Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:02:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to recognize that someone is using 2nd hand account?  (Read 2639 times)
sardasa (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:13:35 AM

If you go by my 1st logic: Selling accounts SHOULD NOT be permitted. If you sell your account even on other site then also you are held responsible for anything that happens with this account. Lets say if your account is hacked then forum admin can drop an e-mail to your registered e-mail id & inform you to login ASAP and see what's wrong with the account. Similarly if hacker did any scam using your a/c then you should repay for the losses.

So I get a mail, how does that hold me responsible for a scam with the account I just sold off-site?

You will have scam accusation thread against YOU.  
In any case, if you have sold the account then you won't care about what's happening with your account BUT if we had this POLICY that accounts can not be sold then YOU would have been held responsible for this & YOUR account should have been banned.

How? You just have my mail address.

If you'll have some self-respect then you would get guilty conscious.
In any case it'll prevent others from being scammed by adopting the same technique.

EDIT: If you are so against my idea of banning account sales then tell me the benefits that you can get by selling it & not making it public?

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 10:16:03 AM

If you go by my 1st logic: Selling accounts SHOULD NOT be permitted. If you sell your account even on other site then also you are held responsible for anything that happens with this account. Lets say if your account is hacked then forum admin can drop an e-mail to your registered e-mail id & inform you to login ASAP and see what's wrong with the account. Similarly if hacker did any scam using your a/c then you should repay for the losses.

So I get a mail, how does that hold me responsible for a scam with the account I just sold off-site?

In any case, if you have sold the account then you won't care about what's happening with your account BUT if we had this POLICY that accounts can not be sold then YOU would have been held responsible for this & YOUR account should have been banned.

In any case it'll prevent others from being scammed by adopting the same technique.

So your only actualy defense against scammer is the hopes that they will have a guily conscious? Im not convinced.

-snip-
None of the admin/mod is supposed to spend 24 hours on this forum.
If you read my earlier replies, I am asking for rules/policies to be implemented by coding these features not manual intervention.
Once they're coded then its all automated, there is no moderation required.

Your only suggestion in that regard was to prevent newbies from using the marketplace section. You failed to establish how that would reduce the number of scams.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:20:42 AM

So your only actualy defense against scammer is the hopes that they will have a guily conscious? Im not convinced.

I have not studied law. So, can not think of better arguments to convince you.

-snip-
If you read my earlier replies, I am asking for rules/policies to be implemented by coding these features not manual intervention.

Your only suggestion in that regard was to prevent newbies from using the marketplace section. You failed to establish how that would reduce the number of scams.

How did I fail? Can you tell me whats the account statuses of users involved in scams?
If you are on this forum for lets say 2-3 months then the likeliness/probability of this user being completely unaware of how scammers work reduces to some extent.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 10:49:53 AM

-snip-
I have not studied law. So, can not think of better arguments to convince you.

What?

-snip-

How did I fail? Can you tell me whats the account statuses of users involved in scams?

You failed as you cant explain why it should be less likely for a Jr. to scam than it would be for a Newbie to scam. The ranks vary obviously. From what I see in the scam accusation thread, the largest chunks are newbies. When newbie are no longer allowed to post in the marketplace section it is my assumption that they would either result to PMs (you might want to restrict that as well?) or just wait until they are Jr. Again having waiting 30 days so not make anyone trustworthy.

If you are on this forum for lets say 2-3 months then the likeliness/probability of this user being completely unaware of how scammers work reduces to some extent.

No, some to the largest scams have been pulled by established members. E.g. see tradefortress, the user once on default trust, now banned (not for the scam) and with the lowest possible trust score (-9999).

Read that wrong.

What makes you think that is true?

sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:59:19 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2015, 11:11:28 AM by sardasa

You failed as you cant explain why it should be less likely for a Jr. to scam than it would be for a Newbie to scam. The ranks vary obviously. From what I see in the scam accusation thread, the largest chunks are newbies. When newbie are no longer allowed to post in the marketplace section it is my assumption that they would either result to PMs (you might want to restrict that as well?) or just wait until they are Jr. Again having waiting 30 days so not make anyone trustworthy.

Yes, why not? Instead of showing the Red warning just ban the feature of allowing Newbies to send PMs.
If they want to say something to someone, let it be in open. Anyways, they would not be allowed to trade so they won't be leaking out their payment processor information.

No, some to the largest scams have been pulled by established members. E.g. see tradefortress, the user once on default trust, now banned (not for the scam) and with the lowest possible trust score (-9999).

Read that wrong.

What makes you think that's wrong?

Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:17:31 AM

Yes but what if the guy himself scams after building all the reputation required to do one ?
what after making a scam accusation against him ? does it solves the issue ? No, the scam has already taken place and there is no fruit in banning the scammer/user except the useless satisfaction of the victim.

You added it later, that's why could not reply to it.
Lets say your family member is murdered brutally by someone. Now tell what would you do?
I cannot do anything unless i have some valid evidence bout it. Generally i contact the police and sort that out ,it's possible that the member was not  a good guy and his murder was a good thing ?

Now, do you think that the local forum scams can/should be compared to life and death situations or even to legal issues ? Get things right Kid.

yo
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:19:49 AM

Yes but what if the guy himself scams after building all the reputation required to do one ?
what after making a scam accusation against him ? does it solves the issue ? No, the scam has already taken place and there is no fruit in banning the scammer/user except the useless satisfaction of the victim.

You added it later, that's why could not reply to it.
Lets say your family member is murdered brutally by someone. Now tell what would you do?
I cannot do anything unless i have some valid evidence bout it. Generally i contact the police and sort that out ,it's possible that the member was not  a good guy and his murder was a good thing ?

Now, do you think that the local forum scams can/should be compared to life and death situations or even to legal issues ? Get things right Kid.
You were the one who brought this topic forward & mixed real life incidents with scams happening on this forum.
Get your concepts/thoughts clear 1st Sir, then comment!

Most of the forum agrees to it because what you say is utter foolishness with no achievements by doing it.People should have the common sense to understand the consequences of their trade/deal whatever.

Now,if we put your question out of the forum then what are governments doing for the ton load of scams ,crimes increasing day by day ? It never ends and the best solution is that the people should take the required precautionary measures.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 11:24:10 AM

Yes, why not? Instead of showing the Red warning just ban the feature of allowing Newbies to send PMs.
If they want to say something to someone, let it be in open. Anyways, they would not be allowed to trade so they won't be leaking out their payment processor information.

"Leaking out their payment processor information?" What does that mean?

I dont see how it will result in less scams. If anything it will result in no scams by newbies and more scams by Jr. members.

Read that wrong.

I see high ranked members getting scammed with the easiest schemes.

Heutenamos

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:28:35 AM

You were the one who brought this topic forward & mixed real life incidents with scams happening on this forum.
I didn't compared it to real life ,i explained you how they are unstoppable. Though what was the question for ? You need legal lawsuit to identify alt's ?

yo
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:30:34 AM

"Leaking out their payment processor information?" What does that mean?

It means they don't have to fear about someone trying to access their payment processor a/c as it would be in open on the forum. (Its advised not to give this information in open instead give in via PM)

I dont see how it will result in less scams. If anything it will result in no scams by newbies and more scams by Jr. members.

At least we'll make scammers work hard before they scam here by working on their account & posting something useful on some topics (if its not useful & is spam then its deleted by mod's anyways)

Read that wrong.

I see high ranked members getting scammed with the easiest schemes.

Did I say that implementing rules would stop scams?
Scams would continue to happen even after we implement these restrictions. No matter what you do scams would happen!
Least we can do is try to prevent them.

Implementing these measures does not means that anyone should trust anyone blindly. You still would have to use your head before dealing with anyone & you would still be dealing at your own risk on this forum.
It will just add one extra layer of security & there would less of exit scammers.

sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:32:53 AM
Last edit: December 24, 2015, 12:01:37 PM by sardasa

I didn't compared it to real life ,i explained you how they are unstoppable. Though what was the question for ? You need legal lawsuit to identify alt's ?
No I just showed you how flawed is your thought process.
You don't want scammers to be banned. You don't want any actions to be taken against them. You want people to get scammed by the same person again & again.

Heutenamos

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:04:57 PM

No I just showed you how waste is your thought process.
You are stating your opinions and i don't expect anything else from a judgmental guy who can do nothing other than labeling/abusing people.

You don't want scammers to be banned.
No, because ban is a complete different issue and they deserve it when they go against forum rules (not yours or mine)

You don't want any actions to be taken against them.
The actions against them are pretty solid and consensus already.I don't have a habit to force people to accept my brand of logic (particularly when it is full of bullshit)

You want people to get scammed by the same person again & again.
If they are lacking common sense and have no motivation towards their own safety then YES. Such people can only learn from punishments/scams/losses and not from advises,bans or anything else.

yo
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:06:45 PM

You are stating your opinions and i don't expect anything else from a judgmental guy who can do nothing other than labeling/abusing people.

No, because ban is a complete different issue and they deserve it when they go against forum rules (not yours or mine)

The actions against them are pretty solid and consensus already.I don't have a habit to force people to accept my brand of logic (particularly when it is full of bullshit)

If they are lacking common sense and have no motivation towards their own safety then YES. Such people can only learn from punishments/scams/losses and not from advises,bans or anything else.

Please stop posting on my thread. I am done arguing with you.

Heutenamos

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:10:43 PM

Better make a self-moderated one next time so that you can delete all the posts which prove you or your mentality wrong  Undecided such a child.

yo
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:14:05 PM

Better make a self-moderated one next time so that you can delete all the posts which prove you or your mentality wrong  Undecided such a child.
Alright Sir!
You proved yourself to be a grown up adult & me to be child. I am fine with it.

Can you please stop posting on my thread & probably ignore me from your list?

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 12:14:57 PM

He probably would have, if he could, he mostly makes these crap threads in meta, in which if anyone gives any opinion other than his own, he's told to "Please stop posting on my thread". Meta threads can't be self-moderated, so thats a huge plus. And I see where he is getting all these dumb ideas of banning scammers from, a botting forum , plagued with ref spam and fake trust, called TheBotNet
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 01:44:43 PM

1st thing that'd tip you off is a changed password, but the "Warning" is only showed for a month
2nd thing, a change in style of writing
3rd , change in use of address.

And many more, you are asking this for "Educational purposes" right?

Yes, it's for educational purposes only. Its more to protect myself from such account users as I am into the riskiest trade possible using bitcoin.
Change is style of writing: What if I am not even aware about his real style of writing? How would I know that his writing is the same as it used to be?

Is it suggested to ask user to point the BTC address which they posted on the day they joined this forum before making any deal with them?
Different person has different writing style too
Take me for instance, i tend to post with dozens of emoticon Tongue
So maybe in the future when i don't post with emoticons anymore there's a possibility that this account is sold to someone else Tongue

You can determine if the account is sold or not by looking at the section they usually making post at
I saw an ID that posted a lot in Indonesian locals and suddenly he swifted to Italian section Tongue

But the best way to deal with scammers is by using escrow and always lool their trust before doing any transactions Wink
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 03:22:14 PM

He probably would have, if he could, he mostly makes these crap threads in meta, in which if anyone gives any opinion other than his own, he's told to "Please stop posting on my thread". Meta threads can't be self-moderated, so thats a huge plus. And I see where he is getting all these dumb ideas of banning scammers from, a botting forum , plagued with ref spam and fake trust, called TheBotNet
Well at least I am giving some ideas.
You guys do nothing just to oppose.

If you're so against the idea why would you ask a Newbie these questions when he wants to trade?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1302214.msg13344578#msg13344578
and then suggest him to trade with someone else?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1302214.msg13344860#msg13344860

You basically had no intention of trading with this guy but still you wanted to act as moral police and did some inquiry.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 03:27:05 PM

Well at least I am giving some ideas.
You guys do nothing just to oppose.

If you're so against the idea why would you ask a Newbie these questions when he wants to trade?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1302214.msg13344578#msg13344578
and then suggest him to trade with someone else?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1302214.msg13344860#msg13344860

You basically had no intention of trading with this guy but still you wanted to act as moral police and did some inquiry.
You did notice that I saved him from a potential scam from reversible method of payment right? And this?
The thing is, I require to charge 10%.
On other forums, such as HackForums for example, they pay 10~15% extra.
Going 1:1 or less is just a huge loss for me.

I need to charge 8~10%.

Cheers buddy, thank you very much for the assistance. I really do appreciate it.
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 03:30:01 PM

I'm 90% sure this guy's just trolling, he offers no reasoning to back up his thoughts and sticks to discrediting everyone else's thoughts and suggestions with the following: 'you're stupid, you're spamming, you're wrong because I said so, I'm better than you, etc.'
I've had him ignored since seeing his response to my thoughts, no actual rebuttal, just 'you have a sig so you're wrong.'

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: