Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:25:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused?  (Read 26751 times)
Jasad
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

= jasad =

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:54:20 PM

bitcoin will dissapeared when satoshi appeared to the public.
so the answer same as it will not happened in this short time like 5-10 years bitcoin will still exist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:52:19 PM

bitcoin will dissapeared when satoshi appeared to the public.
so the answer same as it will not happened in this short time like 5-10 years bitcoin will still exist.

Bitcoins will exist for many years but we are not sure at what price it will reach and be stable as there would be many other currencies would be entering into market and bitcoins will surely face a competition from them but it will not totally disappeared, It would be in market for many years might become useless or people will switch to other better currency as compared to bitcoins.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:57:57 PM

it cant happen in my opinion if everything will keep on going normally and countries will not start banning cryptocurrencies in order to save the banks if it will not happen bitcoin is safe and i believe that its price will keep on increasing and the community of bitcoin will keep getting bigger

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:08:14 PM

Never say never, but for me it is very unlikely that something like this will happen.
Remember the market cap is billions, so much money won't just dissapear..
~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:29:03 PM

I have some doubt deep into my mind that bitcoin may get disappear or get dumped in future when technology get more advanced and computer which can solve difficult problems within seconds. But i dont think it will be sooner or within 10-20 years, so i will keep on trusting bitcoin.

jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 06:40:51 PM

I don't think it will become obsolete. The infrastructure and purpose are innovating the complete industry.

Which is why so many companies; banks, cc companies etc are so scared.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 05:17:08 PM

I have some doubt deep into my mind that bitcoin may get disappear or get dumped in future when technology get more advanced and computer which can solve difficult problems within seconds. But i dont think it will be sooner or within 10-20 years, so i will keep on trusting bitcoin.

Bitcoin has nothing to do with the solutions of various problems and even less with the difficulty or the time needed to solve this kind of every other kind of problems. There is not normal logic used in your post. Because the technology will be for sure more advanced but even bitcoin will become better being the first invention of the technology which will change all the others. It is the first of a new race. There must be much other after it (as are already) but bitcoin will have (with big probability) always the first place. Not a case is the main point of reference for all the cryptos in existence.
PantFire

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 05:24:36 PM

may be if gorverment taking action .
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 05:30:30 PM

As satoshi has said bitcoin or will be the most cryptocurrency used, considered as the top digital currency.
Or bitcoin will be shut down, but for now as the technology is going on so fast there is a good future for bitcoin

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 05:37:33 PM

I think it has to get past its growing pains before it can be considered a fixture. Right now most of the world doesn't care and doesn't believe they need it. It's only got so much time to make its case. The ideas it's created will live on forever but not very many people will care if bitcoin itself fades away with the amount of users it has now.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 06:27:59 PM

If a another crypto coin will become popular then bitcoin, then yes bitcoin will die a slow death like most altcoins.

Question is though, which altcoin could even try to compete with bitcoin. I've seen none.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 06:37:27 PM

Bitcoin's usage will only keep going up as society becomes more and more monitored by governments as they get rid of physical cash. By then Bitcoin will be 100.000+USD and an insanely valuable asset since it will be the only way to escape tyrannical gov control.
sahliano

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:07:49 PM

i don't think that bitcoin will disapeer any time soon only if somekind world disaster will make it disapear like WW3 or something like that
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:21:43 PM

Bitcoin's usage will only keep going up as society becomes more and more monitored by governments as they get rid of physical cash. By then Bitcoin will be 100.000+USD and an insanely valuable asset since it will be the only way to escape tyrannical gov control.

True and in this way we will see bitcoin become more and more popular. When there is a moment of real value and usage there is now way
bitcoin could dissapear, since nobody would stop using something that has value.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:32:56 PM

Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused?
In my opinion:
Bitcoin will never reach mainstream adoption.

But there will always be some (relatively) small number of people using it... 10, 20, 30, 40, 50... years from now little to nothing will change.

If the average people are paid in fiat currency, then why should they bother with Bitcoin... It is so confusing, complex. It is way easier to shop with your bank debit card.

It is right I use Bitcoin, but I just use it because I was able to transfer my funds with less costs and because I am being paid in Bitcoins. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

But Bitcoin is revolutionary, and blah, blah, blah...
Yea, it is. And I wanted it to succeed like many people think here... But it will never happen.

It will probably remain used by this same, relatively small number of people who are just thinking about locking their so valuable private keys in a dark room and cheer for a price increase.

End of opinion.
You will be surprised that there are many people nowadays that are becoming more concerned about their privacy, and one of the main point of Bitcoin is the privacy itself Wink

Also, try to watch Bitcoin: The end of money as we know it, that films explains really good and actually logical to me at least
Give it a try, no harm's in trying Tongue
defaultking

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:10:03 PM

Unless bitcoin stops evolving it will never become unused in my opinion. I think people will continue to adopt the use of it which will then drive companies like amazon and netflix to start accepting bitcoin which will further drive the adoption of bitcoin. Just think if you're a company the size of amazon and are charged 2-3% anytime someone purchases a product. If bitcoin could drive that cost down to 1% or less think about the possible savings for the company.

Do I think bitcoin will be the digital currency of the future. Who knows. It's currently set-up in a place to make that happen, but in 10 years if it doesn't continue to improve it could be left behind for a newer more "improved" digital currency.
bikoBoy

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:43:50 AM

I doubt that will happen, I think BTC has a huge potential.
lolgato

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 03:53:08 AM

I doubt bitcoin will be unused because I will still be using it  Grin but seriously bitcoin is the future to digital payments.
Bjiornulf (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 06:12:27 AM

OK I understand many of you think and hope bitcoin will still exist. Yes, it WAS revolutionary, but today there are many more cryptos.

The problem is that it's not something vital. And when something better just pops, bitcoin could desapear. I know it let's you hide money, make nearly costless transactions, and may more. But the day something with the same or better caracteristics is created and is revolutionary just like bitcoin was, then it is very likely to replace it.

Btw I'm realy happy to have so many answers.  Cheesy
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:19:42 PM

OK I understand many of you think and hope bitcoin will still exist. Yes, it WAS revolutionary, but today there are many more cryptos.

The problem is that it's not something vital. And when something better just pops, bitcoin could desapear. I know it let's you hide money, make nearly costless transactions, and may more. But the day something with the same or better caracteristics is created and is revolutionary just like bitcoin was, then it is very likely to replace it.

Btw I'm realy happy to have so many answers.  Cheesy

You say that there is a lot of other cryptocurrencies, but it was been already proven by the past, this is not because you have a lot of fancy features that you are popular and used and thus valuable. What make Bitcoin strong is that it is the first cryptocurrency (just this would be enough) and that it is well-known (in a quite relative way). Most of people around the world aren't even aware of Bitcoin, so don't try to get them on the boat by advertising shitcoin#3617.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: