Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:22:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: need a laon with collt  (Read 416 times)
prundeagab (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:56:28 PM

i want laon of 0.1btc
repayment:after 5days
interest:10%
collt:ebay gift card having $365 in it you can verify it by calling free ebay support about the balance
addy:177HkBFF2PKnJyS328FzF28z5aQWE8FvLN
why i need laon:have to buy something
any help will be appreciated
Athertle

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 02:58:02 PM

What is not considered collateral?

- Items not in hand.  Don't trust a user that promises to give you something *when* they default!  Tracking numbers only show something has been mailed - it could be an empty box.
- Future income.  You can prove you'll make xx coins in the next few days, but nothing forces you to send those coins to pay your debt.
- Identification.  So what if they can prove who they are.  Are you going to spend more money and time taking them to court on untested legal grounds?  You'll probably just walk away, like everyone does.  ID is useless.
- Games codes or similar.  To verify the collateral you need to use the code, which destroys the collateral.  Consider this a purchase, not a loan.  (Post in Digital Goods instead)
- Most new alt-coins or alt-coins that trade for satoshis are not good collateral as they can become worthless overnight.
- Paypal should never be used - they are anti-bitcoin and will rule against you 100% of the time.  Escrow can't even help, as paypal charge backs can come over 6 months later!
- Most valuable online accounts can easily be recovered by social engineering (the user contacting support to say they were hacked, and regain control of the account)  Examples:  Steam

Although the eBay gift card is not covered in the quote, it isn't valid because you may have bought it with a credit card that is able to chargeback the purchase.

CoreTrust

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:59:14 PM

I guess I can do this for you but I would redeem the giftcard on an account rather than keeping the code.

Once the loan is over, I would give you the account.  Let me know if you want to take me up on this offer.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1294630.0

Edit: Nevermind
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: