Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:27:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should the 200k OPES be destroyed or in a lottery for a single user?
It should be destroyed - 18 (69.2%)
It should be won by 1 user - 8 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 26

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OPES - NEW Argon2 algo - No ICO - CPU ONLY  (Read 50671 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
OPES (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:47:06 PM

Might be a false positive, but why should I believe otherwise?....

---->Avast flagged this wallet after analysis as a threat. It does not flag ANY other wallets I've downloaded, regardless of how shady they or their developers appeared.

I ran a test with virustotal, and avast gives me 0 flags.
You can scan it yourself. Maybe the in-wallet miner gives you this false positive like many wallets using 'setgenerate', please share some details about the flag.

It's giving me: Dyna:BitCoinMiner-CR [PUP] || mul

Very well may be false positive, but as I said before I've not had a warning with any other wallet in this environment and there's 15+ installed just for the lulz.

Also, explain to us what is so great about OPES over Argon2Coin? Better name? Better logo? Any plans or just a carbon copy of their code?

Sounds like a false positive. If you have doubts, feel free to compile the source and run the same test.
That is afterall, the purpose of opensource code.

We're not here to compare coins against each other. The Argon2 algorithm is great since it's very new and minable by the larger crowd without high investements.
Our name, logo, plans, team differ from each other, of course. But now, let's focus on mining so we can have a fair distribution amongst miners.

The rest will become Obvious in a couple of weeks. This is not a competition between 2 coins.

tl;dr
Of course our team members are in trollboxes to gain users  Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 08:49:00 PM

heck, may as well mine some, may earn enough to buy a beer lol

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
OPES (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 08:55:26 PM

heck, may as well mine some, may earn enough to buy a beer lol

Hopefully, that will be the quote in 10 years from now;

"10k OPES for a beer", just like the 10kBTC for a pizza topic  Grin

Thanks for joining!
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 09:02:58 PM

Might be a false positive, but why should I believe otherwise?....

---->Avast flagged this wallet after analysis as a threat. It does not flag ANY other wallets I've downloaded, regardless of how shady they or their developers appeared.

I ran a test with virustotal, and avast gives me 0 flags.
You can scan it yourself. Maybe the in-wallet miner gives you this false positive like many wallets using 'setgenerate', please share some details about the flag.

It's giving me: Dyna:BitCoinMiner-CR [PUP] || mul

Very well may be false positive, but as I said before I've not had a warning with any other wallet in this environment and there's 15+ installed just for the lulz.

Also, explain to us what is so great about OPES over Argon2Coin? Better name? Better logo? Any plans or just a carbon copy of their code?

Sounds like a false positive. If you have doubts, feel free to compile the source and run the same test.
That is afterall, the purpose of opensource code.

We're not here to compare coins against each other. The Argon2 algorithm is great since it's very new and minable by the larger crowd without high investements.
Our name, logo, plans, team differ from each other, of course. But now, let's focus on mining so we can have a fair distribution amongst miners.

The rest will become Obvious in a couple of weeks. This is not a competition between 2 coins.

tl;dr
Of course our team members are in trollboxes to gain users  Grin

Your explanation is fair enough, started mining for fun. Keeping my eyes peeled though Wink My procs are a little too weak... Might have to jump on the pool. Only pulling about 900h/s between two of them
OPES (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 09:14:11 PM

Your explanation is fair enough, started mining for fun. Keeping my eyes peeled though Wink My procs are a little too weak... Might have to jump on the pool. Only pulling about 900h/s between two of them

You should try the optimized miner https://www.bitteaser.com/press-releases/?title=1
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:01:50 PM

craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 11:15:54 PM

You should try the optimized miner https://www.bitteaser.com/press-releases/?title=1

Good point, getting about 11Kh/s now  Smiley

Not sure my 6 core zambezi is going to like this for too long without a repasting.
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 11:36:40 PM

Does anyone know if there is a way to set diff client side with the optimized miner? I'm looking through docs but don't see anything. I know pool cranks it up to prevent network flood but I was hoping to turn it down just a wee bit.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 11:44:54 PM

Does anyone know if there is a way to set diff client side with the optimized miner? I'm looking through docs but don't see anything. I know pool cranks it up to prevent network flood but I was hoping to turn it down just a wee bit.

I've optimized vardiff for this algo already, you should be submitting a share every 5-15 seconds, which is optimal for the coin.

Whats the problem you got and which diff do you desire on the pool ?

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
JJ12880

Activity: 671
Merit: 501

Blockchain and stuff

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:47:07 PM

I've optimized vardiff for this algo already, you should be submitting a share every 5-15 seconds, which is optimal for the coin.

vardiff seems to have issues if you have several connections to one worker. Can one worker handle connections from several computers ok?

Radium  Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain!
BTC Thread | Telegram
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 11:47:21 PM

If the target is 5-15 seconds per share then yes looks like it's working well on my end. I think I'm just having some heat issues on my other rig  Tongue No complaints about the pool itself!
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 11:51:44 PM

vardiff seems to have issues if you have several connections to one worker. Can one worker handle connections from several computers ok?

No because vardiff is always "per worker/computer" - so on your end it can get things confused.

It SHOULD work but it's always better to use a separate worker for every single physical machine.

If the target is 5-15 seconds per share then yes looks like it's working well on my end. I think I'm just having some heat issues on my other rig  Tongue No complaints about the pool itself!

Ah okay, under linux I use "nice"/"renice" to adjust priority of the cpu workers and control temperature indirectly by doing so.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
OPES (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 12:15:35 AM

Good point, getting about 11Kh/s now  Smiley

Not sure my 6 core zambezi is going to like this for too long without a repasting.

Your welcome, good to see this topic getting some speed
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 12:19:13 AM

Virustotal https://www.virustotal.com/nl/url/bbe0811ade21bf42c09ea3f10e330577795039015b233e7d63c674f24ed8b7cb/analysis/1450795350/

Please PM your address for the quote bounty, i'm on a 5minute limit here Smiley

Virustotal means nothing if it's the timebomb trojan. New CPU algo forcing miners to download the wallet is the MO.

Just be careful is all I'm saying for this one.

What's this time bomb Trojan?
Guess I'm out of the loop these days.

twitter @antiiclimax
OPES (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 12:23:44 AM

Virustotal https://www.virustotal.com/nl/url/bbe0811ade21bf42c09ea3f10e330577795039015b233e7d63c674f24ed8b7cb/analysis/1450795350/

Virustotal means nothing if it's the timebomb trojan. New CPU algo forcing miners to download the wallet is the MO.

Asking myself the same question here  Grin
Sir_Astral

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 12:25:03 AM

When virustotal is not detecting any trojans but wallet has well packed hidden trojan which activates after some time pass...
craslovell
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 01:05:38 AM

When virustotal is not detecting any trojans but wallet has well packed hidden trojan which activates after some time pass...

So all your bitcoins are belong to dev in the end? I wouldn't worry too much... I'm always wary of these things but that's why you run wallets in a safe place  Wink
wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 07:47:03 AM

Lets mine a little but in close environment Smiley
OPES (OP)

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 10:21:39 AM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 11:01:07 AM by OPES

Wallet update incoming in the next couple of hours, not mandatory, however recommended.
just minor fixes and added checkpoints.

2500 OPES bounty has been send to Testz for his hard work on the miners for the Argon2 algorithm.
testz
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:50:59 AM

2500 OPES bounty has been send to Testz for his hard work on the miners for the Argon2 algorithm.

Received. Thanks a lot!  Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █