Bitcoin Forum
June 06, 2024, 11:23:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused?  (Read 26751 times)
RobinHoodster

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 12:53:42 PM

I don't think that bitcoin would be possible to go like that. It is something new maybe the price is not that good.
But I just think bitcoin will be the new money of the future.
knightkon

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:29:49 PM

In 10 years BTC will disappear  or will be the best coin of the world

Satoshi himself said that, well not exactly that but something similar. He i said something like "Bitcoin will be worth nothing or a lot". Im trying to find the exact quote but I can't. It must still be in this forum unless the post got deleted.
Well we are only 3+ years away from this point and I think it will make it.  Some people are projecting that the price will go up into the thousands, but I think it will cap around $1,000, maybe $1,400.  Once it caps after the 10 year run, it will stabilize out and I honestly believe Bitcoin will be around for some time now.  Start saving now guys for soon faucets will run out and drop when the coin is used for every day payments on anything.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
RoseMann

Activity: 270

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:34:09 PM

I don't think it's possible for this to happen.
It's only possible if governments ban bitcoin completely to the point where you can't use it anymore.

in some countries already banned bitcoin, but now bitcoin is still used and is still alive, the point is not about the government ban bro

The only country that I know has banned bitcoin is Russia. You will go to prison if you use it. No other country has similar ban.

bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:38:33 PM

It's only possible if governments ban bitcoin completely to the point where you can't use it anymore.

in some countries already banned bitcoin, but now bitcoin is still used and is still alive, the point is not about the government ban bro

The only country that I know has banned bitcoin is Russia. You will go to prison if you use it. No other country has similar ban.

Well I am lucky that I don't live in Russia, getting to a prison just for using bitcoin is just dumb.
I hope that in the future all dcountry just use bitcoin.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 01:50:18 PM

Anything is possible but I doubt it at this point. I still have a friend that plays pong on an old Atari PONG game console from 1976. I myself have a working copy of Geoworks Ensemble running on an 8088-XT that I type letters on and print them out using a 9 pin dot matrix printer. Historical curiosity alone will keep Bitcoin around forever. There is only one group or organization that is capable of destroying Bitcoin so completely that it is eradicated, the developers.

blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 02:08:43 PM

may be yess
in my opinion bitcoin will be unused after all people in the world after the apocalypse and all men die
not only bitcoin all currency will be unused too  Huh

Lol, i think it is too much, the apocalypse is still very long, we don't know bitcoin will forever exist all time or not?
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 02:27:05 PM

Bitcoin will be still alive in my part I don't think that bitcoin will just go like that. Maybe that the price will go down that is the only thing in my mind will happen. Bitcoins is something new that people use.
So at the end bitcoin would be the kinda new money for every one.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 2997

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 03:19:57 PM

Bitcoin will never be broken because we use this as ecurrency and payment for a job or anything..
And also we use it for our real life to buy foods or to pay for bills and also it uses it for any company
thats why bitcoin will never broken..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 03:25:25 PM

honestly i was never thinking bitcoin will disappear or become unused might be some countries banned bitcoin but it won't stop people using bitcoin and i wish in the future bitcoin will be accepted in all countries and recognized as the new currency
betohell

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:41:21 PM

I don't think bitcoin will be unused, as long as there's demand for bitcoin people will keep using it Cheesy
Though, if there's another cryptocurrency in the future that have more features compared to Bitcoin and people find it useful the might move away from Bitcoin to that Cryptocurrency Sad
But i do not see that happen in the future Tongue
it really all depends on the wearer. is a scary competitor is another coin that has the technology and features that are better,
I see a coin that has more features is on etherum

Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:06:18 AM

I dont think bitcoin will disappear. The network have grown, widely spread and its part of the economy now. Im sure after 10 years we will see all our speculation regarding in future of bitcoin.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 12:31:15 AM

nope, no law will be imprisoned if you use bitcoin, you're wrong, russia only restrict the use of bitcoin in the country,
almost all countries ban bitcoin, because too anonymous
betohell

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 04:20:04 PM

I dont think bitcoin will disappear. The network have grown, widely spread and its part of the economy now. Im sure after 10 years we will see all our speculation regarding in future of bitcoin.
yeah I think so, no one can stem bitcoin to be the best currency. the prohibition of government is not an issue at this time
bitcoin was still running

faridkifly

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:01:05 AM

i think bitcoin will be disapear..
over time, will be popping other coins which perhaps more potential than bitcoin
Bought

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:01:30 AM

I think bitcoins have a good futur. not much people use them and there is no real use for these people. The problem is that the people that doesn't use it is the majority of the planet. And you, what do you think about this? Will bitcoins have a glorious future?

I don't think it's possible.

It's impossible for the entire network to disappear as it's P2P, and there's a tiny tiny chance of it becoming unused.

Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:08:35 AM

over time, will be popping other coins which perhaps more potential than bitcoin
We've seen this with other coins in the past though, each one claiming to do x or y, and yet failing to be better than Bitcoin in that way. They simply don't get used, and due to the following Bitcoin has, and the reputation alts have, at this point, very few people are going to be willing to pioneer a new altcoin and actually accept it as a for of payment. After the huge 2014 craze where everyone was making their own altcoin, alts are more though of as either pump n dumps or jokes, and very few retain any legitimacy.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:40:54 AM

We've seen this with other coins in the past though, each one claiming to do x or y, and yet failing to be better than Bitcoin in that way. They simply don't get used, and due to the following Bitcoin has, and the reputation alts have, at this point, very few people are going to be willing to pioneer a new altcoin and actually accept it as a for of payment. After the huge 2014 craze where everyone was making their own altcoin, alts are more though of as either pump n dumps or jokes, and very few retain any legitimacy.

You have to think though, at the same time when a lot of devs were issuing out new altcoins during 2014, they were just simply renaming bitcoins "code" in a way and branding it with something stupid (i.e. dogecoin). Sure they may "change the rules" with the block and how many coins are distributed, but that doesn't mean that they pioneered anything legit.

The only thing that I have seen that has any real potential is the coins that are in the cryptonote field that gives users more anonymity than bitcoin.  Even though some coins are more sketchily produced with premines, there are some out there that actually have a chance in terms of gaining traction and users.

There was another "coin" that I saw that was eMunie, that doesn't necessarily use a blockchain, but rather a block"tree" if you will.  It allows insanely faster transaction per second speeds and is currently still under development.  I don't think they are even going to release the coin for adoption, until they get transactions going at the current speeds that visa or any other brand name card system has.

worhiper_-_

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:50:30 AM

I think bitcoin is receiving the use it receives today for good reasons. It's decentralization and and the fact that it's so robust and irreversible makes it good for many payments related to online services. But if people were to lose interest, mining started shrinking, then the system would start becoming more fragile. I don't think bitcoin will disappear but it could surely end up being "abadonware" in a state that other cryptocoins have ended up as well. Bitcoin's the least likely victim right now though, given that it has the biggest user base.
BowYang

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:10:19 AM

No, i think they will become more and more used.
27QVUTZj8rgZP1

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:44:38 PM

Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused?
In my opinion:
Bitcoin will never reach mainstream adoption.

But there will always be some (relatively) small number of people using it... 10, 20, 30, 40, 50... years from now little to nothing will change.

If the average people are paid in fiat currency, then why should they bother with Bitcoin... It is so confusing, complex. It is way easier to shop with your bank debit card.

It is right I use Bitcoin, but I just use it because I was able to transfer my funds with less costs and because I am being paid in Bitcoins. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

But Bitcoin is revolutionary, and blah, blah, blah...
Yea, it is. And I wanted it to succeed like many people think here... But it will never happen.

It will probably remain used by this same, relatively small number of people who are just thinking about locking their so valuable private keys in a dark room and cheer for a price increase.

End of opinion.

Bitcoin address: 1RepentJESUSisComingSoon777kqd54C

And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. - Revelation 22:12
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: