Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:27:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Halvening Party 2016  (Read 20063 times)
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1213

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:19:05 AM

My excitement with this was dealt a huge blow with this recent price drop. We were in a good place before Mike Hearn decided to crash the party. Now all those dumped coins needs to be absorbed and the price brought to it's previous levels, before we will see a big impact during the Halving.

The upside to this is all the cheaper coins that are on offer before the Halving. A lot of people can now buy cheaper coins, which they would not have had the opportunity to do, if this did not happen. So it has a positive and a negative side to the story. 
I think this is just temporary, the price will rise again for sure. Plus the block size debate will more a bit quicker now.

I will be ordering pizza for the block halving Smiley

Hear, hear! I was thinking the same thing about ordering pizza in celebration of the halving. Hopefully it doesn't cost us 10,000 BTC each. Smiley

I will be just observing how the price is increasing continuously. Before I haven't experienced watching it. If I get profit or earning than what I actually expected
will go for a long drive. The party for halving might be at the top of the hills.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jugador

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:21:58 AM

My excitement with this was dealt a huge blow with this recent price drop. We were in a good place before Mike Hearn decided to crash the party. Now all those dumped coins needs to be absorbed and the price brought to it's previous levels, before we will see a big impact during the Halving.

The upside to this is all the cheaper coins that are on offer before the Halving. A lot of people can now buy cheaper coins, which they would not have had the opportunity to do, if this did not happen. So it has a positive and a negative side to the story. 
I think this is just temporary, the price will rise again for sure. Plus the block size debate will more a bit quicker now.

Hear, hear! I was thinking the same thing about ordering pizza in celebration of the halving. Hopefully it doesn't cost us 10,000 BTC each. Smiley

I will be just observing how the price is increasing continuously. Before I haven't experienced watching it. If I get profit or earning than what I actually expected
will go for a long drive. The party for halving might be at the top of the hills.

I'm a little unsecure about this increase in price. It seems to me that if people were really believing it would rise after the halving, price would be already starting to reflect that... don't you think?
TECHNO55

Activity: 93

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:28:27 AM

I'm a little unsecure about this increase in price. It seems to me that if people were really believing it would rise after the halving, price would be already starting to reflect that... don't you think?

Not really! Coz the block size debates and uncertainty of its future make the price volatile. Some ppl turn to lose confidence to it.
fair_player

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:30:08 AM

Not really! Coz the block size debates and uncertainty of its future make the price volatile. Some ppl turn to lose confidence to it.

So, if block size debate goes on the halving might turn out to have no real  impact over bitcoin price?
Kewatia

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 10:28:46 AM

So, if block size debate goes on the halving might turn out to have no real  impact over bitcoin price?

The price now already has factor in the long debate of the block size. If the block size issue is solved, the price will rise a lot.
AMR008

Activity: 260
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 11:17:05 AM

Just on my screen to see the btc price rise Tongue Tongue
makingwin1

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:18:29 PM

as far that i can see bitcoin is going up very fast .
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2016, 01:48:20 PM

When is this halving actually estimated to  happen?
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:04:29 AM

I wonder if the BTC Halving might have unpredictable effects...  The unpredictable is usually bad.

Maybe various miners would drop out. 

Perhaps the block size problem/debate might affect things.

I would be curious to read what Bitcoiners who are programmers have to say!
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:42:41 AM

I would be curious to read what Bitcoiners who are programmers have to say!

up.

cloh76

Activity: 318

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:50:47 AM

When is the halving exactly? July 14th?

[ BTC Donations: 13RNJdT72WEd1FsT3CwdJ6jy9NAa7Hsb54 ]
Aamir1

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 05:59:37 AM

Do you have any plans for the evening Bitcoin halves?

If reading this retrospectively, what did you do the day of bitcoins halving?

I don't drink alcohol otherwise i surely would have enjoyed it with some cold beer Cheesy it will be a nice feeling anyway to see the price grow and grow.
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:43:31 AM

seriously why does everyone think the day the block reward halves the price of bitcoin will be worth twice as much..

i mean, the 15 million bitcoins that are currently out there wont be worth ANY more just because the reward halves..

miners personally have ZERO to do with raising the price of bitcoin.. if anything the huge mining corporations that dump them on the market daily because they need to recover costs make the price go down. not up..

peraine

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2016, 06:45:36 AM

I hope to partake in one. I'm new to this bitcoin world  Grin
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 08:37:18 AM

around july http://bitcoinclock.com/
Egenen

Activity: 268

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 11:46:53 AM

It is estimated to happen in the middle of July. But the hashing rate is rising fast, so it could be early July.

mrflibblehat

Activity: 350

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:25:03 PM

I'm worried that the halving might suddenly come sooner and we could all miss the party.

teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:31:27 PM

I'm worried that the halving might suddenly come sooner and we could all miss the party.
Well, the prediction for halving is not accurate and it might miss by a few days or weeks
But don't worry, if you wanna join the party then just buy a bunch of Bitcoin and you can get a nice profit when the time comes Wink
I myself already bought a small amount of it and looking for the halving Wink

FYI, you can check the countdown from halving here
http://www.bitcoinblockhalf.com/
blackbird307

Activity: 238

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 12:42:56 PM

Where is this party going to be again? Or is it an online thing?

nanonymousx

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 02:44:30 PM

I think the price will improve according to the common sense of decreased demand increasing price, it won't be instant or necessarily after the halving since it will be factored from this time, The halving might be a reason of the current rise in bitcoin price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: