Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:08:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CHART] Bitcoin Inflation vs. Time  (Read 1075864 times)
whitslack (OP)

Activity: 120
Merit: 144

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 11:54:29 PM

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: The economics of the future are somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century.
Lily Sloane: No money? You mean, you don't get paid?
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force of our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity.
Even in the post-scarcity United Federation of Planets, there is still a scarcity of time, which cannot simply be replicated. Joseph Sisko only serves so many meals each day and only has so many tables at Sisko's Creole Kitchen in New Orleans. If you want a reservation there, you may have to part with something dear to you in exchange for it. It may not be money — it may be your time or a product of your unique talents — but it's still trade, commerce. There is still scarcity in that world. You will never go hungry, but not everyone gets a starship.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ZephramC

Activity: 475
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 06:39:58 PM

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: The economics of the future are somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force of our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity.
Even in the post-scarcity United Federation of Planets, there is still a scarcity of time, which cannot simply be replicated. Joseph Sisko only serves so many meals each day and only has so many tables at Sisko's Creole Kitchen in New Orleans. If you want a reservation there, you may have to part with something dear to you in exchange for it. It may not be money — it may be your time or a product of your unique talents — but it's still trade, commerce. There is still scarcity in that world. You will never go hungry, but not everyone gets a starship.

And also people are scare. Lets say everyone want to be treted by Beverly Crusher (hey, she is one of the best doctors in the Federation!). But there is only one Beverly Crusher.
And land is scare. There are still wars for territory.
hilogogifts@gmail.com

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:21:04 PM

yes, it works , in China too.
brush242

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 06:27:43 PM

And also people are scare. Lets say everyone want to be treted by Beverly Crusher (hey, she is one of the best doctors in the Federation!). But there is only one Beverly Crusher.

Not anymore they don't. No sir!

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
ZephramC

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 09:05:08 PM

Not anymore they don't. No sir!

I mean... interspecies wars. Not within UFP.
Hunterbunter

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 04:57:54 AM

Cool chart...is there something new here? or just mapped in an easy to see way?
marcus1986

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 01:59:04 PM

thanks for graphs, usefull.

+1. Thanks.
BitOnyx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Cryptocurrencies Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 05:52:49 PM

This future inflation rate is rather confusing since it is not exactly stable change rate. How can you determine future sudden change while the value and moment of change can't be predicted by trend or past changes in any way. Unless there is possibility for it.

LMGTFY

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 06:01:42 PM

This future inflation rate is rather confusing since it is not exactly stable change rate. How can you determine future sudden change while the value and moment of change can't be predicted by trend or past changes in any way. Unless there is possibility for it.

I'm not sure I understand your question? We know when the changes will occur (well, we know how many blocks need to be generated before the block reward changes), and we know by how much the reward will change. We're currently at 289227 blocks and the reward is 25BTC; the graphs show that at 420000 blocks this will change to 12.5BTC.

We don't know exactly when the 420000 blocks point will be reached, but the block reward changes roughly every four years. And, of course, as the point approaches we'll be able to it by monitoring the block count.

This space intentionally left blank.
bcmine

Activity: 1014
Merit: 1055

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:41:15 PM

The non existance inflation in the bitcoin is a problem, which was solved with the dogecoin. Inflation is necessary, so people spend the bitcoins in investing and not keeping it without use. Giving interest to the people, when they deside to borrow it, so other can invest and not keeping it under the pillow again. I guess the transactions will be made with Altcoins - anyway, because they are faster...
ZephramC

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:39:27 PM

The non existance inflation in the bitcoin is a problem for some people, which was solved with several altcoins in the past years the dogecoin. Some believe that price Inflation is necessary, so people spend the bitcoins altcoins in investing and not keeping it without use. Giving interest to the people, when they deside to borrow it, so other can invest and not keeping it under the pillow again. I guess some of the transactions will be made with Altcoins - anyway, because they are faster to confirm, although not faster to safely confirm...

What about these corrections?
tamxa

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2014, 03:37:11 AM

Anyway Its cool charts!
Fachten

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 09:27:32 PM

Thx for the great info!
d2dtk

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 08:44:19 PM

Very good chart! Hopefully it will be used more once the inflation value rises again.

ns12123

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 05:42:25 PM

Hey man, this is really nice charts ! Thanks
billysweird

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 11:27:59 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 02:07:21 PM by billysweird

My statements are compatible with deflation.

I sell something today at price A, because I had to buy material/components which costed x,y and z and I added my profit (or added value) Q. Therefore A=x+y+z+Q

In a month I sell something at, say, A'=A-15/100*A. I had to buy material which costed, FIFTEEN days before I selle, x'=x-20/100*x , y'=y-20/100*y, z'=z-20/100*z, and I added value Q'=Q+somePercentage/100*Q, so that A'= x'+y'+z' + Q'.

In fact, I sell at a lower prince (which can be defined as defaltion), but I still earn MORE.

I think deflation will make us all richer, apart from politicians and their lacché that will lose a lot of their privileges.

Best regards,
billysweird
Jacksquere

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:58:40 PM

Verry cool charts man ..

BitcoinexchangeGuide.com - List and Review of Best Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins!
dwolfx

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 03:00:15 PM

in 2030 we will have non-monetary society.. and therefore there will be no inflation..  Roll Eyes
Which, of course, is completely untrue. Everything is scarce, therefore there will always be inflation.

Pure ignorance and stupidity.

The only way such a utopia would be possible is if , humanity discovered some new safe abundant energy source.
At which point wealth becomes abundant.

With an almost unlimited source of energy, humanity has no cap on how much
-Food it could produce
-Energy used per individual

Wealth for an individual is directly proportional to how much energy they can afford to consume.

As technology becomes more energy efficient and we get closer and closer to newer forms of energy (fusion, thorium reactors etc.) we get closer to a day where every human being on the planet can have access to abundant wealth.

At which point the concept of money becomes trivial at best, it wont go away, there will always be value for scarce things of use.... but the need for it will certainly decrease as time goes on.

Leetpools!
painlord2k

Activity: 453

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:50:26 PM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnWZ8CNHuTE3dGo3RTBoSHdvQnZsZkpZdHB1ZUhQLWc&usp=sharing

I, with help, compiled a chart with actual data about Bitcoin actual inflation rate and compared this with data about the M0 (currency) and M1 data published by the Federal Reserve.
brush242

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 01, 2014, 07:32:15 PM

At which point the concept of money becomes trivial at best, it wont go away, there will always be value for scarce things of use.... but the need for it will certainly decrease as time goes on.

That discussion is a bit beyond this particular thread, but market forces WILL ALWAYS dictate the value of scarce things (nearly everything). The only way your scenario can happen is if each human being can create this energy (mindpower x chi' + crystals^2, or something) for nothing, because there will always be original capital costs.

Truly infinite energy? Wow. No idea what happens then. All bets are off. I still think my comment above won't change. 8^]

Support sidehack miner development. Donations to: 1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: