Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:41:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $20,087.25 worth of BTC for sale.  (Read 6184 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ClownSpider (OP)

Activity: 570
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:58:37 AM

The vehicle I want is fully functional and doesn't need any prep.  Paperwork literally takes 10 minutes and 20 minutes max if a fax machine is involved.  Most people drive away within 1 hour or 2.  Waiting a day after making a deal is unacceptable and ridiculous everywhere I have seen.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MyBTT

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:23:24 PM

Hey, as PM'd.

I think there's a bit of a misunderstanding here, I posted the list because I thought you might needed some tips on which escrows to use. I don't think that I mentioned to you that I was interested in the deal however I thought it was my fault mainly for the misunderstanding.

I would deal with you, however I don't have that much spare cash sitting in my bank account right now.

Sorry again and good luck.

give me until tomorrow to contact the dealer and make arrangements, mean while I will see if we have 10 escrow guys that look good.

I suggest for the 10 escrows you're looking for:

1. Devthedev
2. Monbux
3. Blazed
4. Tomatocage
5. Master-p
6. Mitchell
7. Ognasty
8. SebastianJu
9. Bitpop
and 10. Dabs

I would trust any of them for the total amount though. Good luck.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:28:28 PM

Three of 10 escrow members responded.
1 of 3 did not want to join because of other escrows being involved.

Turns out I misunderstood, and MyBTT was offering the idea and not offering to buy the BTC.

So this just isn't workable.
I'll just cold store the BTC and forget about it for 5+ years, maybe then BTC will be something people actually accept in stores.

Currently nobody knows what the hell bitcoin is, and nobody accepts it.  
Save for a few random small shops that sell small things.

Bitpremier is a scam site, and I don't need 43k worth of domain names.
So that is just disappointing.
I honestly am not a big fan of bitcoin anymore.
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:31:07 PM

Three of 10 escrow members responded.
1 of 3 did not want to join because of other escrows being involved.

Turns out I misunderstood, and MyBTT was offering the idea and not offering to buy the BTC.

So this just isn't workable.
I'll just cold store the BTC and forget about it for 5+ years, maybe then BTC will be something people actually accept in stores.

Currently nobody knows what the hell bitcoin is, and nobody accepts it.  
Save for a few random small shops that sell small things.

Bitpremier is a scam site, and I don't need 43k worth of domain names.
So that is just disappointing.
I honestly am not a big fan of bitcoin anymore.

I'm sorry again for the misunderstanding. My fault.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 07:51:10 PM

You just need to sell the coins on an exchange and be done with it. You just have somewhat unrealistic expectations on cashing out some coins is all. What kind of car is it anyways...I am curious.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:08:20 PM

You just need to sell the coins on an exchange and be done with it. You just have somewhat unrealistic expectations on cashing out some coins is all. What kind of car is it anyways...I am curious.

I would like a car tomorrow.
An exchange requires time, verification time, and a US bank account, all things I don't have time for.
I also do not have a USA bank account.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 08:17:06 PM

I would like a car tomorrow.
An exchange requires time, verification time, and a US bank account, all things I don't have time for.
I also do not have a USA bank account.

Hence the unrealistic expectations part of what I said. Pretty hard to go and buy a car without a bank account...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:11:04 PM

You could just buy the car with bitcoin and avoid all the hassle?

Buy any kind of car:
http://cars.overstock.com/?referrer_id=ZOSCOHP0001&TID=HEAD:Cars

Buy any car and have it delivered:
https://www.beepi.com/

Have a custom electric car made to order:
https://www.teslamotors.com/

There are actually many other car dealerships that take bitcoin. Your wasting your time and bitcoin switching back and forth between currencies. Bitcoin IS MONEY!

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:34:10 PM

Buy any kind of car:

There are actually many other car dealerships that take bitcoin. Your wasting your time and bitcoin switching back and forth between currencies. Bitcoin IS MONEY!

1)  Overstock.com does NOT accept bitcoin.
Overstock.com does NOT sell cars.

2) Beepi might work.  It took google just to find the word "bitcoin", and appears that bitcoin is not a component of their website or service.  It is merely mentioned in 1 review.

3)  Teslamotors does not accept bitcoin.  The website accepts a single visa, or checking account, and 1 other thing but no bitcoin.

I will look at Beepi
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:37:18 PM

Hence the unrealistic expectations part of what I said. Pretty hard to go and buy a car without a bank account...

That is quite wrong.  A bank account could only be used via debit card or checking to buy anything.

Most people finance a car, use cash, or credit card, money orders,, and those do not require a bank account.

Checks are rarely accepted anywhere in 2015, and definitely NOT for a car incase they bounce.

Most car purchases would never involve a bank account.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 11:54:23 PM

Uh:
http://www.overstock.com/bitcoin

You can now buy thousands of Overstock.com products with Bitcoins! We've partnered with Coinbase to become the first major retailer to accept the digital currency. So shop away!

Overstock should accept bitcoins if the CEO says they do.

What escrow can be trusted with 20k of untraceable anonymous unrefundable bitcoin?  It is the perfect currency for people to exit with.
A banks paper trail is more secure than any escrow that can be named.

All 10 of us mentioned in this thread can be trusted, as we've all held more than that amount, each. I believe some of the others have done 500~2000 bitcoins in the past too.

Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 12:15:27 AM

Have you tried talking to the dealership that you're looking to purchase the vehicle?

There's a small chance if you explain your situation and how easy it is to sell bitcoin off and the beneficial public exposure they could receive by accepting them might result in a win/win for all parties involved.  

When I bought my latest car, the salesperson was young and hungry enough to do just about anything for me to commit to the purchase.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 01:24:47 AM

Buy any kind of car:

Beepi.com is the answer!!!!!

Overstock does not have bitcoin as an option at checkout unfortunately.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 01:26:20 AM

Have you tried talking to the dealership that you're looking to purchase the vehicle?

There's a small chance if you explain your situation and how easy it is to sell bitcoin off and the beneficial public exposure they could receive by accepting them might result in a win/win for all parties involved.  

When I bought my latest car, the salesperson was young and hungry enough to do just about anything for me to commit to the purchase.

Most dealers try very very hard, but give up when they think you don't have money.
Bitcoin is unknown and therefore worthless to them.
They hit me with "why don't you turn it into cash and bring cash?"
Any answer other than "yes" is a reason for them to not accept bitcoin for the same reason I cannot cash it out.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 01:32:26 AM

Uh:
http://www.overstock.com/bitcoin

You can now buy thousands of Overstock.com products with Bitcoins! We've partnered with Coinbase to become the first major retailer to accept the digital currency. So shop away!

Overstock should accept bitcoins if the CEO says they do.

What escrow can be trusted with 20k of untraceable anonymous unrefundable bitcoin?  It is the perfect currency for people to exit with.
A banks paper trail is more secure than any escrow that can be named.

All 10 of us mentioned in this thread can be trusted, as we've all held more than that amount, each. I believe some of the others have done 500~2000 bitcoins in the past too.

Overstock does not have bitcoin as an option at checkout.   
Paypal's own website talks about accepting bitcoin, and they do not.
I have talked to paypal on the phone, with 4 different customer support people.
They all say they do NOT accept bitcoin in any way at all.  Even though their website says otherwise.

So overstock is just another talker.

And no matter what anyone says, I will never trust anyone with 500-2000 bitcoins.
Maybe when bitcoin was .50 cents each.  But when bitcoin is $450.00 each, no way in hell can you trust an anonymous 3rd party with bitcoin.  Look at MT gox.  I don't know you guys and there is zero recourse or accountability here.  So no thanks to that.

Hence the 10 escrow idea.

Bit beepi.com was the answer.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 01:59:10 AM

I can't really speak for the other 9, but I will take a stab at guessing that they don't really mind that much how much is the value of bitcoin relative to fiat. For me, bitcoin is it's own value, whether that's 1 BTC or 10,000 BTC the transaction and technology to do the transaction is the same. All of us use cold wallets, escrows are usually if not always on separate addresses.

As for beepi,

You can expect to see your Beepi car sitting in your driveway nine to eleven days after you’ve reserved or purchased a Beepi Car.

It says that in their FAQ.

But like you said, if you don't trust someone, don't use them. I'm just another guy who does 50k USD in transactions every month albeit not in bitcoin though.

Here's an old one:
http://blockchain.info/address/1Dabso5tsVpM9oZKxu8h4WYUUxjkwxC25Q

ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 02:06:46 AM

I have been getting PMs from people offering paypal, skrill, and another scam site that was full of bad English, broken links, unfinished social media links, offering bank wire services for BTC.  lol

So many scammers, and newbs with brand new accounts posting at me.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 06:58:59 AM

And no matter what anyone says, I will never trust anyone with 500-2000 bitcoins.
Maybe when bitcoin was .50 cents each.  But when bitcoin is $450.00 each, no way in hell can you trust an anonymous 3rd party with bitcoin.  Look at MT gox.  I don't know you guys and there is zero recourse or accountability here.  So no thanks to that.

I agree that there is always risk involved even when dealing with third party escrows regardless of how trusted they are so perhaps a multi-sig escrow solution would be best for your current needs?

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
nichlahghe5

Activity: 278

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:45:17 AM

I agree that there is always risk involved even when dealing with third party escrows regardless of how trusted they are so perhaps a multi-sig escrow solution would be best for your current needs?

Bitpay is the one true answer here. The op obviously failed at convincing the dealership to even open an account. Its sad.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 03:46:07 PM

Buy any kind of car:

1)  Overstock.com does NOT accept bitcoin.
Overstock.com does NOT sell cars.

2) Beepi might work.  It took google just to find the word "bitcoin", and appears that bitcoin is not a component of their website or service.  It is merely mentioned in 1 review.

3)  Teslamotors does not accept bitcoin.  The website accepts a single visa, or checking account, and 1 other thing but no bitcoin.

I will look at Beepi
1). Hmm. Since when has overstock stopped taking btc? I shop there all the time. And if you look at the link I sent, you will see that they do sell used and new cars of every kind.
2). have not shopped with them.
3). Not sure where Tesla is at the moment. But they have announced that they will build you a car for bitcoin if you ask them. 

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: