Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:16:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: And some more delays in BFL shipment plans / no shipment before 14th Jan 2013  (Read 22690 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 01:11:24 PM

Hey, where'd you hear that?  Why wasn't I informed of this?  Argh!

PS - My job is not PR or investor relations, which is why I don't coddle idiots like Frizz and PuertoLibre when they display their stupidity over and over.  If I were the PR guy, I'd have to tell them warm fuzzies and make them feel good about themselves.  Thankfully, my job is much different and it involves firing "customers" like Frizz et al because they cost far more than they generate in revenue and we do not want them as customers.  Ever.

Awww, isn't he cute when he's trying to be me, all tough and shit?

Inaba baby, need moar tits. Tis a tough job.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Third Way

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 01:44:00 PM

How can I profit from maintaining the network?

By mining Smiley

I was thinking more about what was said about " more income will be produced by fees than by mining ".

Who profits from transaction fees? And how do I get in on it?

BY MINING

Are you sure man?

blease resbond -> 1BYJKxpntNn6TZbM5M5CWkEb8vr8vDcBrr
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 04:47:34 PM

PS - My job is not PR or investor relations, which is why I don't coddle idiots like Frizz and PuertoLibre when they display their stupidity over and over.  If I were the PR guy, I'd have to tell them warm fuzzies and make them feel good about themselves.  Thankfully, my job is much different and it involves firing "customers" like Frizz et al because they cost far more than they generate in revenue and we do not want them as customers.  Ever.

God forbid, I would never want to be you.  I would have to lose about 150 IQ points and slobber on myself after taking a shit.

BTW, why did you steal your avatar from Hannah Wiggins?  (http://aext.net/author/hannah/)

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
bce

Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 04:53:16 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2012, 05:20:51 PM by bce

Based on everything I have read coming from BFL over the past months, I believe they received chips in late October or early November (shortly before they posted the pictures with the chips attached to them), and they didn't work properly (or performed so sub-par as to require a revision).  They're doing the clock buffer revision (and who knows what else they are revising and not admitting to), and now waiting on the fab for the new chips.

Based on what they've posted, they've never received a batch of ASIC chips, bad or otherwise.  Josh is the only one who implied that they had and Nasser quickly corrected Josh's statement.

Producing custom chips requires foundry scheduling and forces us into the queue with other chip developers (from all industries). The design is complete. It’s just a matter of waiting for production and delivery.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/content/127-bfl-asic-delays-depth-expanation.html

The design is complete.  Period.  That is where things are at.  They do not yet know when the production run of their chips will happen, only that BFL should be able to take delivery of them in January (after which other things still need to happen before they can be assembled into mining rigs).  Nasser and Dave's statements imply that Josh was not fully aware of where the process was actually up to before and was simply assuming that the fab had fucked up in some way.  As Josh's role in the production cycle doesn't begin until it's time for the chips to be sliced and packaged, it's easy to see that he mightn't have been kept up to date on every little thing which has been going on up until now and has been making statements based on assumptions he's drawn from what information was available to him rather than hard facts.

I believe that "the design is complete" refers to the design revision in the works.  Otherwise, what was that fried chip on an early release photo of the single?  Remember, they did change the specs to meet increased speed by the competition, so I'm sure this revision has much to do with that.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 04:53:59 PM

You need to keep it simple for Inaba.

My job is not PR or investor relations

I can replace both a technical lead and a PR/community lead

Typical BFLisms. Never say anything definitive, so can never be called lying. By saying "can replace", he can weasel out of any statement of his responsibilities.

Buy & Hold
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 05:06:40 PM

BTW, why did you steal your avatar from Hannah Wiggins?  (http://aext.net/author/hannah/)

Hannah Wiggins is a freelance writer covering an eclectic collection of topics for the web in association with Polimedia.
Isn't Polimedia.us Mircea Popescu's website? It hosts MPEX.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 05:41:35 PM

Wait, so are you saying he/she/it is actually Hannah Wiggins, a hack freelance blogger that has written nothing of import ever, and written nothing since 2010... And what has been written is about type faces and vector graphics and all things graphic design.  Of course! This person is an "expert" in business strategy and finance?  Oh, silly me... of course, with credentials like that, how could I have doubted MPOE-PR's credibility?

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 06:16:26 PM

Wait, so are you saying he/she/it is actually Hannah Wiggins, a hack freelance blogger that has written nothing of import ever, and written nothing since 2010... And what has been written is about type faces and vector graphics and all things graphic design.  Of course! This person is an "expert" in business strategy and finance?  Oh, silly me... of course, with credentials like that, how could I have doubted MPOE-PR's credibility?

In the real world PRs are not experts in business strategy, they're experts in PR. Some of them make bullshit claims to it, like you tend to. But otherwise, PR is PR.

Obviously this sad state of affairs fails to match the enchanted world of BFL, where every mangy dog seems to consider himself an expert in anything and everything, usagi-style. This mismatch shouldn't be held against the real world, I don't think, even if "anyone with a modicum" knows BFL is a big deal.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 06:51:09 PM

Typical BFLisms. Never say anything definitive, so can never be called lying. By saying "can replace", he can weasel out of any statement of his responsibilities.

LOL

File this one away with gems like "We've scheduled shipments for October". Honestly! No really! Pinky promise!

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 07:05:07 PM

God forbid, I would never want to be you.  I would have to lose about 150 IQ points and slobber on myself after taking a shit.

now the personal attacks come into play....aww poor baby  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 07:06:57 PM

LOL

File this one away with gems like "We've scheduled shipments for October". Honestly! No really! Pinky promise!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Soon to be: "We promise to ship by February! You can count on us!"

ROFL!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Third Way

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 08:14:28 PM

Hey guys pirate said he'd refund his investors! I still believe!

repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 08:19:08 PM

Wait, so are you saying he/she/it is actually Hannah Wiggins, a hack freelance blogger that has written nothing of import ever, and written nothing since 2010...

Do keep up Josh.

http://thewhet.net/2012/shall-be-delivered/

Perhaps you'd like to enter the short story competition yourself.  The theme is especially relevant to the Bitcoin community.

So, let’s presume that GPG-contracts as described here earlier are now the norm, and as discussed their enforcement is purely voluntary. Obviously this means records are kept of who did and who did not live up to his word. Admitting for the sake of discussion that these records are perfect in all ways, what’d be the possible evolutions ?

http://polimedia.us/trilema/2012/voluntary-contracts-after-a-while/

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2012, 10:06:34 PM

Ah crap, I totally forgot to look under "Bad dystopian science fiction" for more wonderful writing by Hannah.  My mistake, thanks repentance!  Hmm... maybe we should be looking at "Harry Potter Fanfic" for some more great missives.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that Mircea and Hannah are an item and that's how she got the job.  Makes a bit more sense now.

bce

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 10:20:57 PM

Alrighty, so how about them asics everybody?   Grin
Third Way

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 10:42:08 PM

Alrighty, so how about them asics everybody?   Grin

They'll be release in December! :DDDDD

MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 15, 2012, 11:25:05 PM

Wait, so are you saying he/she/it is actually Hannah Wiggins, a hack freelance blogger that has written nothing of import ever, and written nothing since 2010...

Do keep up Josh.

http://thewhet.net/2012/shall-be-delivered/

Perhaps you'd like to enter the short story competition yourself.  The theme is especially relevant to the Bitcoin community.

So, let’s presume that GPG-contracts as described here earlier are now the norm, and as discussed their enforcement is purely voluntary. Obviously this means records are kept of who did and who did not live up to his word. Admitting for the sake of discussion that these records are perfect in all ways, what’d be the possible evolutions ?

http://polimedia.us/trilema/2012/voluntary-contracts-after-a-while/

Ended a few days ago (was two weeks originally, extended two more).

MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 08:31:16 AM

Hannah Wiggins is a freelance writer covering an eclectic collection of topics for the web in association with Polimedia.
Isn't Polimedia.us Mircea Popescu's website? It hosts MPEX.

Fresh from designer's box (Yes):

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 03:56:30 PM

I see understanding and identifying subtly and sarcasm is not your strong suit (I'll try to use small words and be more direct next time).  Good try though, keep chugging away and you might actually post something intelligent!  I'm sure that Harry Potter fanfic will keep your wit sharp.

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 04:11:55 PM

Topic successfully derailed...again. It seems you are a PR guy after all.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: