Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:56:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Christmas 2015 Bubble  (Read 3598 times)
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 07:31:44 PM

This year, Santa decided it would be easier to make bitcoin go higher rather than deliver individual gifts. 

Santa??

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tafbiat

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 09:06:38 AM

I am not sure why people were talking about a christmas bubble. All i can see there was a pre-christmas bubble, and today on the 2nd christmas day the bubble bursted out.
Giving bitcoin a new push in some more realistic value.

Indeed, maybe that was the bubble and it just burst. hopefully this january isnt as bad as the last one, though with the coming of the halfing i cant see the prices dropping by much. Maybe not at all.

So far in 2016 January, the price is going no where, at least not going down. So it is good start compared to last year.

The price is quite stable in 2016 apart from one 20% drop due to Mike Hearn's departure from bitcoin.
satmas

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:11:18 AM

I am not sure why people were talking about a christmas bubble. All i can see there was a pre-christmas bubble, and today on the 2nd christmas day the bubble bursted out.
Giving bitcoin a new push in some more realistic value.

Indeed, maybe that was the bubble and it just burst. hopefully this january isnt as bad as the last one, though with the coming of the halfing i cant see the prices dropping by much. Maybe not at all.

So far in 2016 January, the price is going no where, at least not going down. So it is good start compared to last year.

The price is quite stable in 2016 apart from one 20% drop due to Mike Hearn's departure from bitcoin.

The bitcoin price has been below $400 for a few weeks now. Why it is so low at the moment?
LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:34:12 AM

The bitcoin price has been below $400 for a few weeks now. Why it is so low at the moment?

Low? It was ranging between $200 and $300 for most of 2015. As to why, Hearn's very public departure was a few weeks ago.

Edit: and it's Chinese New Year right now, which is the largest internal migration on the planet - many BTC traders have spent the last few weeks travelling to, or hosting, family.

This space intentionally left blank.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 11:47:03 AM

Low? It was ranging between $200 and $300 for most of 2015. As to why, Hearn's very public departure was a few weeks ago.

Edit: and it's Chinese New Year right now, which is the largest internal migration on the planet - many BTC traders have spent the last few weeks travelling to, or hosting, family.

i am interested to see what happens with the price when the chinese new year ends. i personally think there won't be much difference in the price compared to now. but i have seen some people saying that china will cause a pump because of the chinese new year as soon as it has ended.
Tafbiat

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 09:02:29 AM

i am interested to see what happens with the price when the chinese new year ends. i personally think there won't be much difference in the price compared to now. but i have seen some people saying that china will cause a pump because of the chinese new year as soon as it has ended.

I think the volume in Chinese exchanges are just fake volumes as most of them do not charge trading fees.
valta4065

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Join @Bountycloud for the best bounties!

View Profile
February 09, 2016, 09:39:08 AM

Yeah gotta add some relativity here thanks for that buddy.

After nearly a year of 250$, 370 doesn't seem low at all xD

█▄       ▄                                            ████     ▐███▌                                               
    ▐████▄ ▄██                                           █████     ████▌                                               
    ▐█████████▌                                          █████     ████                                                
▄▄▄▄▄███████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                                   █████    █████                                 █████          
  ▀█████▀▀  ▄██████████▄                   ████     ▄██████████████████████                             █████          
    ▀▀  ▄▄██████████████                  █████     ██████████████████████                             ▄█████          
    ▄██████▀██▀█████████     ▄██████   ▄██████████      ████     █████          ▄████████    ▄██████▄  █████  █████    
    █████▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██████    ▄███████████ ███████████     ▐████     █████       ▄███████████  ██████████  ██████████████  
    ███████ █ ██████    ▄█████▀ ▐█████  ▐█████         █████     █████      ▄██████▀ ████ █████▀  ▀██  ██████████████  
    █████▄  ▄ ▄▄██████▌ ██████████████  ██████    ██████████████████████▄ ▄█████    █████ ████████     █████    █████  
   ▐██████ ██ █████████ ████████████    █████▌    ▀██████████████████████ █████    ██████  ██████████ ▄████▀   ▄█████  
   ████████████████████ ██████          █████          ████     █████     █████▄  ███████      ██████ █████    ██████  
   ██████████████████   █████████████  ████████      ▄████    ▐████▌     ██████████████  ███████████ █████    █████   
   ████████████████▀      ██████████     ███████▀     ████▀     ████▌     ████████▌ ███  ▀████████   █████    █████   

|
    Bet on Future Blocks & Earn a Passive Income   
             Supports Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS and more!             
   🎰 Play Lottery
🎲 Play Dice
🍀Get Referral Bonus
    ▄████████▄
  █████▀█▀██████
 ████▄  ▄  ▀█████
██████▌ ▀▀▀ ▄████▌
██████▌ ███  ████▌
 ████      ▄▄████
  █████▄█▄█████▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀
    ▄▄███████▄