Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 02:22:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to recognize that someone is using 2nd hand account?  (Read 2639 times)
sardasa (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 03:31:04 PM

Well at least I am giving some ideas.
You guys do nothing just to oppose.

If you're so against the idea why would you ask a Newbie these questions when he wants to trade?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1302214.msg13344578#msg13344578
and then suggest him to trade with someone else?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1302214.msg13344860#msg13344860

You basically had no intention of trading with this guy but still you wanted to act as moral police and did some inquiry.
You did notice that I saved him from a potential scam from reversible method of payment right? And this?

So you basically think that he is newbie and he is unaware of how PayPal works?

The thing is, I require to charge 10%.
On other forums, such as HackForums for example, they pay 10~15% extra.
Going 1:1 or less is just a huge loss for me.

I need to charge 8~10%.

Cheers buddy, thank you very much for the assistance. I really do appreciate it.
This means he denied your suggestion of trading with trusted users of this forum who charge 10% when they buy BTC for PayPal instead of giving him 1:1 rate.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 03:31:45 PM

I'm 90% sure this guy's just trolling, he offers no reasoning to back up his thoughts and sticks to discrediting everyone else's thoughts and suggestions with the following: 'you're stupid, you're spamming, you're wrong because I said so, I'm better than you, etc.'
I've had him ignored since seeing his response to my thoughts, no actual rebuttal, just 'you have a sig so you're wrong.'
That's actually highly likely these days as we've seen an increasing amount of trolls in this section.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 03:32:46 PM

I'm 90% sure this guy's just trolling, he offers no reasoning to back up his thoughts and sticks to discrediting everyone else's thoughts and suggestions with the following: 'you're stupid, you're spamming, you're wrong because I said so, I'm better than you, etc.'
I've had him ignored since seeing his response to my thoughts, no actual rebuttal, just 'you have a sig so you're wrong.'
That's actually highly likely these days as we've seen an increasing amount of trolls in this section.

I am not doing this. If you really think I am trolling then feel free to delete my post.

sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 03:33:43 PM

Better make a self-moderated one next time so that you can delete all the posts which prove you or your mentality wrong  Undecided such a child.
He probably would have, if he could, he mostly makes these crap threads in meta, in which if anyone gives any opinion other than his own, he's told to "Please stop posting on my thread". Meta threads can't be self-moderated, so thats a huge plus. And I see where he is getting all these dumb ideas of banning scammers from, a botting forum , plagued with ref spam and fake trust, called TheBotNet
Which question of your didn't I answer?
You want scammers to be not banned? How can I convince you that it's wrong?

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 03:37:41 PM

-snip-
And lastly, you do know that 2 of the mentioned payment methods are highly reversible right? Don't fall for the "I'll send it as gift" scam.
-snip-
Is Skrill reversible? Even that is something I did not know.
-snip-
This means he denied your suggestion of trading with trusted users of this forum who charge 10% when they buy BTC for PayPal instead of giving him 1:1 rate.
Your point ?
Anyway, just see how much of a troll you are.

Summary: You do not listen to perfectly reasonable ideas. Anything expect your opinion is invalid even when suggested by many trusted members. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is told to: "Please stop posting on my thread". You're going off-topic on your own thread.
The only reason you're not on my ignore list is , I only add the politics board spammers there.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 03:40:02 PM

-snip-
And lastly, you do know that 2 of the mentioned payment methods are highly reversible right? Don't fall for the "I'll send it as gift" scam.
-snip-
Is Skrill reversible? Even that is something I did not know.
-snip-
Is Skrill = PayPal?

Your point ?
Anyway, just see how much of a troll you are.
What point do you want from me here? He denied your suggestion and that's it.

Summary: You do not listen to perfectly reasonable ideas. Anything expect your opinion is invalid even when suggested by many trusted members. Anyone who doesn't agree with you is told to: "Please stop posting on my thread". You're going off-topic on your own thread.
The only reason you're not on my ignore list is , I only add the politics board spammers there.
Do me a favor & kindly ignore me.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2015, 03:57:05 PM

You can always tell when someone buys an account. Just look through the post history and it becomes very clear. Typically all the sudden they join a signature campaign and start posting 10 times per day.
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 04:14:52 PM

Please stop posting on my thread. I am done arguing with you.

Can you please stop posting on my thread & probably ignore me from your list?

Why do you make threads when you are not able to handle other's opinions ?

what ? have you ignored me ? cause i am diehard fan of politics. Undecided

yo
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 04:18:19 PM

2 of these comments were for you when I had already discussed a lot with you. Please check the replies I gave you before I wrote this to you.
3rd one is for mexxer-2 who already knows what I think about him.

Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 04:25:40 PM

2 of these comments were for you when I had already discussed a lot with you. Please check the replies I gave you before I wrote this to you.
Does giving reasons make it right ? people who tend to run away from discussion's are definitely not mature and cannot get to conclusion ever.
when people bring the Ignore button in between it's like they have figured out how weak their discussion or point of view is.

yo
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 05:29:20 PM

Does giving reasons make it right ? people who tend to run away from discussion's are definitely not mature and cannot get to conclusion ever.
when people bring the Ignore button in between it's like they have figured out how weak their discussion or point of view is.

I am not running away. I am here to discuss with people who want to listen instead of attacking me over each and every word I write.

sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:05:38 PM

I wish everyone who attacked me on this thread was able to identify that master-p account was sold way back in August or September then today we would not have seen users loosing their BTC in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301.0

GannickusX

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:34:49 PM

I wish everyone who attacked me on this thread was able to identify that master-p account was sold way back in August or September then today we would not have seen users loosing their BTC in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1306301.0

It's weird that he sold his account but even if he did he is still a scammer for not notifying people that his account was being sold, it's getting harder and harder to trust any escrow in this forum, very sad. This is why selling accounts should be harder.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 06:11:48 PM

It's weird that he sold his account but even if he did he is still a scammer for not notifying people that his account was being sold,

Personally I agree 100% with you but others who already have attacked me on this thread should also realize this & then as a community we should raise our concerns to administration of this forum & try to find solution for this.

it's getting harder and harder to trust any escrow in this forum, very sad.

Basically its impossible to trust anyone in here as you never know who is behind the a/c you are dealing with.

This is why selling accounts should be harder.
Nope. It should be completely banned & this should be made a rule/policy. So, that we can take legal actions against users like master-p. As of now he did not break any rule/policy of this forum.

Assmaster2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 06:38:13 PM

^^^^^^^^
If thermos wanted your opinion, he would have asked for it. It's his forum, he do what he want.
Don't like it? Go start your own.
  • theymos -747 points Shocked 1 month ago

Right. If Coinbase promotes XT to customers on coinbase.com and/or switches all of its full nodes to BIP 101 software, then Coinbase is no longer using the Bitcoin currency, and it doesn't belong on /r/Bitcoin.
https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3rejl9/coinbase_ceo_brian_armstrong_bip_101_is_the_best/cwp6dro
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 06:45:28 PM

-snip-
try to find solution for this.
-snip-

Good idea, lets take the master-P issue as an example. How do you think this could have been prevented even if selling accounts was verboten(!) here? The sale was hidden and it included all commonly used ways to identify someone here, including PGP and bitcoin private keys, as well as a mail address.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Assmaster2000

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 06:50:59 PM

^^You want to know what the difference is between providing an effortless, liquid market vs. scammer having to put some effort into his scheme?
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 06:57:47 PM

-snip-
-snip-

Good idea, lets take the master-P issue as an example. How do you think this could have been prevented even if selling accounts was verboten(!) here? The sale was hidden and it included all commonly used ways to identify someone here, including PGP and bitcoin private keys, as well as a mail address.

^^You want to know what the difference is between providing an effortless, liquid market vs. scammer having to put some effort into his scheme?

@shorena: I guess you got your answer

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 07:07:51 PM

-snip-
-snip-

@shorena: I guess you got your answer

The efford was done here though. So do I understand you correctly that this is a bad example to discuss because you have no way to prevent this?

Let me rephrase that: You say you have no way to prevent someone that is willing to put in efford in order to scam?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 07:14:33 PM

The efford was done here though. So do I understand you correctly that this is a bad example to discuss because you have no way to prevent this?

Let me rephrase that: You say you have no way to prevent someone that is willing to put in efford in order to scam?

I would like to challenge your IQ now. This question just made me feel sick about you!
Can you please tell me your age?

Are we even discussing at the same level? Did I ever say on this entire thread that taking precautions/implementing rules would mean that nobody would ever get scammed?

On separate note: I myself have been scammed thrice.
Once a person hacked a trusted person's account & used his identity to make me send bitcoin 1st. Though it was just $10.4 worth of bitcoin
2nd time the guy charged back $60 saying it as unauthorized transaction after I sent him BTC
3rd time PayPal fucked me by reversing the $140 to the sender and then that person turns out to be a con artist.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: