Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:03:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Amagi Metals - Best Prices of Gold & Silver for Bitcoins  (Read 135740 times)
Bitweasil

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 09:30:24 PM

Order of mine from the 7th showed up today (the 14th).  In stock stuff, around a week total to arrive.  No complaints here, well packed, and the normal giant pain in the ass to open.

Need high quality, rack mountable GPU clusters for OpenCL work or password auditing?  http://www.stricture-group.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randrace

Activity: 329

LTC -> BTC -> Silver!

View Profile
August 14, 2013, 11:59:50 PM

Whoa, I crawled out from under a rock and caught up with the SBSS/Mulligan Saga. This is some juicy stuff!

Quote from: CD
amagimetals (OP)

Activity: 519
Merit: 501

:|: AmagiMetals :|: AnthemGold :|: HERC :|:

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2013, 04:10:41 AM

"24 business hours" with 8 hour days = 3 business days?

In general, if you place an order for in-stock silver it ships the next business day. This is the goal we set for ourselves and what is normally accomplished. However our official policy, as stated on the website, is 3-5 business days as a buffer in case we receive a large influx of orders, which is sometimes the case during holidays or spikes in prices.

The same applies to our customer service response time. In general, if you send us an email we respond within 4 business hours. This is the goal we set for ourselves and what is normally accomplished. However our official policy is 24 business hours in case our staff does not get to an inquiry immediately.

Compared to the other large bullion dealers, we are quite proud of our shipping times, customer service response times, and friendliness of our customer service team. Testing against our competitors, we have found that we ship the quickest, on average, respond to queries faster, and have the best customer service in the industry. This does not mean that we are perfect or do not have room for improvement, because we are always trying to improve and better ourselves. You may find a few specific examples where this is not the case, but in the long run we are doing quite well and far better than our competitors.

There are anecdotes of an unhappy customer because they received their shipment later than expected or a poor customer service experience. We always try to work with the customer to find what they want and try to make things right with them. As the saying goes, anecdotes are not data, and for the most part we do things right. This can be seen from the exponential increase in our monthly sales, the continuous hiring of new staff, one of which can be directly attributed to a growth in sales from the bitcoin community, lower prices, more coin shows, and the numerous emails and posts of praise from our amazing customers and fans. Yes, we do have growing pains sometimes, but we always try to make things right and you can always count on that consistency.

You may be able to find an individual within the bitcoin community who has better prices or faster shipping at times. However they are usually individuals who only serve the bitcoin community. They do not have the reputation or established brand or consistency that we have. They come and go frequently. Free markets are beautiful because they must do things such as try to offer better prices, shipping times, customer service for them to compete against their rivals. When they reach the same size as Amagi Metals and they still offer better prices, shipping times, and customer service, then kudos to them, they are clearly doing something right. Unfortunate as it is to break to everyone, the bitcoin community is not our primary market, nor is it the majority of our business. At this time we have yet to find a precious metals eCommerce dealer of our size that offers the same type of service that we do. And we plan to keep it that way. Even though the BTC community is not our primary target we do love the bitcoin community because we are advocates of free markets and alternative competing currencies which align closely with the values of many bitcoin enthusiasts. In addition, we would not be where we are today without the bitcoin community. For example, we receive the most feedback from the bitcoin community, probably because of the unique perspective that most of the members have, than any other group. As such, we hope to continue to serve and improve our services to the bitcoin community for a long time to come.

We would also like to make a request to some of the posters on our thread. It appears that we have attracted a few posters, that have low post numbers in which half, or more than half, of all their comments are nitpicking at every comment we are making in every thread that we post in, including this one, while aggressively promoting other dealers. It's uncool. We would appreciate the courtesy of keeping the comments to yourself or create your own "Amagi Haters Club" thread elsewhere. Thank you.

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
Join us on: Facebook - Twitter - Google Plus
Bitweasil

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 04:54:33 AM

The Warbirds I had on backorder have now shipped 9 business days after I ordered. Nice work, AMI!

Oh hey!  Mine have too!  Along with the Love rounds.

Looking forward to getting those in - the Warbird rounds look like they should be spectacular!

Need high quality, rack mountable GPU clusters for OpenCL work or password auditing?  http://www.stricture-group.com/
harmal

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2013, 11:09:36 AM

my last purchase was some silver maple leafs. shipped fast, very satisfied. i was going to order more but i noticed their not on the site anymore. will you be getting more in sometime? you can put me down for a few tubes.
btcwhiskey

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:17:32 AM

Wow I'm amazed my gold order shipped already.  Record time for this company.  Must have something to do with all the complaints.  But what happened the platinum you guys have been saying your going to offer?  That was like weeks ago.

Let's hope 2017 is better than 2016.
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 01:53:59 PM

Wow I'm amazed my gold order shipped already.  Record time for this company.  Must have something to do with all the complaints.  But what happened the platinum you guys have been saying your going to offer?  That was like weeks ago.

We've hired some additional staff over the last few weeks and improved our shipping systems, so everything is shipping faster!

We are still working on getting the Platinum! We are reducing our product offerings to a few select products in each category so we can refocus on our mission statement, to simplify the buying process of precious metals.

AmagiMetals.com is a global eCommerce precious metals retailer and advocates for free markets, free choice, financial responsibility, and sound money.
Bitweasil

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:21:33 PM

We are reducing our product offerings to a few select products in each category so we can refocus on our mission statement, to simplify the buying process of precious metals.

I hope this doesn't mean a reduction in the number of unique silver rounds you're carrying!  One of the reasons I buy from you is that you always have something "interesting" in stock - not just the normal, boring silver rounds you can get anywhere, but interesting, unique, and fairly rapidly changing options.  I try to not buy the same rounds twice (unless I /really/ like them).  I really do like the selection, even if some of it takes longer to ship.

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 02:58:25 PM

Have you had movement toward larger gold pieces?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 05:45:22 PM

Have you had movement toward larger gold pieces?

Larger in quantity or larger in size?

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 05:51:09 PM

I'm sorry, size like 5 or 10oz pieces.

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2013, 06:08:27 PM

Hang out with a few of our staff members tomorrow, 8/16/2013, at the Golden Coin Show at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds in Colorado! The Coin Show will be running from 9am-5pm, MST.

We will be accepting bitcoins for gold and silver LIVE at the show. So stop by and say hello to your favorite bullion dealers!!!!!

Bitweasil

View Profile
August 16, 2013, 06:18:20 PM

Wishing I still lived in weekend motorcycle trip distance of Colorado.  I'd be there if I were, but... 1300+ miles isn't so easy to do in a weekend for one way.

amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 03:35:52 PM

Wishing I still lived in weekend motorcycle trip distance of Colorado.  I'd be there if I were, but... 1300+ miles isn't so easy to do in a weekend for one way.

Bummer! We had a great show, thanks for everyone who showed up.

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 11:49:16 PM

Just ordered a roll of silver maple leafs the other day -- are lead times on these shiny fellas still 5-7 business days?

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 01:47:27 PM

Just ordered a roll of silver maple leafs the other day -- are lead times on these shiny fellas still 5-7 business days?

Yes they are. Should be shipping Friday or Monday!

amagimetals (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 02:02:43 PM

The owner of Amagi Metals, Stephen Macaskill, has just joined the Alumni Board of the Foundation for Economic Education (http://www.fee.org/about/page/fee-alumni-board#axzz2cQAwtNO8).

To celebrate, we are sending one year subscriptions of FEE's amazing magazine, The Freeman, to anyone who places an order over $2,000 on our website and are interested in a subscription. At this time we are only giving away 100 subscriptions and they can only be shipped domestically so get yours fast!

After you place an order with us, just send us an email and we will get you subscribed.

If you don't know, FEE advances Austrian Economics and is known for publishing such works such as Henry Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson, Frederic Bastiat's The Law, and Leonard Read's I, Pencil.

Bitweasil

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 07:30:00 PM

My "Love" and "Warbird" SBSS rounds just arrived.  They contrast with each other nicely. Smiley  Very pretty rounds.

Other than rattling around in the tubes a tiny bit more than I prefer (you could hear them when shaking the package as there was no padding on either end), the packing was excellent and a giant pain to get into (as usual).  Learned something new about the medium flat rate boxes and nested box packing as well.

nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 08:00:39 PM

Nested box packaging FTW, I'm always pleased when valuable things are shipped this way.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
ModusPwnd

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 11:49:34 PM

I have a similar situation.  I am still waiting on an order placed on June 3.  It was finally shipped out to me, but it was not the correct order.  I sent back what I did not order and was told my correct order was shipping out.  I got a tracking number and it shows no delivery made.  Now my order is on hold again.  I wonder what they did with my order.  On the phone I was told it was sitting there ready to go, now its waiting on the mint.  The only explanations are that they took apart my order and sent it to other people, or it was never ready to begin with.

I think things will work out, I hope they will.  I am patiently waiting.  

I finally got my order.  To their credit, they did apologize when I called about the mistake.  It shouldn't have taken them so long to re-send, but in the end I got what I ordered.  If I want more silver for bitcoins, I will still be using Amagi.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: