Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 08:25:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused?  (Read 26751 times)
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:26:18 PM

Its nearly impossible now for bitcoin to become unused until its value reached 0 whoch is not possible for anything in this world. Money value can go up and down so it has some value i can sell it and can buy candys this is the reason which creating demands in the market and demand and supply means its useful
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 08:53:32 PM

It depends how you define "use". If you define  "use" as a way of stroing your money, like gold today for example, than it will be used. But for everyday to day transactions in your grosser store or petrol station it might not be very useful due to 10 min or more, confirmation time.
a good answer, I think you have a good analysis, it bitcoin will not disappear, if it is used for investment or kept in storage is good, but if it is used for payment, may bitcoin will be abandoned if bitcoin have longer time confirmation.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
RoseMann

Activity: 270

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 09:22:32 PM

Its nearly impossible now for bitcoin to become unused until its value reached 0 whoch is not possible for anything in this world. Money value can go up and down so it has some value i can sell it and can buy candys this is the reason which creating demands in the market and demand and supply means its useful

We can buy things with bitcoin, so the bitcoin has value. We also can hold the bitcoin as it has value.

btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 09:29:02 PM

I don't think bitcoins have a good futur. Not much people use them and there is no real use for these people. The problem is that the people that doesn't use it is the majority of the planet. And you, what do you think about this? Will bitcoins have a glorious future or a realy bad one?
Most people consider bitcoin as an alternative to fiat while both fiat and bitcoin can and should go hand in hand.Lets be honest,Bitcoin can not replace fiat completely so the number of people using bitcoin will always be less than numbers of people using fiat.But that doesn't mean bitcoin has gleamy future.Bitcoin will stay here for ever and grow in popularity and usage
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:44:17 AM

i dont think so...for me it will be a future money...
there is still alot of people dont know about bitcoin....im sure if they know and understand they will be use
there are many people who know about bitcoin but they were indifferent and uninterested. there are pros and cons
not all people like bitcoin
This inhibits the spread of bitcoin, of course,

This is true but I believe that as long as there is a good amount of demand for bitcoin
Like there is right now, bitcoin will keep on growing and evolving
bitcoin has spread to all arounds of the world, many countries
many people who have joined, each year the demand and members of bitcoin continue to grow, I think it is impossible to be unused
Cs87kxy

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

https://BoostCrypto.com - Earn 250% in 200 Hours

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:46:54 AM

In a long time it can disappear, as a tech, can become obsolete, or can become "bored", not more trendy, then yes disappear, but before become less used.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2016, 10:14:21 AM

Its a technology and in time it might get replaced by a better one therefore it needs to be always improved so it always remains on top. My concern is the mining, it is getting to centralized, lets see what happens to it after the halving.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 11:00:24 AM

It depends how you define "use". If you define  "use" as a way of stroing your money, like gold today for example, than it will be used. But for everyday to day transactions in your grosser store or petrol station it might not be very useful due to 10 min or more, confirmation time.
a good answer, I think you have a good analysis, it bitcoin will not disappear, if it is used for investment or kept in storage is good, but if it is used for payment, may bitcoin will be abandoned if bitcoin have longer time confirmation.
as for me, i prefer bitcoin for online payment and as an invetment, yeah bitcoin is the simplest, easiest means of paying for things online but i saw on tv and youtube people right now starting using bitcoin in cofee or store, and it looks they dont have a problem with confirmation time, moreover to decrease the confirmation time, we can do that by increaseing the fee's right?? please correct me if iam wrong
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 12:04:41 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2016, 07:42:26 PM by Amph

Its a technology and in time it might get replaced by a better one therefore it needs to be always improved so it always remains on top. My concern is the mining, it is getting to centralized, lets see what happens to it after the halving.

the halving will only make it even more centralized, so there is nothing to see

also the new technology that might come out, can be integrated in bitcoin as a upgrade before it actually come out

after all you can not have something which differentiate too much from centralized or decentralized

if this new tech is centralized, i would not care much, it is like fiat trash, if it is not, then it might not be considered completely new
ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 04:06:34 PM

My concern is the mining, it is getting to centralized, lets see what happens to it after the halving.

Today 80% of hashpower is in about 5 centralized pools. I dont think this year halving will make any difference to this as the today Bitcoin price above 400 USD make it profitable to mine in areas with cheap electricity even after the block reward drops to 12.5 Bitcoins

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 06:52:50 PM

also the new technology that might come out, can be integrated in bitcoin as a upgrade before it actually come out

after all you can not have something which differentiate too much from centralized or decentalized

if this new tech is centralized, i would not care much, it is like fiat trash, if it is not, then it might not be considered completely new

Totally agree. New techs could be implemented in Bitcoin.
Bitcoin's greatest advantage is that it is the first of it's kind and therefore the network effect it has will the biggest hurdle new coins/blockchains will have to overcome.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 09, 2016, 07:16:41 PM

after all you can not have something which differentiate too much from centralized or decentalized

Totally agree. New techs could be implemented in Bitcoin.
Bitcoin's greatest advantage is that it is the first of it's kind and therefore the network effect it has will the biggest hurdle new coins/blockchains will have to overcome.
We all are heading towards the future with Bitcoins life. All the Bitcoins users are getting benefits.then how come we can think that it will be vanished and totally disappear. There will be 100 percent new technology will come to keep protecting and giving the better benefits then at present.
kheein

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

Turn your financial ideas into reality

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:58:36 AM

maybe,this time bitcoin will continue to grow . as investors see that bitcoin more years of increasing demand. we can see the volume in all exchange today.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
RoseMann

Activity: 270

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 08:18:41 PM

My concern is the mining, it is getting to centralized, lets see what happens to it after the halving.

Today 80% of hashpower is in about 5 centralized pools. I dont think this year halving will make any difference to this as the today Bitcoin price above 400 USD make it profitable to mine in areas with cheap electricity even after the block reward drops to 12.5 Bitcoins

The halving will make the hashing power more concentrated. Most home mining will be driven out if the price does not increase.

Hellacopter

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:53:17 PM

No i don't think so, but i think Bitcoin have shining future and will be soon global currency and could even being the first used currency worldwide, as the price increase and bitcoin's growing up daily
fuathan

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

Aleph.im

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:19:08 AM

Nope... At least 20 years. If quantum computers misused it then it will be disappeared.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:21:32 AM

Nope... At least 20 years. If quantum computers misused it then it will be disappeared.
It all comes down to what people use quantum computers for. If someone manages to break the Bitcoin encryption, then they have the capacity to break every other form of encryption as well.

Unless someone manages to get their hands on a quantum computer anytime soon, I doubt they'll be able to properly use it.
Jordan23

Activity: 382
Merit: 311

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:35:50 AM

A better question is why do people think because not everyone jumped on Bitcoin immediately it won't work?

How many people had email in 1995? Remember it was hard to use and the majority of the people didn't have email. Email failed remember?
relq

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 12:55:59 AM

I don't think bitcoins will disapear or become unused. especially since last week the bitcoin price keep increase. i think someday bitcoins will booming and all people will use it.
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:52:48 AM

I do not think so, Bitcoin is already used and it's like global currency nowadays and with best features

So i think Bitcoin's having good future
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: