Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:12:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ Coinbuilder ★★ | BUILD | In-wallet altcoin generator | Stage 2 soon  (Read 31501 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
AltcoinSteps

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Let's make a new altcoin environment.

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 11:47:16 PM

Will the full source be available?
Do you think unlimited max stake age is good idea?

Steps - Let's make a new altcoin environment.  | Join Us Now!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tarmi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:20:56 AM

Yes - The full source will be available so BUILD can contribute to future like projects.
The max stage age can still be altered afterwards if the community feels this is not needed, but those are the initial specifications as-is right now.
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:52:13 AM

Unlimited max stake age is usually detrimental.

twitter @antiiclimax
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:57:29 AM

How will the logo creation work? Will it let you upload your own design; create one for you; or do either?
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:04:52 AM

This might not be much of a factor because I suspect that the whole supply will be burned in short order. Cheesy
MisO69
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

My mule don't like people laughing

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:15:09 AM

Just when you thought we had enough altcoins... good job dev! I actually like the idea. nice... Personally I will not participate.

goodluck
AltcoinSteps

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 01:15:21 AM

that is the reason i asked the question

foold

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

Hello there ! :D

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:40:48 AM

It's kind of interesting. Hope it is a good experiment and yields further work to build the wallet of the 3000s!

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                ✯     Get Your FREE Coins NOW!        ✯
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                        ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:51:19 AM

Will there be an option to let you stick in some seed nodes of your choosing? Or will I have to modify the code myself if I want to do something like that?
TimSweat

Activity: 392

TimSweat

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:26:35 AM

Looks like its a little late to wait and invest for a few , NOT SAYING THIS IS A SCAM, but an Escrow would be nice . I really kind of like the concept behind the project myself , BUT , Escrow would be nice , white paper or not. I don't have much to invest but i have a tiny bit and would actually consider IF there's Escrow , especially since it's a very interesting ideal .

Thanks,
TimSweat

aizzaku
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:49:20 AM

Interesting concept .. let me see if i can get some funds to buy from the presale..
also waiting for the logo contest.. time to show off my skills .. after long !

BlockchainGaming A PARADIGM SHIFT IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY
Website | Blog | Forum | Wiki | Events | Marketplace (coming soon)
l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:00:20 AM

Very interesting idea! and cudos on compiling a working script for multiple algo's! That couldn't have been an easy task. However with the current and previous) influx of sh*t coins I'm a little worried about this much power being in the hands of someone unsure of how to maintain the code. As someone who has attempted to build multiple coins by hand editing the source (sometimes with luck and other not) I have to say this is a double edged sword.

All in all, It's a wonderful creation to make a developers life easier in creating a great and complete shell for them to add their personal developments and flair. Smiley
Rexxxem

Activity: 368
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:07:26 AM

Care to explain why your name is popping up in three hero account sell threads? You also did not post for a month or so since the last sell thread.

What is this?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1111201.msg11805249#msg11805249

Already emptying your bitcoin wallet also?

And no escrow?  Roll Eyes Grin Cool

Scam-Detective got yo ass!

Oh, gee, what do you know... lol

Ive seen some really nice looking projects turn out to be complete bullshit. Anyone remeber this one?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1174503.0

Im not even sure i agree with this concept anyway.. makes for a more diluted ecosystem. The only good thing is that it's expensive so not everyone will come out enough to participate. The specs are good, i just wish you could offer a different service other than altcoin creation.

The problem with icos is that nobody ever delivers. Whether it be not at all and stealing your funds or selling you nothing but an idea and never following through (or never intended to).  Exactly why i dont mess with em.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:35:28 AM

Why not just create the stand alone program, charge 0.1BTC, and forgo the coin tie in?
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:54:00 AM

Well, this is something that we have never seen before and i like it.
tarmi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:48:15 AM

Allright, back on topic guys  Wink

For those asking for escrow;

The funds of Stage 1 are going to be used to Stage 2 (bounties, campaigns, ...), so those funds are needed.
I'm considering of having Stage 2 (and/or) Stage 3 escrowed since i don't need those funds immediately.

Before launching Stage 3, i'll have someone review and vouch the sourcecode. Most likely, that will be Earlz.

Regarding the seednodes, you have to host them yourself, but you can add as many as needed nodes in the generator.

For those asking about the 'secret generator' as mentioned in the OP timeline, this is still to be announced, but i'm working on something with Sampey  Wink
These functions highly depend on the total amount of BUILD that get's sold during the 3 stages.
italianMiner72

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:59:28 AM

if it will be available for windows, it could be a killer app!!!

op will be released for windows too!!!

i stay tuned!!

Of course it will be available for windows  Cool

awesome!!!
there are a mailing list to subscribe to stay tuned???
ora a twitter account???

thanx

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
tarmi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 10:02:56 AM

if it will be available for windows, it could be a killer app!!!

op will be released for windows too!!!

i stay tuned!!

Of course it will be available for windows  Cool

awesome!!!
there are a mailing list to subscribe to stay tuned???
ora a twitter account???

thanx

https://twitter.com/coinbuilderCoin
tarmi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:56:09 AM

Following contests and bounties are starting after Stage 1:

Logo contest - 0.35BTC
Signature campaign - 0.25BTC
Translation bounties - 0.10BTC
Twitter bounties - To be announced

Update: Added rewards to some contests. Contests will be escrowed.
AltcoinSteps

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 12:23:48 PM

Since this is 100% POS why not release the wallet before ICO end so people can see what they invest in

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: