Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:34:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fascists That Surround You  (Read 9685 times)
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 10:33:00 PM

I know someone who acts like a sociopath. He has the following qualities:

- Denies his past behavior when it is inconvenient for him
- Takes people to court all the time to sue for petty issues
- Vandalizes the property of people he has disputes with
- Has no empathy for other people's feelings
- Never maintains a friendship with people once they discover what he's really like
- Always makes sure he pays less than the other guy in mutual outings
- Pesters eternally until the other party gives in to his demands
- Has poisoned animals as revenge for deals or arguments that didn't go his way
- Mistreats pets
- Abuses family
- Does not ever care if his actions inconvenience others
- Is tighter beyond belief with his money
- Does not care how others perceive him or his actions
- Forces other people to do things against their will if he has leverage
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 10:48:56 PM

I know someone who acts like a sociopath. He has the following qualities:

- Denies his past behavior when it is inconvenient for him
- Takes people to court all the time to sue for petty issues
- Vandalizes the property of people he has disputes with
- Has no empathy for other people's feelings
- Never maintains a friendship with people once they discover what he's really like
- Always makes sure he pays less than the other guy in mutual outings
- Pesters eternally until the other party gives in to his demands
- Has poisoned animals as revenge for deals or arguments that didn't go his way
- Mistreats pets
- Abuses family
- Does not ever care if his actions inconvenience others
- Is tighter beyond belief with his money
- Does not care how others perceive him or his actions
- Forces other people to do things against their will if he has leverage
I'm glad you've decided to finally admit you have a problem.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 10:54:15 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
da2ce7
Legendary

Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016

Live and Let Live

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 09:25:44 AM

I love these threads, two more for my ignore list: FirstAscent and augustocroppo.

One off NP-Hard.
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 09:18:39 PM

I love these threads, two more for my ignore list: FirstAscent and augustocroppo.

Hooray!

I also love these threads because they cause the sociopaths to identify themselves.
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 01:43:21 PM

These two videos discuss the prevalence of sociopaths in society, how they disguise themselves, and the lengths they'll go to in order to avoid detection.

The Fascists That Surround You - Part 1
The Fascists That Surround You - Part 2: Sociopaths

What fascism have anything to do with sociopaths?
Fascism:Sociopaths::Garden:Roses.

The Dunning-Kruger experiments (mentioned in the first video) show that people who are bad at something not only grossly overestimate their own abilities but also miss the meta-cognitive skills to recognize their mistakes and fail to recognize competence in their peers.

While the plants in the garden worship the roses, they fail to recognize the wisdom of the trees. If they did, the garden could blossom into a forest, creating a complex ecosystem where many more species could develop and thrive.

I guess the roses are not the real problem. The plants are.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 06:33:55 PM

These two videos discuss the prevalence of sociopaths in society, how they disguise themselves, and the lengths they'll go to in order to avoid detection.

The Fascists That Surround You - Part 1
The Fascists That Surround You - Part 2: Sociopaths

What fascism have anything to do with sociopaths?
Fascism:Sociopaths::Garden:Roses.

The Dunning-Kruger experiments (mentioned in the first video) show that people who are bad at something not only grossly overestimate their own abilities but also miss the meta-cognitive skills to recognize their mistakes and fail to recognize competence in their peers.

While the plants in the garden worship the roses, they fail to recognize the wisdom of the trees. If they did, the garden could blossom into a forest, creating a complex ecosystem where many more species could develop and thrive.

Well said.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 07:25:04 PM

Well said.

Yes, well done, the analogy became more stupid than before!

Plants do not worship roses and gardens are not made to become forests.
justusranvier (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 06:16:34 AM

OP updated to include part 3.
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 09:17:43 AM

Hell yeah! Thanks!

Bmup!!!
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 09:58:31 AM

Hell yeah! Thanks!

Bmup!!!

The brain researcher mentioned at the start of part 3 is featured in this episode of Through the Wormhole:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZjc5VwSlzA
Good episode, especially the stuff with the kids.

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 02:50:39 PM

The brain researcher mentioned at the start of part 3 is featured in this episode of Through the Wormhole:

I am still waiting you to prove that I made a straw man. Where is the post where I said you were equaling fascists with sociopath?

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 04:16:06 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2012, 05:18:09 PM by myrkul

You're kidding, right? Your whole argument is predicated on the fact that the words mean different things, and are in your mind therefore unrelated:

I care for textual definitions. You are producing a false relation between two different definitions.

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:47:49 PM

You're kidding, right?

I am not.

I am asking you to prove that your allegation of straw man is right, that I limited your original argument to:

Fascism = Sociopaths

All you have to do is show the quote where I suggested that. If you cannot show the quote, you should admit that I did not resort to a straw man argument.

Yes there is: your claim that what I am saying is that fascism = sociopaths. since that's clearly false, and I never claimed that, That is a straw man, that you set up so you could knock down with definitions. Unless you are just a fucking moron, and can't understand an analogy. So which is it, Straw man, or moron?

Straw man.
Which you then attempted to defeat, in typical AugustoCrappo style, with dictionary definitions.

You also should offer your apologies for the lack of respect you show. My name is very important to me and I dislike people which try to subvert my name to offend me.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 05:05:48 PM

You're kidding, right?

I am not.

I am asking you to prove that your allegation of straw man is right, that I limited your original argument to:

Fascism = Sociopaths

All you have to do is show the quote where I suggested that.

I have already:
I care for textual definitions. You are producing a false relation between two different definitions.

You also should offer your apologies for the lack of respect you show. My name is very important to me and I dislike people which try to subvert my name to offend me.
Respect is earned. You have not. In fact, you have earned disrespect. You'll get no apologies from me, AugustoCrappo.

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 05:24:12 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2012, 02:10:42 AM by augustocroppo

I have already:

The quote do not show any claim that I said you were equaling fascism to sociopathy. That is the post I used to answer why I was participating in this thread.

Where is the post where I suggested that you were equaling fascism to sociopathy?

Respect is earned. You have not. In fact, you have earned disrespect. You'll get no apologies from me, AugustoCrappo.

Respect is also offered. You are not offering any respect.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 05:31:03 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2012, 05:51:36 PM by myrkul

I have already:

The quote do not show any claim that I said you were equaling fascism to sociopathy. That is the post I used to answer why I was participating in this thread.

Where is the post where I suggested that you were equaling fascism to sociopathy?

Respect is also offered. You are not offering any respect.
Nor will I, Asshole.

Does it make you feel like a big man to insult a defenseless child who is not even part of this conversation? Seriously, Fuck you. I'm done with you for good.

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 05:39:28 PM
Last edit: December 21, 2012, 02:11:03 AM by augustocroppo

Nor will I, Asshole.

Of course you will not. You are not going to admit that you made a mistake or that you were doing false allegations. Your arrogance is staggering. After all, you still think that you had earned respect by subverting definitions and user names...

Does it make you feel like a big man to attack a defenseless child who is not even part of this conversation? Seriously, Fuck you. I'm done with you for good.

I am only offering my respect for you.
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 06:13:36 PM

Fantastic, if blood-chilling, part 3 of the fascists around you series.  It starts off a little slow, but the second part is simply spot-on and well-paced.

I am impressed.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 06:21:41 PM

Fantastic, if blood-chilling, part 3 of the fascists around you series.  It starts off a little slow, but the second part is simply spot-on and well-paced.

I am impressed.

Easily rivals UPB for his best work.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: