Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:53:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BP] Blockpoker | First Poker-Service Built on Blockchain Technology  (Read 18647 times)
kindcrypto

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 06:19:56 PM

I'll put my opinion out there..
I think the fixed value is a smart move. A currency needs stability to survive like a human needs water to survive.
The Bank with it's fixed value can hopefully bring this to bp.
And to the trading aspect. I would much rather trade a coin on how its performing in real life, then on hype and what the wales will do.
Blockpoker Team

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 06:59:58 PM

So you are giving out free BP on Jan 1, do people have to win at poker to receive coins or are you giving them out? What's stopping multiple wallets getting more than one person?
And I'm definitely joining on Jan 1  Grin 

First of, great that you are joining us at Jan 1! Smiley

Second, yes you can say we are giving away free. But I would prefer to just call it a distribution round, where we make the distribution of BP more equal Smiley
The way it will be handled is a little complicated, but will explain it as easily as possible.

There will be this algorithm running between 1-7 Jan, where it calculates the time a player sits & play at one of our tables.
It will then take the total amount of coins that will be distributed that day and divide it between players at the rate they have played.
There will be no way of cheating this, as you have to play to get a portion of the distribution pot.
Making more accounts will not do any difference.
To clarify more, you will get a larger portion if you play at more tables then one. You will also get a larger portion the higher stakes you play.

Again, it's a little complicated but I think you get the general idea and I promise it will be as fair as it can possibly be.
The more you play and the more you play with, the more of the distribution pot you will get, it's as simple as that for the player Smiley
Depredation

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:12:12 PM

So you are giving out free BP on Jan 1, do people have to win at poker to receive coins or are you giving them out? What's stopping multiple wallets getting more than one person?
And I'm definitely joining on Jan 1  Grin 

First of, great that you are joining us at Jan 1! Smiley

Second, yes you can say we are giving away free. But I would prefer to just call it a distribution round, where we make the distribution of BP more equal Smiley
The way it will be handled is a little complicated, but will explain it as easily as possible.

There will be this algorithm running between 1-7 Jan, where it calculates the time a player sits & play at one of our tables.
It will then take the total amount of coins that will be distributed that day and divide it between players at the rate they have played.
There will be no way of cheating this, as you have to play to get a portion of the distribution pot.
Making more accounts will not do any difference.
To clarify more, you will get a larger portion if you play at more tables then one. You will also get a larger portion the higher stakes you play.

Again, it's a little complicated but I think you get the general idea and I promise it will be as fair as it can possibly be.
The more you play and the more you play with, the more of the distribution pot you will get, it's as simple as that for the player Smiley
That sounds great

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀
        ▀████▄     ▀█████▀
          ▀█▀        ▀█▀
.verify.▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:40:47 PM

Really excited about this project. I am a former poker player and will for sure give this site a go on the launch day.
Decentralized poker+ zero rake is huge.

I have one question about the BP Bank. Why did you choose to offer a fixed value for BP coins?
This leads to two problems. If the price on exchanges is lower than 100 sat per coin people will just buy coins from the exchanges instead of BP Bank making you lose on the fees. On the other hand if BlockPoker gets really big the value of Bpcoins can't go higher than 100 sat a coin because of the fixed value.

I would personally like to see BP Bank to follow exchange prices so we could avoid these two problems.

Thanks for your interest Timeline, and great that you are ready to play! I know it's new years and the days after can have some busy days.
But I will encourage you to make as much time as possible to play in our distribution week (1-7Jan), where we will be distributing 120 million BP to those that sit and play at our tables.

Now, that's an excellent questions which I actually hoped someone would ask. I'll try to explain this method we have chosen as best as possible.

A big problem with altcoins (even bitcoin) is the volatility, which I think most of us in here will agree on.
So that was always in the teams heads when we were forming everything around Blockpoker.
We decided on a fixed value in the BP Bank for that specific problem. It will keep the stability to our currency. Which is very important in every currency, but maybe ever more important for the poker concept.
Nobody want's to deposit 100$ worth of BP, sit down and triple your BP and then realize you only get 250$ back when withdrawing because the value of the currency has gone down.
This fixed value will create a high stability on the market, making players able to withdraw the same worth as they put in.

There is other concerns here, which you address yourself. If Blockpoker gets such a large base that the demand for BP becomes to high for the bank to handle.
That's why the 100 sat fixed value is not set in stone, it can be changed. If the BP Bank experiences to much demand in BP, price will be set up. If it experiences to much demand in Bitcoin withdraws, price will be set down. (But with low amounts to keep stability, 10% up/down or so, those values will need to be perfected when the time comes.)
And the market will then follow the values that gets set to some degree.
You may ask what's even the point with trading BP on the market. But I would say that there is a huge reason to trade BP on the market when we become so big that the things above apply. Traders would trade on how they believe Blockpoker is doing (Is there a rise in players, or a decline?), and if they are right, the profit will come when the Bank raise/lower the value. It will be much more like the real world, and not surrounding the usual crypto pumps & dumps we all have witnessed countless times.

Now, this method is something we believe will be very successful. However, it's not set in stone and we could change the bank to follow the market.
It would be wonderful to have a debate around this current topic, so if you have some points and opinions you would like to put forward, I encourage you to do so.

Hope I explained myself alraight Timeline, if something is unclear or you have counterpoints please come with it Smiley

Kevin

Thanks for explaining my concerns in a detailed manner. What game formats will you be offering at launch? I'm hoping I could play omaha. Will there be guaranteed tournaments and freerolls?

Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 09:01:53 PM

Thanks for explaining my concerns in a detailed manner. What game formats will you be offering at launch? I'm hoping I could play omaha. Will there be guaranteed tournaments and freerolls?

Happy to do it Smiley

I have a good message for you, there will be Omaha!
We will be offering cash games with Hold'em & Omaha at different stakes, and some guaranteed tournaments as well (not many considering we can't achieve same amount of players in so short time compared to what the general sites have now)
More formats will come with time, but thats low priority at this moment.

Freerolls are not in the plans at this moment, but it has been discussed between us before.
We felt like there was enough "giveaways" with the distribution week.
However, if that's something many people would like to have. We could arrange that. So shout out if that's something you would like to see Smiley
We would need to take some BP from the original distribution pot and put it towards a couple freerolls Smiley
kennenman (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Blockpoker Team | Kenneth | Designer

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 11:07:54 PM

We passed 100 views on our announcment within the first day. Not bad Smiley
Our goal is 5000 within the end of 2015. It will be hard, but we have some advertising rolled up our sleeve, so hope we can accomplish it.

Don't forget to share it to your friends and tell them about the distribution week. We would really appreciate it.

Kenneth
bob.the.builder

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:39:40 AM

Thanks for the detailed answers, was wondering about a couple of the things that other people asked myself.
A couple freerolls would be fun and I think good for the launch aswell as people that dont have money to buy BP or people that is uncertain about buying BP can try out the service at no cost Smiley
Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 04:50:58 AM

Just had to comment and say that I love that video of blockpoker you have made.
People should check it out if they have not already Smiley - https://vimeo.com/147887130

I think it would have been better with a real voice though.
In fact, I have helped out a friend with something of the same in the past.
Not that I am proffesional or anything, but if you are interested I could record in those lines and you can edit the video  Grin

Thanks for that! It took a good amount of hours to make, but it was worth it in the end Smiley

Could not agree with you more! A real voice would be better.
I tried to do it myself, but it did not sound good. Guess I don't got the voice for it.
But if you are good and have done something like this before, I think it can be great!

So thanks for the offer, and I will follow you up on it. Shooting you a PM right now!

Kenneth
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:43:15 AM

Very good website, this could be interesting we will see in 2016.
CryptoBeauty

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:11:34 AM

Came over this project yesterday, and must say, it is interesting. In more then a couple of ways, really.
After some research, I have found some important stuff out. But to be honest, still not 100% sure if I should get involved in this yet.

First of, let's look at the numbers. Because they are what drives me towards getting involved here before 2016.

Blockpokers bank is selling out BP at a rate of 100 sat, and the total supply is 800,000,000.
Investors of smartchips, the coin that the developer started out this project with after he took it over, is right now worth around 5,000 sat on the C-Cex. Smartchips has a total supply of 1,500,000.

800,000,000 x 100 sat = 800 btc marketcap.
1,500,000 x 5,000 sat = 75 btc marketcap.

Smartchips worth if the bank will be able to sell BP at the current fix rate is around 50,000 sat

But it gets way more interesting then that.
Because smartchips has gone through much shit, and the dev went right on building blockpoker after he had taken over smartchips so he never gave out a new working wallet. (The scammers did not bother creating one after taking it over from another project..)
This can translate into a massive amount of coins that have been "lost". Either in wallets, or users who are not active anymore.
Impossible to tell how many, but I believe its reasonable to guess only around half of the coins will be swapped into BP.

Resulting in a big burn of the BP supply.
I am stretching this and it will most likely not be so insane, but if I am somewhat correct 1 smartchip could be worth 100,000 sat. (x20)
This is based on IF the bank will be able to sell out at the current rate (100sat).

So why am I and others not buying like crazy?
It's the legitimacy problem of course. We can't know this service will be as good as promised and that they will be able to sell out at 100 sat.
If we could, this would be a no brainer. I guess it's a little gambling with a high risk/reward.

I would also like to share some of the interesting things I found about the history of this and the developer.
As stated before, when he first started on this some months ago, he did not give any promises. Except that he would put his heart into it, and maybe he would be successful. And was very clear that it would take time and that it most likely was to big of a task for him.
Now, this gives me some reason to think he is a honest guy, and therefore believe in it. Though, I am not 100% there yet..

I want to empahzise that I did not write this to shill, and I do highly recommend you to do the same research I did before even thinking about putting any money in.
I just wanted to give my thoughts and provide others with some perspective on it.
Now, many would say: Don't bother, just wait until 2016 and see what has become of it.
And I can agree with it if you want to be safe, but one of the reasons I am into altcoins is because of financial gain. As most are even if many won't admit it.

Thanks for reading, and lets all hope this turns out positive!

bob.the.builder

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:14:56 AM

Thanks for that information cryptobeauty.
I think it summed up this situation pretty good Smiley
worthyou

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:36:48 AM

what if some1 wants to dump all of his coins worth 80m bp on 100sat?
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:20:50 AM

This thread feels overly 'staged' to me, not convincing
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:33:04 AM

will players looking to get "free distribution" from Jan1 - Jan7 need to purchase BP from the bank or have traded in "Smartchips" to get a positive balance to begin play? As in Jan1-Jan7 free play with distribution of real BP, or must use real BP to receive distribution.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:42:58 AM

NO WAY!! What makes you think something like that? Is it the overeager newbie accounts saying how good of an idea and coin this looks like? Or is it the fact that almost all of them were all registered on the same day??? Dec.9th, 2015 LOL I mean just a thought but if I was going to make a bunch of accounts to hype a coin I would take my time register them like a week or two weeks apart, slowly build them up with posts throughout other coin threads kind of get people feeling common to seeing those names in coins threads then when they were up to Jr. member or Members then I would release my coin idea and get those accounts to hype (but not so much it just seems really hard like they are trying to sell the idea) the coin. That's just my thoughts on that though.  I mean for all I know all those newbie accounts are all different people who all just happened to have registered those accounts all on the same day and just happened to all want to post in the same coins thread talking about how great of an idea and concept that coin was right?Huh I mean it is Crypto so stranger things have happened Cheesy Cheers

Oh just for the record I'm not bashing this coin or the ideas that the people behind it have come up with just simply pointing out what may possibly be throwing people off this lucrative investment opportunity Wink

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

toy4lov3rs

Activity: 375

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:34:27 AM

NO WAY!! What makes you think something like that? Is it the overeager newbie accounts saying how good of an idea and coin this looks like? Or is it the fact that almost all of them were all registered on the same day??? Dec.9th, 2015 LOL I mean just a thought but if I was going to make a bunch of accounts to hype a coin I would take my time register them like a week or two weeks apart, slowly build them up with posts throughout other coin threads kind of get people feeling common to seeing those names in coins threads then when they were up to Jr. member or Members then I would release my coin idea and get those accounts to hype (but not so much it just seems really hard like they are trying to sell the idea) the coin. That's just my thoughts on that though.  I mean for all I know all those newbie accounts are all different people who all just happened to have registered those accounts all on the same day and just happened to all want to post in the same coins thread talking about how great of an idea and concept that coin was right?Huh I mean it is Crypto so stranger things have happened Cheesy Cheers

Oh just for the record I'm not bashing this coin or the ideas that the people behind it have come up with just simply pointing out what may possibly be throwing people off this lucrative investment opportunity Wink

You must admit, an idea like this is truly priceless if it ever works and gets big. Think of the 100's of millions that the poker sites make today in rake on a yearly scale. As a poker player myself I dont normally consider rake as a loss because I normally win when I play, but if I think back to all the rakes on the won pots that I've missed out in over the last 10 years it would probably add up to around 100K. Id be the first in line to sign up and play no rake poker on a large scale.
bitowl

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:48:47 AM

Is this centralized poker service or mental poker implementation?
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:21:49 AM

You must admit, an idea like this is truly priceless if it ever works and gets big. Think of the 100's of millions that the poker sites make today in rake on a yearly scale. As a poker player myself I dont normally consider rake as a loss because I normally win when I play, but if I think back to all the rakes on the won pots that I've missed out in over the last 10 years it would probably add up to around 100K. Id be the first in line to sign up and play no rake poker on a large scale.

Oh don't get me wrong the idea of rake free poker is definitely tantalizing to every online poker player out there and I don't deny that the idea and the concept is for sure a good one, I just simply pointed out that the fact that all the newbie accounts all registered on the same day all talking up the idea and concept more than a good solid idea like this needed to be doesn't really help out that much.  I mean we are in the world of Crypto mate lol This is the world where people will sell their grandmothers for a couple satoshi's for christ sakes lol So I mean someone must have known that people would instantly be weary of the fact that all the newbie accounts started praising this idea like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread lol That's all lol I mean hey if it turns out legit and they do make a great run at it that's awesome and I commend them totally for doing it Smiley I just might have taken a different route about going about it that's all Smiley Cheers

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

toy4lov3rs

Activity: 375

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:25:55 AM

Oh don't get me wrong the idea of rake free poker is definitely tantalizing to every online poker player out there and I don't deny that the idea and the concept is for sure a good one, I just simply pointed out that the fact that all the newbie accounts all registered on the same day all talking up the idea and concept more than a good solid idea like this needed to be doesn't really help out that much.  I mean we are in the world of Crypto mate lol This is the world where people will sell their grandmothers for a couple satoshi's for christ sakes lol So I mean someone must have known that people would instantly be weary of the fact that all the newbie accounts started praising this idea like it was the greatest thing since sliced bread lol That's all lol I mean hey if it turns out legit and they do make a great run at it that's awesome and I commend them totally for doing it Smiley I just might have taken a different route about going about it that's all Smiley Cheers

I did not check when all these accounts was created, if you are right then it does smell a bit fishy but also, keep in mind that with the recent price rise in bitcoin the forum is probably going to get flooded with new accounts and new people only coming into bitcoin now. Get you btc ready because there will be many new money making opportunities for us ol timers. Wink 
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:29:24 AM

I did not check when all these accounts was created, if you are right then it does smell a bit fishy but also, keep in mind that with the recent price rise in bitcoin the forum is probably going to get flooded with new accounts and new people only coming into bitcoin now. Get you btc ready because there will be many new money making opportunities for us ol timers. Wink 
Well one thing I've learned about threads with tons of newbie accounts praising the coin's glory is that 99% of the time the people controlling those newbie accounts usually don't think about someone checking when they registered the accounts and usually they are all the same day or a day or two apart lol And like I stated in my first statement don't get me wrong maybe miraculously I could be wrong and all the newbie accounts could be all different people that just happened to register all their accounts on the same day but I mean if you think realistically about the whole thing the obvious answer is that probably all the accounts are controlled by one at the most maybe two different people Smiley But like I said I could be wrong it is Crypto and stranger things have definitely happened lol

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print