Bitcoin Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:59:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused?  (Read 26751 times)
MTBTT

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:29:57 PM

There's just too much time and money invested to cryptocurrencies, I don't think bitcoin will ever die unless no one uses it anymore. I personally won't stop using btc so long as you guys and those merchants accepting btc keep accepting as well. AS of now, btc is now and at the same time an investment which will grow for years and years.
when viewed from the growth of members, bitcoin users always growing and growing every year, I would say it is impossible to happen if everyone leaves bitcoin
there must be some people who will survive and will definitely start to increase again
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:40:41 PM

No its not it will not happen bitcoin has a good future and no can break it. but im wondering if its happen
 I can live if bitcoins is gone because i collecting bitcoin to live and to paying bills..
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:06:55 PM

I don't think bitcoins have a good futur. Not much people use them and there is no real use for these people. The problem is that the people that doesn't use it is the majority of the planet. And you, what do you think about this? Will bitcoins have a glorious future or a realy bad one?

Yes, not many people use them and know it. However, here they are, with a good value and many of those who use them, taking a profit.

Perhaps it will never pass this level, but even if that does not happen, it will still be a good way to trade, earn or save some money. It might have not a greater future than this, but it still has a good present.

The present of bitcoins is good and we should accept it as nothing lasts forever. It's true that bitcoins may not have any
real value as it's virtual but still it's currency that has value online and if now people aren't much aware about it and
don't find it useful, tomorrow when they read and know about it, they too will start using it. It has no disadvantages as of
now if one just uses the currency for trading purposes.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:12:50 PM

There's a big chance that BTC can disappear in the upcoming years due to lack of use really, it can only stay as a commodity for so long where there's no actual use for it. To avoid that Bitcoin should find a niche or become the standard for a method of payment, either digital goods or big transactions. Right now it's not needed at all for the common person.
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 06:12:52 PM

People thought that bitcoin will disappear from the economy a while ago, however the coins have passed the test of time and it is even growing at a speed rate know could ever imagine of. Now that big financial institutions in the world are supporting and investing in bitcoins, it is a indication that they will not run out of market. It is a force that is here to reckon. I am so sure that by the end of this year, the digital currency might have been allowed in very many nations.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 06:17:13 PM

I believe that Bitcoin or a form of digital currency is now here to stay. Personally I think bitcoin is for the long term.

ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:10:45 PM

I believe that Bitcoin or a form of digital currency is now here to stay. Personally I think bitcoin is for the long term.
The party of Bitcoins user just started, those who thinks Bitcoins will disappear from digital market will lose the money, will miss Bitcoins too much in the future. When they will see others are selling Bitcoins in a very high rates then his imagination.
Bjiornulf (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:41:44 PM

how about fee ?
also in my opinion credit card is "fake money", it is only "online number" without back up anything, it's like fiat in bank, bitcoin is "real thing in online world" . you will never lost any satoshi for hold it, and bitcoin can not go bankrupt, and someday if bank get bankrupt you lost your money

No, bitcoins are not something real, they are just numbers.
sishendaoye

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 09:25:16 PM

People thought that bitcoin will disappear from the economy a while ago, however the coins have passed the test of time and it is even growing at a speed rate know could ever imagine of. Now that big financial institutions in the world are supporting and investing in bitcoins, it is a indication that they will not run out of market. It is a force that is here to reckon. I am so sure that by the end of this year, the digital currency might have been allowed in very many nations.

True, but what happeneds if the mining part is over and the price vs energy cost are not important anymore?

My fear is the price will crash and that money will go to other digital forms of payment.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 06:51:18 AM

I think in the future where technology is advancing rapidly, bitcoin will not disappear because of the growing age of bitcoin will be increasingly adopted by many people

Yes, for the digital world, bitcoin is the right format of money. When we are moving towards the digitalization of everything, bitcoin would be the obvious form of digital money. So, there are no chances for bitcoin becoming getting unused.

correct, moreover now all the people need gadgets, all the activities connected to the Internet, I believe digital technology will continue to grow and bitcoin will start to spread
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 11:35:09 AM

Ok I maybes messed up with my opinion, for sure there will still be someone to use it. But who cares half a million people use bitcoin? And the simple people just want somethibg EASY to use : you got a credit card and you just need to know a 4 number code, easy as hell and it is already the standart.

Normal people care more and more about their privacy. Only this can attract a few millions people. And if you talk about low transfer fees and the absence of political control, anyone can have a rejoin to join us.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 02:42:02 PM

Not any time soon, but bitcoin is not the end of every development in crypto word. Just like everything it will be replaced by something newer and better in future. That is the purpose of progress and innovation.
I don't think so in the near future as well as a long time, a competitor of crypto will always appear, they will have better technology
but I believe bitcoin will survive with that issue, we first spread out than coming
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:12:52 PM

Not any time soon, but bitcoin is not the end of every development in crypto word. Just like everything it will be replaced by something newer and better in future. That is the purpose of progress and innovation.
I don't think so in the near future as well as a long time, a competitor of crypto will always appear, they will have better technology
but I believe bitcoin will survive with that issue, we first spread out than coming

Yes even a competitor comes with some new technology, it would be much easier to implement them within bitcoin ecosystem. So, any new better technology is not a problem for bitcoin. I could not find any reasons that will make bitcoin unused. Bitcoin will be here and with us for ever.
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 07:15:45 PM

I fear it sometimes because I worry about my money. Therefore the blockhalving is like a big thing for me.

IF the price won't go up, i make sure to sell my coins.
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 06, 2016, 08:56:15 PM

I don't think bitcoins have a good futur. Not much people use them and there is no real use for these people. The problem is that the people that doesn't use it is the majority of the planet. And you, what do you think about this? Will bitcoins have a glorious future or a realy bad one?

Actually we are the first generation testing this currency and it is almost impossible to predict with complete certainty what will occur with the bitcoin, that is why I try to get some bitcoins as a potential source of wealth, but with no hurries.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 08:03:42 AM

True, but what happeneds if the mining part is over and the price vs energy cost are not important anymore?

My fear is the price will crash and that money will go to other digital forms of payment.

it is more likely that some fiat will crash and the money will be sucked into bitcoin, than anything else

i'm not talking about major fiat like usd and euro or cny, but minor fiat are not secure right now, i cna say that soem of them are comparable to the stability of some altcoin
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 08:19:33 AM

That won't be possible in my opinion bitcoin can still grow.

For me bitcoin is a future money so yeah.
By the way bitcoin won't just disappear maybe go a low price.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:00:13 AM

Yes even a competitor comes with some new technology, it would be much easier to implement them within bitcoin ecosystem. So, any new better technology is not a problem for bitcoin. I could not find any reasons that will make bitcoin unused. Bitcoin will be here and with us for ever.
I also have the same confidence with you, they are not a problem, we've first got to grow and spread than with them (competitors) bitcoin has more users, which can not be rivaled by any other crypto
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 09:56:35 AM

I've thought about this and it will become unused eventually. No doubt about that.
But I do think it will be in the end of this century rather then the beginning.
kevin go

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2016, 10:10:48 AM

i dont think so...for me it will be a future money...
there is still alot of people dont know about bitcoin....im sure if they know and understand they will be use
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: