Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:31:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dank Dream 2012  (Read 17365 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 12:21:41 AM

GeoIp tracking puts that IP in Bedminster, NJ.

Weird, it came up as Kansas for me using a different geolocator.  Made me wonder whether Kansas is two hours from Dallas where the Rolex was purchased (dank said his "friend" lived two hours away).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fgervais

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 12:24:58 AM

Weird, it came up as Kansas for me using a different geolocator.  Made me wonder whether Kansas is two hours from Dallas where the Rolex was purchased (dank said his "friend" lived two hours away).

Kansas as well for me, though IPs for cellphones are assigned in a weird way. The only relevant bit of relevant info is that he switched towers (and read my message twice, lolwut), so he was on the move.
repentance

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 12:26:06 AM

i'm legitimately concerned for dank and this girl that hes stalking.

Fortunately he only moved 100 miles away from home.  Hopefully he still has enough contact with his family that they'll realise something's wrong when he starts melting down.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
fgervais

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 12:31:10 AM

Fortunately he only moved 100 miles away from home.  Hopefully he still has enough contact with his family that they'll realise something's wrong when he starts melting down.

100 miles is a long way to go when a dude kicks in your door screaming "WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME?".
repentance

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 12:33:53 AM

For what it's worth, my mobile phone sometimes switches towers when I'm just chilling around at home for some reason I don't entirely understand and my mobile broadband connection frequently switches in response to network congestion.

fgervais

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 12:36:59 AM

For what it's worth, my mobile phone sometimes switches towers when I'm just chilling around at home for some reason I don't entirely understand and my mobile broadband connection frequently switches in response to network congestion.

Indeed. I was more curious about his useragent.
repentance

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 12:41:56 AM

100 miles is a long way to go when a dude kicks in your door screaming "WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME?".

Hopefully they're both heading home to their respective families for the holidays and there'll be responsible adults around to intervene if shit gets (more) crazy.

If she's managed to avoid talking to him for the last two weeks, she's obviously doing something right in terms of not enabling his obsession.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 12:47:06 AM

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2012, 12:56:10 AM

My theory is that somebody created this Dank account hoping it would outdo the Pinkie Pie episode.
repentance

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 01:05:11 AM

My theory is that somebody created this Dank account hoping it would outdo the Pinkie Pie episode.

Right now that somebody still owes people on here money so the question isn't simply whether they're a troll which has been maintained for over a year but whether they're also a scammer.

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:15:19 AM

I haven't talked to her in a couple weeks.  Tomorrow, we'll reunite.  She can't run from the truth for much longer.

Jesus this is serious. How I interpret this, is your going to kill her then end your own life.

We need to contact the authorities fast. But does anyone know Danks address?

DarkHyudrA
Legendary

Activity: 1386

English <-> Portuguese translations

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:32:12 AM

I haven't talked to her in a couple weeks.  Tomorrow, we'll reunite.  She can't run from the truth for much longer.

Jesus this is serious. How I interpret this, is your going to kill her then end your own life.

Because this is *starts drama voice* the END of the world...

English <-> Brazilian Portuguese translations
fgervais

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 10:57:07 AM

Actually, a few people have access to dank's info and could either release it to a trusted third party (hint: not me) or dox their way to his parents. His whole body of work on this forum needs to be evaluated professionally.

But, it's not going to happen, because bitcoin.
goodlord666

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 06:23:02 PM

He can't kill 2 people now. I need the man to organize a festival!

For fucks sake.

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 11:56:32 PM

What colleges are near there? I might know who he is IRL, but if so, it's a very small world. I couldn't find any on Google.
repentance

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 12:33:55 AM

It came up around Wichita, Kansas for me.  In his hookah lounge thread he talked about the number of colleges in his town (5?).  I'm guessing that Wichita and Bedminster won't both turn out to have the number of colleges dank mentioned.

I might know who he is IRL, but if so, it's a very small world.

He's mentioned previously that his first name is Sean, although that hasn't been confirmed by any of the people to whom he's sent his ID.

Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 02:52:36 AM

Oh, ok, never mind then. Bedminister is very small, there might be colleges around there, but not many/any actually there if my web searches are to be believed.

Wichita on the other hand has 5 in or nearby the community: Wichita Area Technical College, Wichita Technical Institute, Wichita State, Southwestern College of Professional Studies, & Butler County Community College
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2012, 04:43:26 AM

why are you guys doxing him? who cares.  Hopefully today will be a wake up call for dank.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Third Way

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 05:04:37 AM

why are you guys doxing him? who cares.  Hopefully today will be a wake up call for dank.

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
repentance

View Profile
December 22, 2012, 05:19:07 AM

No-one's doxxed him - although I do hope that if he fails to pay squall again tomorrow squall will at least consider asking for a scammer tag as it's pretty obvious from dank's recent posts that he's not financially dependable.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: