Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:59:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange noise coming from the sky  (Read 5662 times)
Lurk (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 05:44:28 AM

I live somewhat close to an airport. I've heard all sorts of aircraft from helicoptors to fighter jets. The sounds I heard today were not of this earth.

I always used to get excited about trying to see a u.f.o   or the idea that there is other life outside our planet....until today.

My wife and I were picking up after the cats, giving them water, food and changing the litter.  I heard what sounded like a fighter jet..I didnt think about it much more than that.
  As we were cleaning I noticed the sound did not go away but it was getting louder. I went out front to see what it could be and there was nothing in the sky except clouds. The noise sounded like a huge wind tunnel or constant flow of air or wind. there was no breeze everything was calm except this terrifying noise from above.  It sounded like a huge mother ship was overhead.  there was also a steady humming noise.

i cant explain what this sound was....but it was real.    I no longer wish to see a ufo and I'm kind of frightened the end of the world is coming soon.
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 08:52:26 AM

From what I've heard if these UFO's are of alien origin they seem to be pretty peaceful, they haven't shot at anyone and in fact I've read in places with reports from perfectly sane people who operated nuclear missile sites etc. that they've attempted to turn those off. Who knows if they're aliens? They do clearly seem to know however that the Earth is a pretty fucked up place right now so they're keeping their distance.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 09:06:16 AM

I live somewhat close to an airport. I've heard all sorts of aircraft from helicoptors to fighter jets. The sounds I heard today were not of this earth.

I always used to get excited about trying to see a u.f.o   or the idea that there is other life outside our planet....until today.

My wife and I were picking up after the cats, giving them water, food and changing the litter.  I heard what sounded like a fighter jet..I didnt think about it much more than that.
  As we were cleaning I noticed the sound did not go away but it was getting louder. I went out front to see what it could be and there was nothing in the sky except clouds. The noise sounded like a huge wind tunnel or constant flow of air or wind. there was no breeze everything was calm except this terrifying noise from above.  It sounded like a huge mother ship was overhead.  there was also a steady humming noise.

i cant explain what this sound was....but it was real.    I no longer wish to see a ufo and I'm kind of frightened the end of the world is coming soon.

Sounds like a high altitude supersonic jet. The sound wont seem to come from the direction of the aircraft so you'll be looking in the wrong direction and you'll probably look lower than it is too.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 09:07:41 AM

From what I've heard if these UFO's are of alien origin they seem to be pretty peaceful, they haven't shot at anyone and in fact I've read in places with reports from perfectly sane people who operated nuclear missile sites etc. that they've attempted to turn those off. Who knows if they're aliens? They do clearly seem to know however that the Earth is a pretty fucked up place right now so they're keeping their distance.

Exactly, we are ~7 Billion, but have enough nuclear weapons to kill over 40 billion, or to wipe out all (complex) live on earth multiple Times.

Just ask yourself, would you get in contact with us?

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
3btc

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 10:36:30 AM

Just ask yourself, would you get in contact with us?

Sell * Buy * Anything * Decentralized * Free

OpenBazaar.Org
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 02:55:15 PM

You live close to an airport, you heard sounds of a fighter jet, and you are worried?

Don't worry - the sounds you heard were made on this earth.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 03:37:39 PM

Why would one jump to the least likely explanation for a weird sound?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 04:01:30 PM

Fear not from what you see and hear, for they can be identified through investigation. It's what you cannot see and hear that you must be concerned about.  Shocked

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
naypalm
Legendary

Activity: 1272
Merit: 1012

howdy

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 04:01:54 PM

The sound you were hearing was the sound of recent Off-Topic threads.

underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 06:55:10 PM

It was a debt-collecting helicopter.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 07:51:14 PM

The sound of the famous BTC rocket lifting off.
Fcx35x10

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:12:33 PM

oh it's just china spying on our communications
Lurk (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:17:23 PM

It was a debt-collecting helicopter.

haha  i guess i deserve that.  funny stuff
ildubbioso

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 08:54:10 PM

This is a documentary about the strange sounds, the sound is the same?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51DJpmer8dE&feature=plcp
Distribution

Activity: 711
Merit: 500

Fight fire with photos.

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 09:34:26 PM

Check these out: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_unexplained_sounds

Just in case the world ends in your city, you should probably backup your bitcoins. Send them to me. Unencrypted of course, in case I have to send them to you in a hurry while you're seeking refuge.
Lurk (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 10:00:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bju3pHUL45w

Wow... found this video..  this is exactly what I heard  but the sound is soo huge in person its very scary...it just sounds like there is a leak in the sky or something.

It last far to long to be a jet.....i cant believe i found a video of this.   it sounds like wind but its not....the whole sky from abaove makes this noise.

crazy
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 10:24:53 PM

If you hear a loud noise in the sky and start seeing people floating up, then you can worry.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
BitBlitz

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

Turning money into heat since 2011.

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 10:37:19 PM

The only way to find out for sure is to run around in the yard at night, naked, and blinking a flashlight at the sky.  If you wake up with a sore butt and can't remember anything, it was definitely aliens.  Although, if you also wake up with five bucks in your hand, the result in inconclusive...

I see the value of Bitcoin, so I don't worry about the price...
underminer

Not for hire.

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 10:39:06 PM

How did you know what I like to do Friday nights?  Shocked

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 08, 2012, 10:49:15 PM

People have been discussing these events for quite a while on abovetopsecret.com

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: