuse to defend your own decision to remain ignorant.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it." - Albert Einstein

You were off to a good start there, for a second, but then I guess you got bored, or realized you had no idea what you were talking about, or something.

justusranvier (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 12:02:46 AM

I watched part 2 (sociopaths) today as I drove to work in my T/A.  It was a FANTASTIC video.  As usual, Stef hits it out of the ballpark.
Do you remember the part where he talks about how sociopaths respond to being unmasked?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: