Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:03:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The space launchings aren't putting food on your table.  (Read 10581 times)
kuroman

Activity: 588
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:42:44 PM

I need to know what the point of spending thousands of US dollars on space trips is meant for. I don't know what we've accomplished and found beneficial to society and the overall growth of human living by having money and such being tossed for the government to send random men up into space. I don't understand why space travel is so necessary. Please tell me how the moon launchings weren't fake, or needed for the human race.

Many of the technologies developped for space (and by proxy the army) helps actually put food on the table, I can mention hundrends if not thousands of innovations that allows today to live confortably, but lets just take one example, telecommunications : satellites, radio technology....

The other thing is that earth ressources are limited, hence at some point we will be forced to get ressources outside of earth, not to mention. And it's not only about ressources but our survival as a species, who knows, tomorow we might be hit by a similar asteroid that finished the Dinosaurs off...
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:47:44 PM

The Earth is flat and we're covered by an artificial dome that keeps the water out. I can prove this beyond a reasonable doubt. ...and for dog's sake turn off the fucking television it's totally fucking your minds!

Put a camera in a helium balloon and you will see the earth is round  Smiley

This has been done and it's flat.

Really? Like the guy from Redbull space dive? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Stratos. The earth was flat then? Redbull is on it too? It was all photoshopped? Of course, it must be a company run by reptiles.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:49:53 PM
Last edit: January 04, 2016, 01:00:14 AM by notbatman

The Earth is flat and we're covered by an artificial dome that keeps the water out. I can prove this beyond a reasonable doubt. ...and for dog's sake turn off the fucking television it's totally fucking your minds!

Put a camera in a helium balloon and you will see the earth is round  Smiley

Really? Like the guy from Redbull space dive? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Bull_Stratos. The earth was flat then? Redbull is on it too? It was all photoshopped? Of course, it must be a company run by reptiles.

It's called a wide angle (fisheye) lens you knob.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 07:53:29 PM

Oh that was all it took to fool the world! You guys are visionaries! the real MPVs!
ridery99

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:49:45 PM

I think NASA should be shut down and spend all that money on bombing civilians instead  Smiley
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 11:50:45 PM

Oh that was all it took to fool the world! You guys are visionaries! the real MPVs!

I'm sure team psychopath is grateful to have such a gullible idiot as yourself on-board.
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:00:09 AM

You are definitely notbatman because your "comebacks" suck. The only thing that I can concede you guys is that photos from space are always low quality or just cgi/renders. To this day I don't understand how we don't have some amazing space scenery that shows satellites, aircraft, the sun, the earth from the earth, it's basically always the same picture from 20 years ago, same form mars, we send lots of equipment but to see how the actual planet looks we need to watch "The Martian".
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:33:20 AM

You are definitely notbatman because your "comebacks" suck. The only thing that I can concede you guys is that photos from space are always low quality or just cgi/renders. To this day I don't understand how we don't have some amazing space scenery that shows satellites, aircraft, the sun, the earth from the earth, it's basically always the same picture from 20 years ago, same form mars, we send lots of equipment but to see how the actual planet looks we need to watch "The Martian".

Mars is mapped by MRO down to a pixel per half meter or so.  Yes, the entire planet.

Yes, all the pictures are available.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:39:46 AM

Put a camera in a helium balloon and you will see the earth is round  Smiley

Oh, please.

I've been at 22,000 feet in a Piper Archer II, and the curvature of the earth is OBVIOUS. Hell, even at 7000 feet, the service ceiling of a Quicksilver ultralight, the curvature is obvious.
ace45954

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:43:59 AM

I'm really speechless. You genuinely need help if you're this nuts (unless you're just trolling in which case good job).
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1318814/Luke-Geissbuhler-son-send-weather-balloon-100-000ft-space-capture-amazing-video-footage.html

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
mtnsaa
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 12:51:50 AM

Mars is mapped by MRO down to a pixel per half meter or so.  Yes, the entire planet.

Yes, all the pictures are available.

I'm not denying that, just saying there's a lack of high resolution or HD video from space missions, not only Mars. I'm not sure if there's something technical involved or what, but most of the space scenery comes from movies.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:02:21 AM

I'm really speechless. You genuinely need help if you're this nuts (unless you're just trolling in which case good job).
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1318814/Luke-Geissbuhler-son-send-weather-balloon-100-000ft-space-capture-amazing-video-footage.html

Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:20:29 AM

"Living in a fisheye lens, caught in the camera eye, I have no heart to lie! I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend."

Got tired of trying to recover from Black Arrow? Or just trolling for fun?
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:31:48 AM

And I thought he was going to say something like >>>>

1. consider the distance from the camera to the horizon;
2. the angle is showing a flat earth through distortions in the lens that are not apparent at close range;
3. this proves flat earth, not disproves it.

You can't fight a religion. They have themselves a religion. And what they are looking for is government funding as a minority group. You can tell by the emotional response in many (all?) of their videos and audios. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if their whole program wasn't set in place by government, because government needs an excuse to borrow so that they ultimately get more funds to pay the interest on their previous loans from the Federal Reserve Bank.

If you absolutely proved that the earth was round, these jokers would say something to the effect that, the earth seems round because of strange physics that exists for everyone who actually offers round earth proof. Therefore the earth is always flat, but especially when it is proven to be round.

People have too much time on their hands these days. When you look at some of the weird videos on the net, videos that include selfies from all kinds of people who are playing, what can you expect? Maybe war coming to Europe and America as ISIS spreads will bring some of these people down to the round earth. Of course, many of them are so far gone that they are almost to the edge of the flat earth where they will fall off. I hope some of them take high powered radios with them so they can report back what the fall is like.

Wink

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
notbatman
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:06:45 PM

And I thought he was going to say something like >>>>

1. consider the distance from the camera to the horizon;
2. the angle is showing a flat earth through distortions in the lens that are not apparent at close range;
3. this proves flat earth, not disproves it.

You can't fight a religion. They have themselves a religion. And what they are looking for is government funding as a minority group. You can tell by the emotional response in many (all?) of their videos and audios. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if their whole program wasn't set in place by government, because government needs an excuse to borrow so that they ultimately get more funds to pay the interest on their previous loans from the Federal Reserve Bank.

If you absolutely proved that the earth was round, these jokers would say something to the effect that, the earth seems round because of strange physics that exists for everyone who actually offers round earth proof. Therefore the earth is always flat, but especially when it is proven to be round.

People have too much time on their hands these days. When you look at some of the weird videos on the net, videos that include selfies from all kinds of people who are playing, what can you expect? Maybe war coming to Europe and America as ISIS spreads will bring some of these people down to the round earth. Of course, many of them are so far gone that they are almost to the edge of the flat earth where they will fall off. I hope some of them take high powered radios with them so they can report back what the fall is like.

Wink

Anybody who examines the globe earth theory with any level of scrutiny and still believes it is a fucking retard, the globe model is absolutely ridiculous.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 01:53:42 PM

The Earth is flat and we're covered by an artificial dome that keeps the water out. I can prove this beyond a reasonable doubt. ...and for dog's sake turn off the fucking television it's totally fucking your minds!......

Anybody who examines the globe earth theory with any level of scrutiny and still believes it is a fucking retard, the globe model is absolutely ridiculous.

So when we bounce a laser off the top of the dome, how high up does it tell us the dome is? 

Also, please help out - how far can we sail a ship without falling off?  Can we park our boat on the edge, toss a net over the edge, and catch bunches of fish?

ridery99

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:09:33 PM

The Earth is flat and we're covered by an artificial dome that keeps the water out. I can prove this beyond a reasonable doubt. ...and for dog's sake turn off the fucking television it's totally fucking your minds!......

So when we bounce a laser off the top of the dome, how high up does it tell us the dome is?  

Also, please help out - how far can we sail a ship without falling off?  Can we park our boat on the edge, toss a net over the edge, and catch bunches of fish?

How about satellites and airplanes? When we get to see first images taken from the bottom side of the flat earth?  Smiley
pattu1

Activity: 675

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:21:53 PM

Now don't get me wrong, I am NOT in favor of tax supported space exploration. I believe that a far less egregious use of the ill gotten gains of the taxman than starting and maintaining pointless wars with no end, but it's still attained by theft. But companies like SpaceX and Virgin Galactic? They're doing it right, monetarily. Selling the risk to those WILLING to invest, and developing viable strategies. I think a mars colonization project could be funded in that very manner, and I KNOW that it's a valuable exercise. Colonizing mars is NOT trivial, but it is well within our technological capabilities, and it is a far better platform for further exploration and exploitation of space, for multiple reasons. (I can go into those at length should anyone be interested, but in the interim I recommend the book "The Case for Mars" by Dr. Robert Zubrin. While I disagree with some of his plan, I don't disagree with much of it. It's a very good read.

I am in favour of private space launches as well.
I however think that the objective would be prospecting for rare earth metals, rather than space colonization.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:38:32 PM

Also, please help out - how far can we sail a ship without falling off?  Can we park our boat on the edge, toss a net over the edge, and catch bunches of fish?

How about satellites and airplanes? When we get to see first images taken from the bottom side of the flat earth?  Smiley

I want to go on over to the other side.  You know there has to be reverse gravity there.  That means there would be reverse taxation there.  THey'd pay me.

And there'd be reverse drunk.  You'd be stoned all the time, and to sober up drink a sixpack.
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
January 04, 2016, 04:55:48 PM

I want to go on over to the other side.  You know there has to be reverse gravity there.  That means there would be reverse taxation there.  THey'd pay me.

And there'd be reverse drunk.  You'd be stoned all the time, and to sober up drink a sixpack.

I think you might need a TARDIS to get there, given those conditions Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: