Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:31:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: want to start mining  (Read 13912 times)
Turk Ace

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2016, 02:46:48 PM

You only use a CPU or GPU to mine. Nothing else matters, well that and the software. Asic are way to advanced now so only big farms really make any money these days. However if you had a mid to high end GPU you could mine a few altcoins and make a small amount and if you lucky they increase in value! All established coins like litecoin, bitcoin, dogecoin etc Already have been minded a lot by asic and farms so stay away from them if you do plan on mining.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 03:07:38 PM

You only use a CPU or GPU to mine. Nothing else matters, well that and the software. Asic are way to advanced now so only big farms really make any money these days. However if you had a mid to high end GPU you could mine a few altcoins and make a small amount and if you lucky they increase in value! All established coins like litecoin, bitcoin, dogecoin etc Already have been minded a lot by asic and farms so stay away from them if you do plan on mining.

CPU mining just is not worth it anymore.  There is not a coin that makes it profitable for most people, and even with free electricity CPU coins just are kinda crap and not worth much.  GPU is a different story.

It's all kinda surrounding one coin with Ether.  But with certain GPU's it is feasable to mine still and profitable for many.  It's gained a lot of support really compared to most other altcoins currently.  You talk about big farms there are still farms of GPU's out there they are just less common then asics.
sbtctalk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:55:15 AM

You could use nicehash miner and set your system to mine at idle system time.

13Sk3gsQ1ogrzmyt3xMVvByxcUvZr98kKN
Mvaporis1961

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 12:02:42 AM

If you want to start mining bitcoin you need to save some for it because mining rig are so expensive (for me) and also prepare for incoming expensive electricity bills because mining rigs need to open 24/7 and it also consume high electricity. To start mining i will suggest to consider the cost of your electricity in your country.
Ains_sama

Activity: 608
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2016, 08:51:52 AM

Today one of my friend hit me with his question that he want to start bitcoin mining but i am a noob too in mining thing so i though it is the right time to ask you guys about it
his pc has

2gb ram
Intel 2.8 Ghz processor
500 gb HDD
Internet - coming soon 500kbps download speed

and his mobile has(for web mining) :

2gb Ram
Intel 1.6 Ghz
Internet - download speed 4-5 mbps

he asked me 1.what pool should he use? 2.what software he should use and some additional information about this. precautions and guides are welcome too

you can say this for your friend :
" DONT THINKING YOU CAN MINING BITCOIN WITH YOUR F*CKING AWESOME COMPUTER"
allankey

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:11:15 PM

Is the nicehash software safe although it proclaims itself to be safe? I downloaded it from nicehash site, my anti virus raised several red flags.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 09:52:10 PM

Is the nicehash software safe although it proclaims itself to be safe? I downloaded it from nicehash site, my anti virus raised several red flags.
two thimgs i want to say.
1 is pease don't dug out old topics jist post if you are intrested on that discussion. and 2ndly always use recommended bitcoin miners. nicehash is not much popular and hence i dnt kniw its safe or not but better i will advice not to try it
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:54:31 AM

nicehash has less profit than mining for yourself, etheruem for example or other coin, not to mention, that it does not support each new coin that emerge from that messy place
Ains_sama

Activity: 608

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 04:19:49 PM

Today one of my friend hit me with his question that he want to start bitcoin mining but i am a noob too in mining thing so i though it is the right time to ask you guys about it
his pc has

2gb ram
Intel 2.8 Ghz processor
500 gb HDD

2gb Ram
Intel 1.6 Ghz

he asked me 1.what pool should he use? 2.what software he should use and some additional information about this. precautions and guides are welcome too

you can use simple tool, minergate, but not sure you can reach ROI, maybe your hardware will be fail before reach ROI.
RyanLiang

Activity: 39

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 05:20:58 PM

his pc has

2gb ram
Intel 2.8 Ghz processor
500 gb HDD

2gb Ram
Intel 1.6 Ghz

you can use simple tool, minergate, but not sure you can reach ROI, maybe your hardware will be fail before reach ROI.

If he want to buy the PC, there will be no ROI. If he already has the PC, the electricity cost is more than the bitcoin.
addias

Activity: 244

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 12:39:07 AM

his pc has

2gb ram
Intel 2.8 Ghz processor
500 gb HDD

2gb Ram
Intel 1.6 Ghz

You should out a bunch of YouTube videos, and  there are mining calculators there. So, you can see if mining will be profitable for you.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 09:14:38 AM

his pc has

2gb ram
Intel 2.8 Ghz processor
500 gb HDD

2gb Ram
Intel 1.6 Ghz

You should out a bunch of YouTube videos, and  there are mining calculators there. So, you can see if mining will be profitable for you.
To be honest mining will be not profitable anymore with that specs so it's better if he just save some extra money and buy S9 soon because i think it's one of mining hardware which you can make some good profit but for sure that mining hardware is expensive. So if you don't have much money better to find better ways for you.
Cybertron00

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 01:06:02 AM

Well IMO mining ain't profitable now since bitcoin's halving is near. When the block reward is halved then it would be harder to mine bitcoin and only big farmers can earn decently in mining after that. I suggest that your friend do altcoin trading online than to mine btc he can easily double his money in altcoin trading.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 06:29:53 AM

CPU mining just is not worth it anymore.  There is not a coin that makes it profitable for most people, and even with free electricity CPU coins just are kinda crap and not worth much.  GPU is a different story.

It's all kinda surrounding one coin with Ether.  But with certain GPU's it is feasable to mine still and profitable for many.  It's gained a lot of support really compared to most other altcoins currently.  You talk about big farms there are still farms of GPU's out there they are just less common then asics.

Regardless of crypto currency, I believe mining at present times requires a good equipment investment. You must use the most advanced technology to mine cryptocurrency in order to profit well..

If you want to mine, do it seriously and act as if like legitimate big mining companies of gold and minerals. If you are just mining out of curiousity, better not join the pact.
Nathland

Activity: 317

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 09:43:48 AM

Regardless of crypto currency, I believe mining at present times requires a good equipment investment. You must use the most advanced technology to mine cryptocurrency in order to profit well..

If you want to mine, do it seriously and act as if like legitimate big mining companies of gold and minerals. If you are just mining out of curiousity, better not join the pact.

If you have almost free electricity, then you can mine at a small scale. Otherwise, it is not worth it.
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 03:05:51 AM

Everyone starting mining investment should remember about rule number 1,
about mining bitcoin. Every  year it gets less and less profitable,so remember you need to count is it worth for you.
Kevinatin

Activity: 612

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:01:29 AM

It is not very profitable to mine the bitcoin using ASIC unless you have very very cheap electricity prices.
cleverlittleme

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 10:25:51 AM

It is not very profitable to mine the bitcoin using ASIC unless you have very very cheap electricity prices.

how high should those costs be?
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1554
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 10:32:53 AM

Mining bitcoins with current conditions is quite impossible to make it profitable. As already halving done and price for mining one block reward decreased to 12.5 BTC. But still if own any hardware which produce tremendous power of hashing can give little profit with bitcoin mining.

Rather I will prefer to go any other altcoin for mining with suitable scrypt base to get some good profit by mining actaully.
RyanLiang

Activity: 39

View Profile
July 27, 2016, 08:34:53 AM

If you have knowledge about the computer hardware and software, you can start mining the Ethereum.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: