Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:30:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CHART] Bitcoin Inflation vs. Time  (Read 1075683 times)
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 07:58:16 AM

So although bitcoin is naturally inflationary, it's actually deflationary in terms of inflation rates? But does that make bitcoin deflationary, or inflationary? Which way is the right way to look at this?
Bitcoin is naturally inflationary until the block subsidy ends some time in the first half of next century, but in reality it will become deflationary much sooner than that, as people are constantly losing their keys. We can't predict the rate at which people lose access to their bitcoins, so the charts in this thread only show the scheduled bitcoin money stock.
:(Alas! Absolutely right, for the lost key.

I think the lost keys have significant impact though. Sad that they couldn't be reflected in this analysis. But still, great work!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jiefes

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:06:55 PM

I think, we will get a real idea, only when market capitalization reach at least 1 trillion dollars.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
June 11, 2016, 07:16:09 PM

I think, we will get a real idea, only when market capitalization reach at least 1 trillion dollars.
It is possible through time.
Bitcoin can have a big time inflationary, however in time supply and demand can have an effect for such a long run.
Nice profit we could have for the next twelve years if happen the right way :-)

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
bitcoinboy12

Activity: 518
Merit: 254

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 13, 2016, 03:32:51 PM

It is possible through time.
Bitcoin can have a big time inflationary, however in time supply and demand can have an effect for such a long run.
Nice profit we could have for the next twelve years if happen the right way :-)

Thanks for this. All makes sense to me now. Supply and effect can really take it in and pull BTC from going deep into the ground. Plus in a few years or so, I agree with you that BTC will go widespread now and won't really be that much affected anymore with inflation.

white.walker

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 09:42:02 AM

seems spot on very informative. thanks for the share !

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
RLGH

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2016, 04:47:33 AM

Useful and informative graph and great pics though.
Tred

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 25, 2016, 08:55:23 PM

What does this mean about the price as time progresses?

Smiley
Vhern

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 08:58:36 AM

Nothing beats the classic hold the btc and hope to increase its price to your ideal one.
to specify the amount that could reach with inflation vs time is unpredictable.
Nevis

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 28, 2016, 07:31:32 AM

A clarifying note: These charts show the monetary (supply) inflation of Bitcoin. They bear no relation to price inflation, which is an entirely distinct phenomenon. When Austrian economists say "inflation," they're typically referring to monetary inflation, whereas Keynesian economists are typically referring to price inflation.

Also, please note that the top axis ("Year") on these charts is approximate, based on the scheduled block generation rate of one block per 10 minutes. The actual block generation rate has averaged a bit faster than this, due to the perpetually increasing hash rate, so we're already a little bit further progressed than the labels along the top axis would suggest. This doesn't mean there will be any more than 21M bitcoins; it only means that we'll reach the end of supply generation a little bit sooner than we would have if the hash rate had always held constant.

Permission given to use and reproduce freely.

This presentation is much better than just saying it. By seeing the graph I can say that bitcoins supply is going down while the monetary price or value is soaring high. But as long as the monetary price goes up and I am earning I will still go on with bitcoins. If one day bitcoin is gone there are other altcoins on standby to replace the old bitcoins.
Cyaren

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 04:16:44 PM

Thanks a lot sir,this thread is veeeery useful for me.
I will use it many many times,there is no doubt
I was looking for it somewhere else but i couldnt find... and now suddenly i got it! thanks!!
cecelady

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 11:13:48 PM

This graph is very informative though... Thanks OP, But i've noticed this post was made by the OP by the year 2012, I'm wondering if we have an updated and more accurate graph pertaining to the realtime inflation of bitcoin as of 2016.....
hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:44:21 PM

This graph is very informative though... Thanks OP, But i've noticed this post was made by the OP by the year 2012, I'm wondering if we have an updated and more accurate graph pertaining to the realtime inflation of bitcoin as of 2016.....
Yeah i would like to see also an updated chart... this one
from 2012 is pretty useless right now,we need to get it updated or just  get this thread closed this maybe?
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 08:40:11 PM

from 2012 is pretty useless right now,we need to get it updated or just  get this thread closed this maybe?
I think a chart which is more focused can be more productive and useful because of high fluctuations of bitcoin over time.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 09:29:59 PM

from 2012 is pretty useless right now,we need to get it updated or just  get this thread closed this maybe?
I think a chart which is more focused can be more productive and useful because of high fluctuations of bitcoin over time.

This one continues to be good (click the year tabs at the top). It'll be updated in the next week or two, I suspect, showing the drop in the inflation rate: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Jjhd_nnfRJ9EyYuOM1ACPMwRod3hhPqRk4YQp7FIZE/pubhtml#

It looks like the next data point for the yellow line would be tomorrow, so, whenever he updates it after that.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:58:30 AM

Thanks for the very precise and informative chart it shows the potential price increase of Bitcoin in future years. Now I have the idea how this coin is very progressive. The chart shows the system of supply and demand.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 08:06:57 PM

from 2012 is pretty useless right now,we need to get it updated or just  get this thread closed this maybe?

This one continues to be good (click the year tabs at the top). It'll be updated in the next week or two, I suspect, showing the drop in the inflation rate: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Jjhd_nnfRJ9EyYuOM1ACPMwRod3hhPqRk4YQp7FIZE/pubhtml#

It looks like the next data point for the yellow line would be tomorrow, so, whenever he updates it after that.
Thanks for the chart which is very informative and data can be used in doing different types of analysis.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
malikusama
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 294

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 12:32:24 PM

A very clear explanation using graphs.
white.walker

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 04:17:45 AM

Popular internet-based task automator IFTTT says over 8,300 of its users are using the service to record the bitcoin price every day in Google Spreadsheets.

It’s a convenient way for bitcoiners to keep a historic record of BTC prices without having to manually watch and maintain a spreadsheet, or continually referring to bitcoin price charts on live data sites.

it’s is by far the most popular “recipe” on IFTTT and actually one of almost 40 pre-built bitcoin-related functions it offers. I mean people are really watching the price closely

▀     DeepOnion  |  TOR Integrated & Secured  [ Facebook  Telegram  Bitcointalk  Twitter  Youtube  Reddit ]     ▀
Your Anonymity Guaranteed  ★  Your Assets Secured by TOR  ★  Guard Your Privacy!   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  File Authenticity Guaranteed by DeepVault  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
LucioTan

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 03:08:25 AM

Traditional economists have mostly all dismissed Bitcoin as a poor example of money based on a three-part definition: store of value, unit of account and medium of exchange. I just finished a romp through Charles Wheelan’s “naked money” and subsequently but coincidentally jusneth’s article Suitertunity Cost, The Longitudinal Price Paid to Invest in Libertarian Ideology, which both actually relate to each other fairly well. So much so that you’d be forgiven for thinking that jusneth had also just completed this book and written his thesis directly upon this Introduction to Money 101. The one unsettling thought I’ve had though since completing these readings is that they both resolved on a common thought: Bitcoin is not really money. It’s purely an experimental tool that has one purpose, which is that of regulatory arbitrage. I don’t have nearly the economics background of Mr. Wheelan, but let’s not pretend like the Fed is any less of an experiment than Bitcoin.
mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 22, 2016, 06:58:09 AM

and subsequently but coincidentally jusneth’s article Suitertunity Cost, The Longitudinal Price Paid to Invest in Libertarian Ideology

Excellent, I missed this one: http://junseth.com/post/146674913712/suitertunity-cost-the-longitudinal-price-paid-to
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: