Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 07:17:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: btt  (Read 407298 times)
creativex (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:29:12 AM

Motion to purchase one or more ASICMiner blades started.

Motion to purchase a secondary market Avalon batch 1 or batch 2 mining unit started.

Cheers.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jmutch

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:55:25 AM

that discussion does make sense. Blades are very inefficient use of funds and it would be wise to be patient. it's a very fine balancing act at this moment. so i'll probs vote avalon order buy then

I know this is ironic, but is it possible to put a portion of the funds in asicsminer-pt shares until a wise opportunity presents itself? i know this is overcomplicating matters and is risky. just thought i'd throw my thoughts out there, even if they are probably foolish.

thanks for making these matter democratic anyway!

CanadianGuy

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:57:47 AM

that discussion does make sense. Blades are very inefficient use of funds and it would be wise to be patient. it's a very fine balancing act at this moment. so i'll probs vote avalon order buy then

I know this is ironic, but is it possible to put a portion of the funds in asicsminer-pt shares until a wise opportunity presents itself? i know this is overcomplicating matters and is risky. just thought i'd throw my thoughts out there, even if they are probably foolish.

An opinion is so hard to digest when it's only behind 17 posts.  How do we know you're not the owner of basicmining trying to show his own support?
I hate posts like these.. they're so fishy..
jmutch

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:08:19 AM

An opinion is so hard to digest when it's only behind 17 posts.  How do we know you're not the owner of basicmining trying to show his own support?
I hate posts like these.. they're so fishy..

i was the one suggesting buying blades yesterday.  i'm looking through old posts and it's already been discussed... and after doing some math it doesn't really make sense to buy blades.

why would the owner of basicminer want to invest in another miner sercurity? would that defeat the porpose of this exercise?

anyway i'm not affiliated . I'm just a guy who bought some shares recently and hates to see that many BTC invested.
jmutch

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:09:07 AM

uninvested Wink
CanadianGuy

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 08:13:14 AM

yeah okay..
Eric Muyser

Activity: 224

You can't kill math.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 10:11:26 AM

yeah okay..

Paranoid much?

@EricMuyser | EricMuyser.com | OTC - "Defeat is a state of mind; no one is ever defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality" - Bruce Lee
CanadianGuy

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:17:56 AM

its extremely hard to trust somebody who just keeps stockpiling shareholder money into a cold wallet.  sorry..
jmutch

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 11:55:00 AM

avalon!!!!!
could make this guy a serious offer, 150BTC or something...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Batch-2-Avalon-ASIC-Pre-Order-Bitcoin-Mining-Rig-/321131901604?pt=CPUs&hash=item4ac4f3f2a4&_uhb=1
CanadianGuy

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 12:00:26 PM

Please god no...
"PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE END OF THE AUCTION. This payment can ONLY be made using Bank-Wire Transfer"
not to mention there are no items in his feedback score which even comes close to the value of this avalon.  This tells me he would be completely willing to sacrifice his perfect feedback score for this quick shady sale
at least we know he won't get scammed with AM blades.  Investing in a possible scam known as avalon carries far more risk, especially in a shady ebay sale that demands payment within 24 hours.   Roll Eyes
Yogi2013

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 04:31:19 PM

I would hope if we went down the road of buying an existing Avalon escrow would be in the terms of sale. Just my opinion.
creativex (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:37:53 PM

its extremely hard to trust somebody who just keeps stockpiling shareholder money into a cold wallet.  sorry..

Hi CanadianGuy. As you may or may not be aware there has not been an abundance of opportunities to invest in deliverable ASIC mining gear. Many of our competitors have invested the majority of available funds in BFL pre-order hardware which remains undelivered after nearly one year. Doing so locked in an exchange rate at dramatically lower levels and will return far less value to investors when and if they ever receive their gear. In retrospect a larger Avalon batch 2 order would have been ideal, as would an order placed with Avalon's batch 1 pre-order, but there were three competing companies in Q4 of 2012 and Avalon didn't necessarily look like the obvious choice at that time. If Avalon had stuck to their delivery schedule we'd have a minimum of 153Gh/s right now, but like nearly every other ASIC mining gear delivery schedule that didn't happen.

I too am a shareholder in bASIC-MINING. I'd rather see our capital deployed and gear hashing for us, but the delays in tangible ASIC mining hardware and the tremendous delays between ordering/paying and actually receiving hardware have created a situation where prudence is important.

Cheers.

creativex (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:44:23 PM

Please god no...
"PAYMENT IS DUE WITHIN 24 HOURS OF THE END OF THE AUCTION. This payment can ONLY be made using Bank-Wire Transfer"
not to mention there are no items in his feedback score which even comes close to the value of this avalon.  This tells me he would be completely willing to sacrifice his perfect feedback score for this quick shady sale
at least we know he won't get scammed with AM blades.  Investing in a possible scam known as avalon carries far more risk, especially in a shady ebay sale that demands payment within 24 hours.   Roll Eyes

I'm opposed to buying someone else's pre-order. If a premium is to be paid it should be for hardware that's in hand. If it's at all possible, I'd prefer to drive or fly to their location to inspect and purchase said gear.

Cheers.

stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:57:12 PM

just curious, what are your plans for when the SEC gets an emergency injunction and seizes all your assets. you are an american issuing securities

maybe you should look into a reverse merger and list on the pink sheets, you have enough funds for that

you can't confirm that the people buying are americans but you should at least pretend that this isn't offered to americans
creativex (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:38:22 PM

just curious, what are your plans for when the SEC gets an emergency injunction and seizes all your assets. you are an american issuing securities

maybe you should look into a reverse merger and list on the pink sheets, you have enough funds for that

you can't confirm that the people buying are americans but you should at least pretend that this isn't offered to americans

Hi stslimited. I'm not so arrogant as to think I can slow the tireless march of Fascism. I expend my energies attempting to control the things within my sphere of influence. To the rest...

Stercus Accidit

matt4054
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:45:22 PM

Hi stslimited. I'm not so arrogant as to think I can slow the tireless march of Fascism. I expend my energies attempting to control the things within my sphere of influence. To the rest...

Stercus Accidit

Excellent answer. And no jurisdiction is immune to their government freaking out with Bitcoin. Sames goes to ASICMINER / friedcat and the Chinese authorities, and I'm pretty sure European governments are no better when it comes to freezing and seizing all assets of some people who are a threat to their supervision power (and money is the key to that power).

Bitcoiners must be ready to go through this, or sell off and cash out. And yes, Ghandi...
Yogi2013

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 06:54:02 PM

Stercus Accidit

+1 creativex well said. Regarding jurisdiction isn't btct registered in Belize?
creativex (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:31:59 PM

Ty...and yes it is.

stslimited

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:48:46 PM

Stercus Accidit

+1 creativex well said. Regarding jurisdiction isn't btct registered in Belize?

this has nothing to do with bitcoin or the location of a stock exchange, lol, read the securities act of 1933, holy shit you guys need legal counsel

BASIC-MINING is publicly listed as having an address in the united states and is offering for sell of securities

creativex needs to AT LEAST rationalize some exemption under the act, or feign ignorance to the fact that americans are the primary shareholders while simultaneously saying this is not offered to americans

look, the SEC is only concerned about wording. they won't bother americans that figure out how to buy shares as long as you say you aren't offering it to americans, IANAL and all of their agency actions are very subjective
creativex (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 07:59:44 PM

K, thanks. Americans please do not buy any virtual shares, it's bad...or may be at some point in the future.

Perfect.

For those that think this is inadequate there's always this mess:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=75802.2360

I'm not interested in following that path.

If that's settled, I'd like to stay on topic please. That being mining hardware.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: