Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:35:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Amagi Metals - Best Prices of Gold & Silver for Bitcoins  (Read 135740 times)
fourd00rgtz

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 04:18:15 AM

If you haven't noticed, we have the best prices for American Silver Eagle's on the web!

http://www.amagimetals.com/american-silver-eagle.html

You do not. They're cheaper here.

I like competitive open markets (in all things, not just Bullion); but as of time of post:

https://agoracommodities.com/product/silver-american-eagle/

Silver American Eagle - $23.88 - Delayed 4 weeks [no mint year mentioned]

http://www.amagimetals.com/american-silver-eagle.html

1 Oz 2013 American Silver Eagle Coin - $24.09 [+0.21] - Availability: In stock - Shipping Immediately [2013]

I'll leave the postage comparison up to others (I've never used their services and have no reason to change that atm.); however as Amagi Metals actually have the product on hand I'd say they are the cheapest on the Internet.

EDIT:
https://agoracommodities.com/shipping-information/

"The standard shipping charge is $17 for orders below $5,000."

More than postage from Amagi Metals (around USD$10 USPS International Letter option) so adding postage Amagi Metals is actually cheaper.

Agora is still cheaper. If you check their thread on this forum you'll see that their shipping is $5.60, they just haven't updated their website.

PS - nobody mentioned shipping. The claim was that Amagi has the cheapest silver eagles. They don't.

I don't count out of stock items when comparing prices..... Neither does any sort of price match pricing system employed by any large retail/chain stores. You want to compare prices, they have the be the same item, and in stock.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
amagimetals (OP)

Activity: 519
Merit: 501

:|: AmagiMetals :|: AnthemGold :|: HERC :|:

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 04:28:02 AM

I would be interested to know how the US tax regulations work concerning bitcoin to equivalent value in gold, and what general taxation is to be performed and expected to meet compliance  

Less than half the states tax gold and silver bullion. We ship most of our products from Colorado and there is no state tax on precious metals in CO, so you will not have to pay taxes if you live in any other state and in CO, with the exception of Denver. There are Denver taxes though for people who live in Denver.

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
Join us on: Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 04:33:53 AM

I don't count out of stock items when comparing prices..... Neither does any sort of price match pricing system employed by any large retail/chain stores. You want to compare prices, they have the be the same item, and in stock.

If you would like better prices than Agora's ASE and don't mind waiting a month, we can hook you up too.

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
barbarousrelic

Activity: 675
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 06:31:07 AM

Since, to your great credit, you do such a good job of responding to things in this thread I figured I'd throw this in here. . . .

The menu system you use on your website is really annoying. If you want to go to Gold 1 oz coins, you first mouse over "Gold", then the menu comes down showing "Fractional Mix" and "1 ounce" - so you try to put your mouse over the "1 ounce" but first, you pass over "Fractional Mix", and then a new menu opens up that all but prevents you from clicking on "1 ounce."

One more thing. . .

I would be interested to know how the US tax regulations work concerning bitcoin to equivalent value in gold, and what general taxation is to be performed and expected to meet compliance 

Less than half the states tax gold and silver bullion. We ship most of our products from Colorado and there is no state tax on precious metals in CO, so you will not have to pay taxes if you live in any other state and in CO, with the exception of Denver. There are Denver taxes though for people who live in Denver.

While Amagi Metals is not legally required to collect sales tax when they sell to out of state residents, those residents are legally required to pay the sales tax to their state of residence when they buy from an out of state company such as Amagi Metals (if their state has sales tax on bullion.)

Do not waste your time debating whether Bitcoin can work. It does work.

"Early adopters will profit" is not a sufficient condition to classify something as a pyramid or Ponzi scheme. If it was, Apple and Microsoft stock are Ponzi schemes.

There is no such thing as "market manipulation." There is only buying and selling.
CoinEntropy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Metacoin Enthusiast

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 08:58:43 AM

Since, to your great credit, you do such a good job of responding to things in this thread I figured I'd throw this in here. . . .

The menu system you use on your website is really annoying. If you want to go to Gold 1 oz coins, you first mouse over "Gold", then the menu comes down showing "Fractional Mix" and "1 ounce" - so you try to put your mouse over the "1 ounce" but first, you pass over "Fractional Mix", and then a new menu opens up that all but prevents you from clicking on "1 ounce."

One more thing. . .

While Amagi Metals is not legally required to collect sales tax when they sell to out of state residents, those residents are legally required to pay the sales tax to their state of residence when they buy from an out of state company such as Amagi Metals (if their state has sales tax on bullion.)

Interesting. I wonder where one would go about finding out what the amount of sales tax there is for out of state, like a catalogue of information for each state.

Hey.
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 04:33:49 PM

If anyone ever wants to send us a private encrypted message, you can send one through Bitmessage (endorsed by Snowden).

Our key is:

BM-2DCDMaLRbqFQya1JSzMCE6ed9WJLiMeABr

amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2013, 09:52:53 PM

You can compare our prices on:

https://comparesilverprices.com/

as we are listed there. Definitely looks like we have the best ASE prices...

randrace

Activity: 329
Merit: 250

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 01:43:36 AM

Interesting. I wonder where one would go about finding out what the amount of sales tax there is for out of state, like a catalogue of information for each state.

Start here.
dozerz
Legendary

Activity: 2214
Merit: 1057

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:57:41 AM

can you tell us some more about this story?

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/amagi-metals-to-lose-bank-account/

space for rent, shilling for sats
The00Dustin

Activity: 807
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:12:30 AM

Because you don't follow links when other people post them, or because you don't read quotes in other people's posts?  BitGo, in this case, posted this link and a quote of it earlier on the same thread you are asking in: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259152.msg2764176#msg2764176
dozerz
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:33:41 AM

Because you don't follow links when other people post them, or because you don't read quotes in other people's posts?  BitGo, in this case, posted this link and a quote of it earlier on the same thread you are asking in: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=259152.msg2764176#msg2764176

thanks i appear to have missed the link.

The00Dustin

Activity: 807

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:38:50 AM

Nice response...  Now I look snarky!  I'd blame lack of coffee, but I don't drink the stuff.  I'm just not a morning person.   Roll Eyes
dozerz
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:55:38 AM

Nice response...  Now I look snarky!  I'd blame lack of coffee, but I don't drink the stuff.  I'm just not a morning person.   Roll Eyes

no problem i should have used the search function. im also a grumpy bastard snarky in the mornings... and im sure amalgi metals enjoyed the free bump Smiley

DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:03:37 PM

Amagi Metals Minted 1g Silver rounds for me, now they are on display in The Bitcoin Museum!

Here's a few pictures!

]

]

]

The Level of detail is RIDICULOUS!

The following image were taken by my microscope!

]

Even though I was missing 10 out of 1000 I'm so happy with the final result! Thank you so much Amagi! I also helped someone else design a coin and they're about to submit it for minting (you'll recognise that it's my design Smiley)

I really hope you guys sort out this bank account bullshit. It must suck living in the United States, where they are SO HOSTILE to Bitcoin. Good Luck to you!

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Bitweasil

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:37:39 PM

These are from the "design your own coins" program?

Very impressive!  I'm considering doing that as well - good to see the crisp output!

Need high quality, rack mountable GPU clusters for OpenCL work or password auditing?  http://www.stricture-group.com/
Moebius327

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:15:43 PM

Has there been any problems shipping to Germany? Do I have to pay only the 7% Tax?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2013, 02:19:39 PM

Has there been any problems shipping to Germany? Do I have to pay only the 7% Tax?

Less than 1% of our shipments are lost/damaged/stolen worldwide, including Germany. For tariff information please contact your local customs office.

Amagi Metals will have a table at the Castle Rock Gun Show in Colorado this weekend. Come by and party with your favorite bullion dealer! We will be accepting bitcoins live for precious metals.

Moebius327

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 02:53:46 PM

Less than 1% of our shipments are lost/damaged/stolen worldwide, including Germany. For tariff information please contact your local customs office.

Amagi Metals will have a table at the Castle Rock Gun Show in Colorado this weekend. Come by and party with your favorite bullion dealer! We will be accepting bitcoins live for precious metals.

Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box $76.26

International Priority $94.14

What is the difference?
Mooshire

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 26, 2013, 04:31:26 PM

How are the bank account issues going?

amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2013, 12:31:25 AM

Priority Mail International Medium Flat Rate Box $76.26

International Priority $94.14

What is the difference?

International Priority is FedEx and Flat Rate Box is USPS.

How are the bank account issues going?

Thank you for asking! Bank of America and Wells Fargo will not open any business accounts of businesses that accept or even hold bitcoins. We submitted applications to IAFCU and Silicon Valley and look forward to hearing from them!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: