Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:23:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you prefer cash or bitcoin?
Cash
Bitcoin

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [POLL] Do you prefer your money to be in cash or bitcoins?  (Read 17517 times)
EXtremeAEX (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 08:46:33 AM

The price of bitcoin is regularly fluctuating, so you might get $100 worth of bitcoins now, $50 or $200 worth of bitcoins tomorrow, who knows? So, do you prefer a currency that is more stable, like cash (USD, EUR...), or do you treat bitcoins as a currency, for investment to let it grow?

State why you prefer your option. Smiley

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 08:54:43 AM

Bitcoin to be treated as currency need more adaptation and distribution with stable price. I better think it as a asset like gold with volatile price, creating opportunity to earn profit.

adicted

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:34:51 AM

Bitcoin can't beat cash, for now. The stability of cash make me confident with my money and not worrying that price may go down anytime. I will consider bitcoin right now as an investment in the meantime but I believe time will come bitcoin will become a currency. I'll go for cash for now Cheesy
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:38:21 AM

For online purposes I solely work with Bitcoin. I don't use fiat money anymore unless a certain webshop where I purchase something doesn't accept Bitcoin. Only then I make an exception. In real life I prefer fiat money. Because I can't pay my bills, food, gas, etc, with Bitcoin. Perhaps that might change at some point in the future.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:40:16 AM

I prefer Bitcoin for things that I can buy online now, because it's an online currency which means I can buy something online without going to the shop itself.
Whereas, if I can't buy the thing with Bitcoin. Of course I would use cash, because what else should I use? Cheesy

faucet used to be profitable
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:40:39 AM

bitcoin, i'm trying my best to do everything in bitcoin, but some service simply does not accept it yet

cash also is not anonymous, is traceable, because you need firstly to acquire them via ATM...only if you acquire them by a stranger they can be consider somehow anonymous, but too much trouble for me
steveds
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:57:54 AM

The results of this poll could be a complete waste or cannot be reliable cause you are asking this on a Bitcoin forum and more than 90% of the users here are trying to increase their count or even if they cashout they would still vote bitcoin cause of it's benefits.
I myself voted Bitcoin cause of the safety of my funds regardless of them being attained by illegal means Wink
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 6083

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:06:44 AM

I prefer keeping it as bitcoin for the moment because I see bitcoin as an investment right now , so the more I have the better and the more profit I make , but I suppose I will be doing the same thing on the future if bitcoin goes mainstream and more people will be using it , it may have a stable price so ... yep probably Bitcoin in both cases .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
faridkifly

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:07:02 AM

honestly i prefer money to be in cash.
because I think cash has become a habit, and for me its very difficult to change habits
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:10:14 AM

The price of bitcoin is regularly fluctuating, so you might get $100 worth of bitcoins now, $50 or $200 worth of bitcoins tomorrow, who knows? So, do you prefer a currency that is more stable, like cash (USD, EUR...), or do you treat bitcoins as a currency, for investment to let it grow?

State why you prefer your option. Smiley

You can not compare BTC with currencies.And you shouldn't use it as that(at least for now).Bitcoin needs a far bigger adoption and market cap to see less volatility in price.Until this hasn't happened it's better to see and use BTC as a commodity.
Ask the same question in 10 years again.Then we might be able to give you an accurate answer.
pogress

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:15:10 AM

Because my income is not Bitcoin, I use cash most of the time because I need to get rid of it. It is funny how these little papers have any significal value, but for now everyone happily accepts these little papers so why not - but do not hold more papers than you can afford to lose is my advice.

Bitcon I treat as store of value now.
EXtremeAEX (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:17:43 AM

The results of this poll could be a complete waste or cannot be reliable cause you are asking this on a Bitcoin forum and more than 90% of the users here are trying to increase their count or even if they cashout they would still vote bitcoin cause of it's benefits.
-
Yeah, that's true, but what about paypal? Isn't paypal more widely accepted in online payments and shipments, so wouldn't it be more or less the same? But, to think of it, bitcoin addresses are easily created, and easy to send to others, so I personally prefer bitcoins for such micro transactions.

The main point of this topic is to find out if the forum users here think bitcoin as unstable, as you might never know if the price goes up or down, and cash currency is more of a 'fixed'/stable than bitcoin it might be better to stable store as cash, do you think so?

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 10:19:59 AM

Bitcoin for me is as good as holding shares in the stock market where the price keeps changing in seconds and when in 1 month the price is $100, next month it is either $50 or $200. Bitcoin's price doesn't remain stable like INR or USD and hence I prefer to hold cash instead and deposit in my bank which pays me interest on the face value. I also hold bitcoins and don't bother about the price as the amount is very low.

AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:20:56 AM

Due to the high volatility of the bitcoin for me the answer is obvious - i prefer cash. A small part for investment purposes is the maximum on a given time.
sbtctalk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:21:27 AM

Definitely cash. They say cash is king.

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
dhimasnk

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:23:53 AM

I think cash is still the main, I just treat bitcoin just as an investment

BUY LOW/SELL HIGH
24/7 TRADING BOT  GUNBOT  THE AUTOMATIC PROFIT GENERATOR FOR POLONIEX
LIMITED EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR KRAKEN AND BITTREX  My bitcoin address: 37xyZGoqmkeTTatsWcnFJS4iL4xdE4Cuia + wex.nz codes at Peermarketer@gmail.com
sbtctalk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:11:35 PM

Due to the high volatility of the bitcoin for me the answer is obvious - i prefer cash. A small part for investment purposes is the maximum on a given time.

Bitcoin is like a stock to me, an entity with a value. It has good potential else there wont be VC paying good monies for them.

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
BTCdoctor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:21:22 PM

Cash, because if i see the price only in Bitcoins i spend more than i should have.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:23:22 PM

I prefer to have a little of both but if I need to give a percentage maybe 70% cash and 30% bitcoins.

azeminjo09

Activity: 249

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:28:19 PM

Cash ofc, because market price is varies and to lower risk for me at least, I'm keeping them in cash. But will use them always if seller accept BTC, easy and anonymous
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: