Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:03:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Halvening Party 2016  (Read 20063 times)
bitcoin-hunter

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 08:12:18 AM

Do you have any plans for the evening Bitcoin halves?

If reading this retrospectively, what did you do the day of bitcoins halving?

I just go on doing the same thing I've been doing daily like trading and promoting my faucets and other programs that are bitcoin related..
Around this time everyone is hoping that the value of Bitcoin will be higher and that is because they already see now that the value is started to rise which that is really nice.
But some people also said that the value of Bitcoin wont even rise that much in the halving so we have just to wait and see for what will happen.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 08:38:08 AM

I'll have to watch that nite...I mine LTC and it is NOT halving....I guess that will tell us if LTC is linked to BTC via mostly trading and speculation (the 0.008 ltc to btc ratio it seems to like)

THEN heck....won't effect anything on my scrypt mining.

BUT perhaps the BTC halving will have the effect of BTC miners dumping outdated equipment which means maybe the network and difficulty will retract for a bit....maybe as much
as 25% some folk have said..that would maybe mean a price pull back from say 650 to 450 or so for BTC

How LTC will fare in all this I've no clue. But if LTC just continues to follow BTC as it has at the 0.008 ltc to btc ratio and on top of the fact that LTC IS NOT halving....I should be fine?

Anyway will be a watching the drama to see if Mario (BTC) crashes his go cart into a wall as Yoshi (LTC) safely stays on the sidelines and watches. Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 08:46:13 AM

I just go on doing the same thing I've been doing daily like trading and promoting my faucets and other programs that are bitcoin related..
Around this time everyone is hoping that the value of Bitcoin will be higher and that is because they already see now that the value is started to rise which that is really nice.
But some people also said that the value of Bitcoin wont even rise that much in the halving so we have just to wait and see for what will happen.

everybody has an opinion about bitcoin and its future these days. everyone is thinking they are speculation experts and that is why you see so many different ideas these days.
one says it is going up another says it is going down. i won't listen to anything that doesn't have any reasoning behind it

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1052

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 08:48:01 AM

because i still have about 0.8 which i kept for days since the day i invested to some ICO. i might earn more later and will not use them til halving.
so how sure are we now that bitcoin is going to skyrocket like 1200usd+?  i wanna party. maybe asking for loan and pay after when price increase Smiley

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 09:18:41 AM

because i still have about 0.8 which i kept for days since the day i invested to some ICO. i might earn more later and will not use them til halving.
so how sure are we now that bitcoin is going to skyrocket like 1200usd+?  i wanna party. maybe asking for loan and pay after when price increase Smiley

no, I am not sure it will go to $1,200 such as halving the first. do not expect too much. but $700-800 it could be a party Cool
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 09:27:39 AM

no, I am not sure it will go to $1,200 such as halving the first. do not expect too much. but $700-800 it could be a party Cool

I think that we wont see any $1200 for a while. But $700-800 in the short period is possible. That is still close to 100%+ to what the price was not so long ago. I estimate that the price will decline again after the halving making it not profitable for the miners with older hardware and we will see a decline in overall hashrate.

No one knows of course, but it's interesting to guestimate whatever will come.
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 09:41:17 AM

I think that we wont see any $1200 for a while. But $700-800 in the short period is possible. That is still close to 100%+ to what the price was not so long ago. I estimate that the price will decline again after the halving making it not profitable for the miners with older hardware and we will see a decline in overall hashrate.

No one knows of course, but it's interesting to guestimate whatever will come.
IRC the price to create a bitcoin without energy price costs is about $397.

If you double this, and have it coupled with the difficulty increase, it will mea n that bitcoin has to be at a minimum of $800 for mining it to be profitable
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 10:01:40 AM

I've run my plan for halving, just buy as much as possible, and collect as much as possible. when looking at the high price I would sell it and make a party Grin

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
DavidoAlto

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 02:56:45 PM

Everybody is hoping that the value of Bitcoin will be nice but the most people are telling that the halving will be not even that nice because the value has to be more.
And that is not the case now and the value was also a long time stable which that was a really bad moment for people who already have Bitcoin.
ning_chang

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 04:10:06 PM

I will staying all night long and i will see the price of the bitcoin continue rising, I maybe have some treat for my self for earning bitcoin before bitcoin halving. Bitcoin halving is like christmas to us
Akupuniard

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2016, 04:46:31 PM

I think that i will work, nothing special. I don't know what to celebrate this day Roll Eyes I am just happy that halving helped me to get more money, that's all.

ImHash

Activity: 924
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 10, 2016, 05:00:56 PM

You guys realize that these price changes going up and down and you profiting from it, costs other people their money right?
Because any money every one earning is a lost for some one else, lol now I see it's more like ponzi system that people getting paid
At the cost of others losing their money Angry
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 01:19:42 AM

You guys realize that these price changes going up and down and you profiting from it, costs other people their money right?
Because any money every one earning is a lost for some one else, lol now I see it's more like ponzi system that people getting paid

No. This is a total lie. Network effects are not a zero-sum game. When everyone benefits from using a new, more efficient technology, telephone, electricity, internet, bitcoin, highways, etc because it is cheaper to work as a network, then the total societal wealth is expanded. even if you don't want to be part of that new network you will still probably benefit in some way, but just not as much. It's called progress and please stop spreading such sneaky lies.

gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 01:49:11 AM

2016 is the time of occurrence of halving. This is very exciting because I could take a huge advantage. I save some bitcoin today and I'll sell it one day later after halving.
tiffyroman

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 02:11:13 AM

2016 is the time of occurrence of halving. This is very exciting because I could take a huge advantage. I save some bitcoin today and I'll sell it one day later after halving.

If there will be a halving and if the price really does indeed go up, I might actually have a party for myself with burgers and pizza and all!
Cryptonitex

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:18:10 AM

If there will be a halving and if the price really does indeed go up, I might actually have a party for myself with burgers and pizza and all!
Ill bring the beer!
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:28:37 AM

No. This is a total lie. Network effects are not a zero-sum game. When everyone benefits from using a new, more efficient technology, telephone, electricity, internet, bitcoin, highways, etc because it is cheaper to work as a network, then the total societal wealth is expanded. even if you don't want to be part of that new network you will still probably benefit in some way, but just not as much. It's called progress and please stop spreading such sneaky lies.

m_of_a

Yes, that would be my take as well.

As BTC (we hope) catches on more, and as more developers create more options for buying BTC and selling stuff for it, we indeed all win (on average).

providentmetals.com for me has been the big BTC game changer for me, allowing me to buy gold with BTC (even if prematurely, buying when BTC price was lower, *sigh*).
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 06:17:54 AM

Well, bitcoin halving is going to be a great day for bitcoin. The price could really go both ways since there might be a dump after the halving as many people are suggesting now.

But yeah, I'll have a big mac and fry, thanks Cheesy
hermanhs09

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:10:38 AM

Not really. I don't really celebrate after anything lol. It's nothing about bitcoin halving that is wrong, it's just my habits. Also, the price may drop after the halving since the hype goes off. Nothing to celebrate if it does.

But I'd always like a beer Cheesy
patronis

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 09:12:12 AM

For me life's been one mega party since bitcoin came into my life so many years ago. But I have no specific plan for the moment it halfs. Maybe I'll crack a nice bottle of Brandy and pour myself a glass.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: