Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:09:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: done  (Read 19762 times)
candoo (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:21:30 PM
Last edit: May 10, 2013, 12:28:56 PM by candoo

done

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:25:35 PM

Please overread my sentences and give me a pn with a correction.

Till today I was working as a taxi driver in germany. I put some stickers up on the car windows that iam accepting bitcoins. So am i. But my boss didnt know anything about bitcoin and that iam accepting them.

Today a  customer called my company and asked for the taxi that is accepting bitcoins. So everybody knows and I got fired because i did it without his permission.

I told all my customers about bitcoin and sold some of them my coins. But now iam workless because of bitcoins. that suxs.
Sue your boss for wrongful dismissal. I presume he or she did not give you a lawful notice of dismissal, and did not retain you to the end of your term.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:30:55 PM

The problem is that he likely admitted to putting stickers on his boss's property, the window of the cab.  I doubt that any judge is going to show him much sympathy for "defacement" of company property, regardless of just how rediculous a window sticker might be.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:36:51 PM

How much would it cost you to "lease" or buy a cab license?  In my city, most cab drivers actually rent the cab from the cab company on a daily or weekly rate, and keep all the fares for themselves.  If you can get this kind of deal, you could hang a bitcoin sign from the rear view, or some other little sign that doesn't stick to the the vehicle.  Then you could compete with your former employer and accept bitcoin however you like, but it would be in your interests to let the dispatcher know that you are the one who accepts bitcoin for fares, if anyone else should call.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 11:38:56 PM

Do you have your own car? Did you have regular customers? Bitcoin Mobile imo.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:41:55 PM

I exchanged money in his car and accepted/sold/ bitcoins. So he cant trust me anymore and thats a reason to dismissal me instant.

If the core reason that you were dismissed is that the cab owner can't trust you to be honest with him, but you were a good driver; if you have the moxy you could return to him and offer him a weekly lease to rent his cab and then you keep everything over and above that rate.  Otherwise he still has to hire someone new, or his equipment is under-utilized.  I know it sounds a bit rediculous to make an offer to someone who just fired you, but I done it, and after a few days cooling off period I was able to reason with the old man, and explain that he was just viewing the situation wrong.  Maybe that's just me, but I've found that business owners have historical reasons to distrust their employees, and you just have to be the guy to offer him an alternative that doesn't require that he trust you so much.

MooC Tals

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:43:51 PM

Goto the media and make it a big story. Then ask for donation to open a 1st ever bitcoin accepting Taxi. It will bring international attention and your boss will go out of business.

Then make love to his wife. Steal his children. Then you win.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:46:52 PM

I need a license for it and the city doenst give new licenses because we have enaugh taxis.
rofl the state doesnt restrict the number of taxies in a city because it is benevolent and protecting you from the danger of having to many taxies. They do it because taxi cab drivers unionize and lobby the government in order to restrict supply. They do this because the law of supply and demand states that if you hold supply artificially low while demand remains constant it leads to higher prices (or in this case higher salaries for taxi cab drivers)

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:50:46 PM

I may try to get a loan from the bank to buy his license and car. But iam not sure about it. Beeing self employed is a lot of woork! But it would be cool to promote bitcoins with it.  I could advertise with door covers (image -> http://www.taxiwerbung-europe.com/upload/meine_bilder/werbearten/taxi_doorcover01.jpg ) +

#freemoney. Yes  I have a loots of customers so I have to solve this problem quick. A lot customers call me directly on my mobile phone

Then negotiate with the guy who is selling his license for a final price, conditional on your abliity to secure a business loan, write up a business plan (there are simple examples online that you could adapt in an hour) and take it to the business branch of your bank.  Show them your conditional agreement, your business plan (no need to mention bitcoin, that would just muddle the waters) and your history as a cab driver.  Be quick about it.

MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 11:58:49 PM

Wait, why is it not legal to lease a license?  What says that you aren't an employee?  You're just an employee on a contract, instead of a hourly wage.  The contract says that you are expected to submit the first whatever amount of fares that you collect per week into the company, and that you are entitled to whatever the remainder of fares may be for the rest of the week.  Easy peasy.  For that matter, you could set up such a contract agreement with the old guy who wants to sell, that after so many years of doing this, you have just bought the license from him by payments made.  Kind of a work-to-own arrangment.

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:12:41 AM

I need a license for it and the city doenst give new licenses because we have enaugh taxis.
rofl the state doesnt restrict the number of taxies in a city because it is benevolent and protecting you from the danger of having to many taxies. They do it because taxi cab drivers unionize and lobby the government in order to restrict supply. They do this because the law of supply and demand states that if you hold supply artificially low while demand remains constant it leads to higher prices (or in this case higher salaries for taxi cab drivers)

No, its protected in my city because we have population of 100.000 and 75 taxis. That is quite enaugh most of them still wait 40 minutes to get a customer

you would use a gun to force them to accept the number of taxies that you feel is right? who are you to decide how many is "quite enough"? maybe people want more?

And what do you mean protected? the government is protecting you from having to many taxies? please explain to me the danger associated with having 76 taxies instead of 75.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:24:12 AM

I would be highly tempted to be an unlicensed taxi, but I understand the risk would be fines and such.

Are there other ways to offer rides to customers with non-traditional vehicles? Are the restrictions specific on type? (Four wheels, car versus 3-wheel 'trikes' used in asia)

If I had no way to provide for myself, I'd risk the fine and just have people pay me in bitcoins, sending me addresses via a website or mobile app.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:42:12 AM

Please overread my sentences and give me a pn with a correction.

Till today I was working as a taxi driver in germany. I put some stickers up on the car windows that iam accepting bitcoins. So am i. But my boss didnt know anything about bitcoin and that iam accepting them.

Today a  customer called my company and asked for the taxi that is accepting bitcoins. So everybody knows and I got fired because i did it without his permission.

I told all my customers about bitcoin and sold some of them my coins. But now iam workless because of bitcoins. that suxs.
Sue your boss for wrongful dismissal. I presume he or she did not give you a lawful notice of dismissal, and did not retain you to the end of your term.

I exchanged money in his car and accepted/sold/ bitcoins. So he cant trust me anymore and thats a reason to dismissal me instant.

Right now I think about to start my own taxi company. But you cant just buy a car and be a taxi. I need a license for it and the city doenst give new licenses because we have enaugh taxis. Guess I have to buy a license from someone  who wants to quit his business. But its ~35.000 usd:/

It would be suuuch a high promotion for bitcoins on a taxi.

This is a classic example of Government restrictions leaving a decent man without a job.
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:42:55 AM

Do you have your own car? Did you have regular customers? Bitcoin Mobile imo.
How much would it cost you to "lease" or buy a cab license?  In my city, most cab drivers actually rent the cab from the cab company on a daily or weekly rate, and keep all the fares for themselves.  If you can get this kind of deal, you could hang a bitcoin sign from the rear view, or some other little sign that doesn't stick to the the vehicle.  Then you could compete with your former employer and accept bitcoin however you like, but it would be in your interests to let the dispatcher know that you are the one who accepts bitcoin for fares, if anyone else should call.

Its not legal in germany to "rent" or "lease" a cab license. I could just buy one. Some old guy here wants to get ~35.000 usd  = 26.000€ for his license and about 5000€ for  his old mercedes.

I may try to get a loan from the bank to buy his license and car. But iam not sure about it. Beeing self employed is a lot of woork! But it would be cool to promote bitcoins with it.  I could advertise with door covers (image -> http://www.taxiwerbung-europe.com/upload/meine_bilder/werbearten/taxi_doorcover01.jpg ) +

#freemoney. Yes  I have a loots of customers so I have to solve this problem quick. A lot customers call me directly on my mobile phone

Be glad the market isn't as fucked by the government as it is in San Francisco.  A medallion (license) goes for about 350K dollars.
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:43:48 AM

No, its protected in my city because we have population of 100.000 and 75 taxis. That is quite enaugh most of them still wait 40 minutes to get a customer

"Enough"?  No way that's fucking enough -- that's what we call a shortage of taxis.

Bravo government and unintended consequences: a man loses his job because of all the government-monopoly leverage that his employer has, while everyone else gets to wait 40 minutes for a stupid cab.
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 12:54:02 AM

you would use a gun to force them to accept the number of taxies that you feel is right? who are you to decide how many is "quite enough"? maybe people want more?

And what do you mean protected? the government is protecting you from having to many taxies? please explain to me the danger associated with having 76 taxies instead of 75.

If everyone could get a license there would be ~140 taxis instead of 75. And that  doenst work because the number of customers would be the same. So we would have to wait 3 hours to get a customer..

the number of taxies will increase until it becomes no longer profitable to operate a taxi service than the total number of taxies will either stop increasing or decrease. This happens naturally in a market with out government intervention because you as a taxi driver will only be willing to operate a taxi service if such a line of work offers you a better opportunity than other alternatives i.e. working in the factory next door. The longer the wait between customers the more attractive the alternative offers become. Eventually it becomes no longer in the interest of entrepreneurs to start new taxi services and this happens at what we call the market clearing price. This optimal number of taxies is ultimately determined by the preferences of consumers in relation to how much they are willing to pay extra in order to have to wait less time. That is to say if customers were willing to pay twice as much than you would likely be ok with waiting 3 hours, if they were willing to pay 4 times as much you would probably be ok with waiting longer than 3 hours which means that if consumers are willing to pay extra to wait less time than this will create demand for more taxies over all and if they are willing to pay less in exchange for having to wait longer than this will result in having fewer taxies over all. Only a market can deliver the amount of taxies at the price that most accurately reflects the demands of consumers, the decisions made by a government in this respect will necessarily be a reflection of the mostly arbitrary whims of a bureaucrat which is, for many reasons, not preferable to allowing the number of taxies to reflect the demands of consumers.

Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:56:13 AM

"Enough"?  No way that's fucking enough -- that's what we call a shortage of taxis.

Bravo government and unintended consequences: a man loses his job because of all the government-monopoly leverage that his employer has, while everyone else gets to wait 40 minutes for a stupid cab.

Iam sorry this is a misunderstanding. The driver waits about 40 minutes to get a customers. we have 1.2 customers per hour.
Most of the taxis have gps so they are at the customer after 5-10 minutes.

Then that's a glut of taxis in the city -- which is just the other side of the coin of taxi shortages.  Also produced by government.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 07:06:57 AM

I would be highly tempted to be an unlicensed taxi, but I understand the risk would be fines and such.

Are there other ways to offer rides to customers with non-traditional vehicles? Are the restrictions specific on type? (Four wheels, car versus 3-wheel 'trikes' used in asia)

If I had no way to provide for myself, I'd risk the fine and just have people pay me in bitcoins, sending me addresses via a website or mobile app.

I would not earn enaugh as a unlicensed taxi. Because I couldnt wait at the train station for customers..

Well, that's the point -- not being a 'typical' taxi. You wouldn't have to depend on a chokepoint in transit to offer your services. There is a risk of course - being found out, but then again - maybe you are just a generous stranger picking up people when they need a ride Smiley

Sorry to hear about your troubles, it is things like this that irritate me about regulation in governments.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 08:28:36 AM

BOOOO!!!

I seem to recall Stephen Fry talking about operating an unlicensed taxi. He could pick up/drop off people at will, accept gratuity, and according to Google, be exempt from some traffic citations, just as long as he didn't run an actual business.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:35:14 AM

Be glad the market isn't as fucked by the government as it is in San Francisco.  A medallion (license) goes for about 350K dollars.

About 190K Euro in Paris or wait for 17 years to get one for free Wink

http://www.licence-taxi.fr/prix-licence-de-taxi.php

Signature space available for rent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: