Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:42:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Mining Hardware  (Read 1765 times)
dleader

Activity: 592
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 02:18:27 AM

just a question the big mining farms are making millions. Why is that so when small farms struggle to break even?

Also bno body answered yet. Can I connect remotely from another country?

You could add a Rasberry pi to the mix and monitor it from anywhere, even power on and off I believe.

http://getminera.com

Also someone mentioned the noise. S7's are LOUD. I brought one home to test and I could hear it from anywhere in the
house.  Comparable to a hair dryer on high... constantly running. But more watts lol.

"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:46:15 AM

just a question the big mining farms are making millions. Why is that so when small farms struggle to break even?

Also bno body answered yet. Can I connect remotely from another country?

You could add a Rasberry pi to the mix and monitor it from anywhere, even power on and off I believe.

http://getminera.com

Also someone mentioned the noise. S7's are LOUD. I brought one home to test and I could hear it from anywhere in the
house.  Comparable to a hair dryer on high... constantly running. But more watts lol.

The big farms have big starting capital and they get good deal on electricity. Like electricity here is 0.06 residential, but big industrial setup gets 0.03$/kWh (+10$/month per kW)

They get prices on the miners in bulk, its much cheaper, they get better prices on everything, so they make better profit.

At home you can easily make money too, you just need good electricity price.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:34:02 AM

If I told you I could get pretty much  free electricity (works out like 2-3 usd per month for one of the miners), I would manually set up the machines would anyone be interested in bulk buying with me to save cost all around? I can host the farm, provide the electricity for set price of 3 usd per month. all you would have to do is buy the rigs (I will pay equally for them also) and provide technical support. As you can see I sell physical bitcoins so I guess that shows I am trustworthy. I can disclose my full identity and contact address naturally.

Anyway if anyone wants to get involved great. I can probably afford 2 S7 miners at full price so if we get a few more people we could do it that way pending how many we have to buy to get a group discount..

Or I will try 1 or 2 by myself and see how it goes Smiley

To peel or not to peel.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:35:45 AM

If I told you I could get pretty much  free electricity (works out like 2-3 usd per month for one of the miners), I would manually set up the machines would anyone be interested in bulk buying with me to save cost all around? I can host the farm, provide the electricity for set price of 3 usd per month. all you would have to do is buy the rigs (I will pay equally for them also) and provide technical support. As you can see I sell physical bitcoins so I guess that shows I am trustworthy. I can disclose my full identity and contact address naturally.

Anyway if anyone wants to get involved great. I can probably afford 2 S7 miners at full price so if we get a few more people we could do it that way pending how many we have to buy to get a group discount..

This can probably get you right to the point;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=137.0

Its the sub board for dealing specifically with group buys. Just be careful because if you aren't here to scam people, some others, however may very well be here to scam you. So be really, really careful.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:38:50 PM

If I told you I could get pretty much  free electricity (works out like 2-3 usd per month for one of the miners), I would manually set up the machines would anyone be interested in bulk buying with me to save cost all around? I can host the farm, provide the electricity for set price of 3 usd per month. all you would have to do is buy the rigs (I will pay equally for them also) and provide technical support. As you can see I sell physical bitcoins so I guess that shows I am trustworthy. I can disclose my full identity and contact address naturally.

How much space are you talking about here?  Bitmain doesn't really offer much for bulk buying, and it doesn't sound like a set up that would be able to host 100+ S7. 

Would probably be better for you to just run 2 S7 for yourself, and with that cheap of power you should do quite fine!  If I knew how your set up would work we could maybe run more miners and split initial hardware costs, but would need more information.

gravitate (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:04:10 PM

How much space are you talking about here?  Bitmain doesn't really offer much for bulk buying, and it doesn't sound like a set up that would be able to host 100+ S7. 

Would probably be better for you to just run 2 S7 for yourself, and with that cheap of power you should do quite fine!  If I knew how your set up would work we could maybe run more miners and split initial hardware costs, but would need more information.

OK I will PM me if you know what you are doing Smiley

To peel or not to peel.
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 03:44:08 PM

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: