Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:18:50 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox: EUR bank transfer not going through  (Read 1281 times)
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 01:49:59 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2012, 02:29:09 AM by Frizz23

I never had problems with MtGox so far - until recently: Two of my transfers are not going through (EUR to my bank account).

- after 9 days I contacted their support. Reply: "It appears that our bank is still in the middle of processing the funds".

- after 11 days I contacted their support again. Reply: "Due to the banking withdrawal limits imposed on our account, there has been a delay for EUR withdrawals from the huge volume of withdrawal requests, but all of them have been queued for processing accordingly"

1) I did NOT reach any withdrawal limits (I just double checked it)
2) Why did MtGox - initially - say the funds are on their way - when in fact they are not?

Question: Did anyone else have troubles with MtGox recently?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 02:11:02 AM

Please click https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=movetopic;topic=130013 and move this topic to Economy -- Service discussion.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 03:13:13 AM

Hello Frizz,

I just replied to your personal message.  Both of your withdrawals have been processed today and should reach your account in 3 business days.  The withdrawal limits that was mentioned earlier was the limit on our bank account at the Polish bank which is causing the SEPA withdrawal delays.  Once again, we apologize for the delay and inconvenience caused.
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 03:24:42 AM

Hello Natalie,

thank you for your prompt reply. You people at MtGox are very responsive Smiley

Please let me allow to suggest that you be more transparent when it comes to EUR bank transfers.

1) Correct me if I'm wrong, but you (MtGox) states that it takes up to 5 working days to complete withdrawals to a EUR bank account. In my last couple of transactions (5 or 6) this was not the case - you guys always needed an extra bump before I got my money. But finally the funds always arrived. Still it's a little bit annoying. It would be nice to know/see that you don't have enough funds (EUR, or CAD like someone posted in another thread) to handle all open transactions simultaneously - and that you have to queue them. And show my position in this queue / ETA of the funds.

IMHO there's room for improvement here.

2) There is a European law that SEPA transfers have to be completed within 1 working day. Poland is in the EU - my country as well. Why does it still take 5 (or more) days to complete the transfers?

cheers,
Frizz

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Mt.Gox_Support_Natalie

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 09:39:21 AM

Hello Natalie,

thank you for your prompt reply. You people at MtGox are very responsive Smiley

Please let me allow to suggest that you be more transparent when it comes to EUR bank transfers.

1) Correct me if I'm wrong, but you (MtGox) states that it takes up to 5 working days to complete withdrawals to a EUR bank account. In my last couple of transactions (5 or 6) this was not the case - you guys always needed an extra bump before I got my money. But finally the funds always arrived. Still it's a little bit annoying. It would be nice to know/see that you don't have enough funds (EUR, or CAD like someone posted in another thread) to handle all open transactions simultaneously - and that you have to queue them. And show my position in this queue / ETA of the funds.

IMHO there's room for improvement here.

2) There is a European law that SEPA transfers have to be completed within 1 working day. Poland is in the EU - my country as well. Why does it still take 5 (or more) days to complete the transfers?

cheers,
Frizz

Hello Frizz,

Thank you for your comment and suggestion.  For your first suggestion, I will pass this onto the management.  In this case however, please let me clarify that it is not because we do not have enough EUR on our account.  This is due to the withdrawal limit imposed on our bank account.  As for the display of the queue, I will definitely forward this to our management.
Regarding your second point, as stated earlier that this is due to our withdrawal limit.  If the withdrawal requests are not so large in volume and value, after we process them, it usually takes no more than 3 business days to arrive on your bank account. 
Thank you once again for your continued support to Mt.Gox.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 09:10:58 AM

Hi,

I also have "a few" withdrawals pending.

Would it be too much trouble to give each account holder who has withdrawals pending a little email-y heads-up the moment you do hit these limits? or just let us know how far in the queue we are?

I find this lack of voluntary disclosure disturbing. It *is* a shitload of € you're basically holding hostage (as long as you don't communicate).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: